Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Packaging Engineering
Senior Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNMarch 29, 2015
Great company with great people. I enjoy my time at Medtronic. I would recommend Medtronic. I feel the management at Medtronic is fair and i am compensated for my work.
not a fun place to work.
Shipping and Handling Clerk (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: no food was given
Cons: very short breaks
it wasn't fun at all to work there because my supervisor wanted us to work as a slave. plus it was a first experience , but after i left he did realize that i was a good employee and he expected me to go back but i went to school instead, and got me the nurses aide licence.
Big Company with corresponding good and bad
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: products you can feel good about. great benefits
Cons: politics, lack of appreciation for employees
Typical big company culture. Most people are motivated by the products which help people. Like all big companies, some middle management are more interested in their careers than they are the products.
A Typical Day
Customer Service Representative/ Call Center (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: job itself was very simple, just paying close attention to detail
Cons: temporary position
Duties included answering inbound calls, while processing faxed and electronically submitted orders, as well as returns and credits. Required me to manage my time wisely with little to no supervision. Hardest part of the job was not being able to please every customer or patient, but the most rewarding was a patient or customer thanking you for taking the time to assist them with their needs like no one had in the company before.
Covidien (now a division of Medtronic) is not the place to work
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 17, 2015
Covidien has no Business Process or IT strategy, creating an environment where even the most basic tasks are complicated and cumbersome. The management culture aligns with the saying , "the flogging will continue until morale improves"

There is a great deal of potential in this company, but the leadership isn't interested in any real, significant, or long term change to improve the health of the company and bring a sense of job satisfaction to the culture. The focus is only on firefighting the emergency of the hour and the marketing organization has no respect for any other internal organization.

My rating is as high as it is due to the Medtronic acquisition, which has provided hope for positive change. Medtronic appears to be a fabulous company, but until full organizational integration occurs (which may take a couple years) this is not the best place to work. There has recently been an exodus of talent due to the disappointing culture created by top Covidien leadership.
Incredible experience
Operation Assistant (Former Employee), chinaMarch 17, 2015
If you have a chance to work for medtronic, just do it. I like everything there: people, environment, challenges...really good company for you to grow
Best Company to work with
Salesforce.com QA (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNMarch 17, 2015
I am working with Medtronic since more than one year now Best people, Best Team and Company to work with, I Wish they can hire me as Perm employee.
PRODUCTIVE AND NO REWORK UNIT
Value Stream Intern (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 16, 2015
GREAT CHALLENGES
VERY HELPFUL CO WORKER
GOOD PROJECT AND RESPONSIBILITY
ON FLOOR INTERACTION WITH THE ASSOCIATES
CREDIBILITY OF WORK
Productive and very Pro-employee
Intern Associate Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Juncos, Puerto RicoMarch 15, 2015
Very good company to develop and evolve the knowledge of a engineer. Was my first real experience of a engineering job. Very stable and Pro-employee company.
Good company to work for
Marketing Associate Director (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2015
Medtronic and their locations in Minneapolis are great. Good culture and managers. However, the culture deteriorates as you leave Minnesota.
A clean and healthy work place.
Clean room (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park MnMarch 13, 2015
Cons: short breaks
You have to stand for hours, and have good communication with others. respect your co-worker. Coming to work on time,doing your job with in a timely period. no sleeping on the job.
Enterpreneurial Culture
Regional Manager, Business Model Innovations (Current Employee), South IndiaMarch 10, 2015
We have the opportunity to design & execute our strategy to achieve new sales.
The company offer the support of financial assistance to try our thought
Productive workplace but no ping pong table.
Team Lead - Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: steady
Cons: short breaks
Team lead for Complaint Handling dept. Assist off line reviewers with complaints. write MedWatch supplemental reports after failure analysis results.
good place to work
Mentor Calibre verification tools Cadence VXL (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2015
the technology was old but it was a nice place to work. Management was nice and let you know what was going on. It was like working at Motorola again.
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 4, 2015
Great company that really makes a difference in the lives of Diabetics. Great compensation. Awesome associates. Benefits and Compensation top of the line.
Fun and easy work environment, all around team work from all employees
Medical Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee), Mystic,CTMarch 2, 2015
Work would start at 630 am and would check the list by the managers office to see what room we would be working in. Shifts would be 10 hours a day four days a week with weekends off. I learned how to use different machines that help with the process of making the products and materials, working with y co-workers was a lot of fun, we were like a family and helped each other out in anyway possible to accomplish the task. We would help each other with clean up of our work stations at the end of the day so everyone could leave at 5 pm.
Dream job
Senior Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Loved being a part of Osteotech/Medtronic company. Best and most rewarding job experience that I have had so far in my career.
Corvalave Medtronic Santa Ana
Medical Assebler (Former Employee), Santa AnaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: over time everyday
Cons: long hours & leader and manager very mean people
Lead Supervisor Edwin Santos is a very rude person he has a lot of MOOD swings . New people always join the team but mostly everyone that is new leaves because how the situation of the group leader . He Yells at you in front of everyone ! He has a co worker that works in the group and he always LOOKING every moment that you working So Uncomfortable !! Then Some Procedures Are not Done RIGHT ! MESSY !
Manufacturing
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), PRFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: coworkers, management
Cons: slow career advancement, benefits
Great company to work for. You will learn how to become part of a team. Best coworkers ever. A lot of overtime. Will take you time to move forward in your career. So be patient.
Great Company
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Shoreview, MinnesotaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: timed schedules
Much of the daily tasks were inbound calls/fax/EDI orders. Very Simple job and plenty of opportunity to advance. Extended hours for Quarter End

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more