Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Industry leading and minimal recalls
Pacemaker Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 9, 2014
This company is ahead of the rest as it developed the first pacemaker. It has a wonderful education department.
No room for advancement
StartRight Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 9, 2014
Call center job where we were to call customers to close sale of medical devices.
Great Workplace
Software Developer (Former Employee), PRSeptember 9, 2014
Great place to learn about Innovations and also to play as a Team Member.
Team member/ Line Leader's backup in EMG line (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great bonuses, free lunches, excersise time provided, trainings, etc.
Cons: no cons
Medtronic is an excellent company to work for. Typical day would be to do as best as we can to reach our daily goals which is to make 300 of EMG surgical tubes with best qualities. This goal is greatly supported by co-workers as well as management. The hardest part sometimes is to make the desired goal because of lack of materials or people. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is when the team join forces and go above and beyond desired goal. – less
Good Company
Rep (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 31, 2014
It's a good company to work for. Good people and very diverse.
Production, working eviroment and related equipments convenience
Electromechanical Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: sometime freelunch
Cons: comfortable break time. full cafeteria, ....
I work the 1st shift, My work is to open small old pumps machines and install, build a new ones in a assembly line. After, I must confident test the new ones, including pressure , parts, motor,....
I do work-hard, often I work 9 or 10 hours a day and Saturday overtime , But I love it , because it is my job, Mechanical , Ellectromechanical Assemblers.
Team Member II
Team Member II (Former Employee), Villalba,Puerto RicoAugust 26, 2014
Assembly medical equipment pieces like catheters and welding of the electric system stripes.I learned teamwork, meet customer expectations, follow processes.
Good people and good job.
Medical Device Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, good/like fellow employees.
Cons: management was not in contact.
Lots of good people to work with. Lots of information learned on job. Management was out of touch. Hardest part of job was all the road time. MY team and all the good hospital employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good place to work.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2014
Good place to work. I operate a fork lift most of the day. I am learning the distribution/ supply chain processes.
Great
Senior HR Generalist/HRBP (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 25, 2014
Great Company. Excellent Benefit Package. The opportunity to learn a lot and learn about the amazing work that the organization does for the community and those dealing with chronic diseases.
Great people to work with.
Project Coordinator III (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2014
Prepare agendas, calendar appointments for Research Team. Maintained and coordinated all training on Standard or Work Procedures for the facility. Worked with various teams on projects that needed my support.
Productive company.
Secretary (Former Employee), Milaca, MNAugust 22, 2014
Typed medical documents to build pace makers. Some filing and copying also involved.
At one time Medtronic was an exciting place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: compensation, exciting projects, very stimulating work
Cons: long hours, many expectations, significant layoffs over the past 3 years
Medtronic asked a lot of it's employees, but we were generally well compensated. There are pockets of excellence, but with all large companies there are also pockets of incompetence.
Fun workplace
Assembly in production line (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlAugust 20, 2014
Pros: decent breaks, fast paced, and great people.
Cons: compensation
Typical night shift job.
I learned how to do assembly and packaging of medical products.
Management was alright.
Co-workers were great.
Hardest part of the job was the pay rate/compensation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was working with.
Exciting place to work due to the impact one makes on People's lives
Principal Design Engineer (Lead) (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNAugust 19, 2014
Great place to work and build career with great benefits.
I work here because I know the impact my daily work makes on someones life. The company provides everyone opportunities as long as you know what you want to accomplish.
Large cooperation with many great opportunities
Administrative Asst for Collections dept (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great director to support, friendly environment, stocks, restaurant
Cons: parking lot
Everyday was different supporting the collections department. I attended all weekly meeting's with the director and handled all day to day reports. Department supplies were ordered weekly and distributed. Timesheet's from 200 plus employes were imputed and coordinated with the payroll department. Medtronic had great benefits, stocks and a friendly restaurant – more... to take a breaks and enjoy lunch with coworkers. I learned many new things especially how to handle angry customers and different personalities working with so many employees. – less
Producitve and social with team work efforts
Medical Sales Rep (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, overtime is appreciated, incentives with contests due to sales
Cons: healthcare, compensation
A typical day at work is usually clocking into my system and getting coffee. First thing is we have team huddles everyday to forecast sales numbers and where we as a team and individual should be number wise. I then check my emails and faxes and respond accoordingly. My coworkers are amazing because they help and answer any questions I have. It is a – more... real team driven business. The hardest part of my job is the require 10+ overtime they require without much advance notice. I do what ever is asked of me regardless. My favorite part of the job is being able to socialize with patients and help them with their medical supplies. I think my reason for coming to work is being able to help people with their insurances, health, and being able to educate them. – less
Intense workplace
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Norhridge, CAAugust 11, 2014
Very fast paced environment with changes by the minute
Pretty good management
Great pay and benefits
I love Medtronic
Animal Technician II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2014
One of the best companies to work for. Cares very much about the customers. Always willing to go the extra mile. Provides wonderful work / life balance.
Leadership Deprived
Area Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2014
Pros: highly technical, high $ compensation
Cons: stress, very little teamwork
Medtronic is a terrific company that is attempting to navigate the ACA with first priority being to appease Wall Street and the shareholders. In my opinion, this approach may have some short term gain, but the company may suffer in the long term due to the loss and disgruntlement of many high performing employees.

As a sales representative for Medtronic – more... in its Surgical Technologies, Neurosurgery, and Spinal and Biologics business units over the last 11 years, I have been primarily responsible for surgical case coverage, selling, and consultation, for intra-operative navigational capital equipment (Stealth/O-arm,etc.), and high speed drill capital equipment for Neurosurgery, spine surgery,ENT, and orthopedic procedures. Additionally, I was responsible for neurosurgery CSF management products (shunts, catheters, etc.), external ventricular drainage, cranial plating, the many disposables that were necessary to utilize the capital equipment, and the service contracts associated with the care, maintenance, and software upgrades for all the systems.

Over the last 15 years in my work with GE and Medtronic, I have worked out of my home office. Specifically, in medical device sales for Medtronic, a typical day would begin by getting out of the door and to the hospital OR by 6:30am. Most often I would greet any surgeon, circulator, nurse, or scrub assistant in order to fully display my energy and enthusiasm to provide any assistance needed to best take care of the patient entering the surgical procedure.

Although there was most recently a clinical specialist team put in place within Medtronic, the majority of my 11 years of service were performed by myself with very little direct management influence or co-worker interaction on a daily basis. – less

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more