Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and enjoyable work place
Product Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJune 14, 2015
Great place to work at. Management is also great, depending on the department. An added bonus is the great food selection in the cafeteria provided.
Productive High Quailty Workplace
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Athlone, WHJune 10, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Pay
I worked two cycle shift 8-4 one week and 4-12 second week,
I worked has a part of a team and on my own, I learned First aid and became a (JSA) job safety analysis, i worked with a team that aimed for 100% Safety and Quality on all products,
fast paced
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: early shift hours, cafe and gym in the building
Cons: parking
reviewing each case. Verifying patients benefits, obtaining authorizations/referrals, prescriptions for all necessary medical supplies.
Fun and enjoyable to work here.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), 3800 Annapolis Ave N MN PlymouthJune 9, 2015
Normally i start my shift by going through the shift change, which takes approximately 30 min.This where we have strategies for the day and learn on what the previous shift had to go through, also here is where we get to our expectations of the day.The management is awesome us they always listen. My co-workers are invaluable guys, they embrace team spirit. I really enjoy it when we surpass our targets with minimal errors.I have learned that in production quality matters more than quantity. The most hardest part of a job is when you go it alone (as alone ranger mistakes abound).
Great products
Principle Sales Representative (Current Employee), Los AngelesJune 7, 2015
Pros: great products and visionary ceo
Cons: poor work-life balance on the sales and service teams
Medtronic makes fantastic products. Unfortunately, the sales culture has evolved into take, take, take with very little give. The sales and service teams are under-staffed and over-taxed.
good place, great people
Sr. R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Santa RosaJune 1, 2015
The people are great, and I have learned a ton as well as had the opportunity to make solid advances in life saving products. The process has been slow going at times and management could benefit from providing more focused support and leadership. All in all a great place to work with good potential for an individual to make a name for themselves.
Medtronic is a wonderful company, but because it has become so large, it appears it may be beginning to falter from it's own internal bueraucracy.
Senior Production Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMay 27, 2015
I've was with Medtronic for about two years, and while most of that time was indeed a very pleasant working experience, I began to see "issues" in the system that have compelled me to move on to other challenges.
Busy
Analyst (Current Employee), North Haven, CTMay 26, 2015
Pros: Meditation Center, Gym, Summer hours, Charity Jeans Campaign
Cons: Slow to adapt, inefficient
The work itself is interesting, and the employees are very diverse, However, it is a fast paced environment that doesn't really allow time for department improvement or individual development.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Account Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: great exposure, great networking opportunites
I complete a large number of tasks each day at Medtronic. I spend most of my day supporting the field staff and our customers in the US. I process medical device orders and complete credits when needed. I also train new hires and am a mentor within the team. I work on projects to simplify processes and increase quality.
Metric driven workplace
CSR (Current Employee), San AntonioMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: promotion opportunities, pay
Training is adequate with most of the learning being on the job. Having multiple roles I learned alot about closing sales, analysis and what's important to business leaders. In my current role I use a lot of interpersonal relationship building skills on the phone with clients both internal and external. My co-workers are very motivated and the environment has a healthy amount of competition. The most rewarding part of my current position is helping people understand more about how they can leverage our product to succeed in managing their condition and helping them reach their goals. The hardest part of my job/company is being passed over for opportunities I am well qualified for.
productive
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), MNMay 19, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Making Diabetic Pump parts
Customer Service (Former Employee), northridge, CAMay 14, 2015
I would Work on doing the diabetic pump pedestals i would be on an assembly line and at the end of the day i would have to countdown how many we have and write it down on the computer. I would also do labels for the pedestals.
Learned a lot with billing issues
Temp (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 14, 2015
Answered 50-100 calls in queue, data entry, verify insurance HMO, Medicare, PPO and Medicaid
Answering patients billing questions regarding account and collecting on past due bills
Verified patient insurance information according to carrier providing patients with deductible and co payments
Excellent
Project Lead SRM/SNC Consultant (Current Employee), MinneapolisMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good collegues
Cons: Smoking zone is too far
Excellent organisation to work for, Good leanings. Enjoyed lot here.
Excellent co workers, Management is just awesome
Great place to work, management needs serious help
Human Resources Information Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits, fun team atmorphere
Cons: management, driving distance from my home
I loved my job at Medtronic and I would still be there if it weren't for my manager. She was the worst manager. She did not know her job and most certainly did not know ours. She would spend her time surfing the web and not working. She played major favorites with our team. Of the 7 of us on the team, 3 of them were friends of hers. She was on a bowling league with one of them. I ultimately left because I knew I would never grow in that job. I was not one of her favorites. I am now in a great job and am very happy. It is too bad because I would most likely still be working for Medtronic if she was not the manager.
Strong mission
Clinical Research Specialist (Former Employee), Fridley, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance and job security
Cons: slower paced
Great place to learn and grow professionally and personally with many different resources to achieve goals

Devoted colleagues with strong ties to company mission

Hardest part is the slower paced environment
very great workplace environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: reward lunches after a great quarter of the year
Cons: sometimes employees requests are not heard
it was a great day at work everyday. everyday I would learn a different task and gain knowledge of it. the management team were all great people and enjoy working with them. my coworkers were great people to work with. there were most coworkers that were great or some workers that had off days so attitudes were not that great but did not affect the work at all. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the knowledge and also consider this the most enjoyable part as well because I love a challenge.
Nice place to work.
Machine Technician/ Manufacturing (Former Employee), Jacksonville FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: The people at the job was really friendly and down to earth witch made the job fun to go too.
Cons: Management could have been ran a little better.
The work place was enjoyable because of the friendly people that you work around. There always positive energy in the work place. I really love that about that job.
Very nice atmosphere and nice people!
Data Steward (Intern) (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Experience in a growing field, the people, and the lunch room
Cons: I was only an intern in my senior year of high school
Get there, eat free donuts/cookies/muffins, get a cup of coffee and get to work. I learned how to use SAP and the EMR. Management is very well and in order. The co-workers were very nice and helped me when I needed it. The hardest part was fully remembering every process, but I eventually got it after a month. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the co-workers and the CIO Michael Hedges and eating in the giant lunch room.
A company in transition, trying to redefine itself in the global economy.
Principal Design Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 23, 2015
The majority of Medtronic's managers are sincere about wanting to improve the lives of customers and employees. As an employee, I really do believe that how I do my job will affect patient outcomes by improving the quality and reliability of our products. It's a good place to work.
Headquarters