Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company in transition
Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Management is weak.
With a recent acquisition of Covidien, there is a lot of turbulence, which is to be expected when things like this happen. However, the knee jerk reactions are going to create turnover and unhappiness. – more... It is unfortunate that a medical device company does not employ clinicians that have the credentials to run the business segments, instead they employ non-clinical people that have a successful business background (not knocking their successes) that don't fully understand the business with which they are working. If the patient first mentality is to enacted, rather than espoused by the non clinical management, hire some clinical people with successful business backgrounds, that offer a nice mix to build a successful business. This could be a great transition and a great overall company. The culture is ecstatic, but the passion is dwindling with some of the irrelevant decisions that are occurring. – less
no room for growth would not suggest any one to work for the company
Fixation Technician (Former Employee), santa ana caJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay
not a good place to work, hard labor low pay unhealthy condition no room for growth.poor management, long hours unfair labor practice.
No Work Life Balance - Male Dominated
Medical Affairs (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Medtronic acquisition
Cons: Covidien Culture
This review is for Covidien before it became Medtronic. Culturally it is a male dominated organization there is little chance of a female advancing with the leadership predominantly consisting of white – more... males. Progression in the organization is contingent on starting there young and working your way through the organization as they rarely hire outside expertise in sales and marketing for leadership positions. This culture promotes a rather dog eat dog world. Starting pay in sales for a base is extremely low. – less
It's a good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: 401k is great, overtime is always available, you feel good about helping people improve their health, Starbucks in the building
Cons: Pressure to do overtime, management doesn't listen to good ideas sometimes
I've worked for Medtronic Diabetes for about 8 years.

I started in the in-bound call center making $14.50, moved into order processing, insurance verification,etc. After 8 years I am making about $19.50 – more... an hour with a great 401k plan and really good medical benefits.

Each role I was in over the years has had its common share of work stress but nothing unusual. Of course, there are things that annoy me but I didn't find myself feeling micromanaged or overworked. Some people did. Personally I'm not the type of person to get hyped up about new processes or decisions management makes that I don't understand. I just come in to do my job and leave.

MAJOR PLUS:

-You do feel good about working here because you really are helping people. Medtronic technology is truly life-saving and that's a definite motivator.

-There was almost always overtime available. I often did feel pressured to put in overtime on days that I really wasn't feeling it but...I sucked it up and in the end enjoyed the bigger paycheck.

-There's a Starbucks in the cafeteria at the Northridge location.

-You get quarterly or annual bonuses depending on which department you work in. They are usually around $500 every 3 months, even more for people who work in other departments like StartRight, Pump Order Services, etc. If your bonus is annual, it's a minimum of 5% of your total annual salary + extra if the company performs well.

There were so many around me who had worked for the company for even longer so even though we have a tendency to gripe about this and that, I think that speaks to the quality of the job/company. – less
Under resourced and too many priorities
Director (Current Employee), Fridley, MNJuly 17, 2015
For as large of organization as MDT is, they struggle with having appropriate resources. The org also does not know how to prioritize, hence, everything is a priority.
Responsiblities
Sr. Compliance / Audit Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2015
Pros: A lot of independence.
Cons: Working in an office rather than at home.
I plan, execute, manage, conduct audits with suppliers. I manage CAPA initiation and closure with suppliers. I participate on cross-functional teams as needed.
Contractor Role
Extrusion Technician/Line Supports (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Pay rate is competitive to other job market in similar business.
Cons: You can only hope to become regular employee after the two year mark.
I'm currently working at Medtronic as a contractor. There had been a track record of hiring contract workers to work up to two year at a time and you don't know if you're going to be converted at the end – more... of the two year mark. Some has been converted to regular employee and some didn't make the cut at the end of the two year period. If you are the regular employee, they offer good benefits. If you are a contractor, nothing much to say beside the hourly salary. You'll be also excluded from many company events as a contractor. – less
Hostile work environment
QC Tech (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJuly 8, 2015
If you want to work with unintelligent people, then this is for you. This is a place where the illogical is the logical. Only Idiots get promoted and it is just terrible. Only a few good people in all departments. Everyone hates each other but are just simply double faced.
Good company
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Bonus, great benefits
Cons: Hiring freeze while I was a temp there
Performed verification of patient’s insurance policies for coverage of diabetic supplies. Followed up with patients about preexisting clauses or new insurance coverage. Monitored complex issues to resolve concerns of patients and insurance companies.
productive and fun very detailed orientated
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: compnay meetings free lunches bonus every year
Cons: small raises
i loved the job
great management
i learner a lot about electronics and medical devices
working for the company was good because of the opportunities they had for advancing in the company
Challenging and stimulating.
Contingent Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch when metrics are reached.
Cons: Short staffed for the increasing work load.
I was given many large projects which were challenging and satisfying. I felt like I could and did make a difference. I was able to wear many hats and interact with people on the shop floor and in the office.
dont work here
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: food
Cons: managment two faced
untrustworthy management and flawed computer program. the people are great but you have to watch out for management. the environment is good but right now its messed up with a flawed software program that keeps crashing that management does not understand
fun place to work
Service technician (Former Employee), all minnesota locationsJune 25, 2015
Pros: ping pong table for the employees
Cons: very fast pace
very goopd place to work, very nce people that help with anything you need. very demanding on what is needed. there are alot of focus groups that you have to work as a team.
Educational Place To Work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for Medtronic from 2005 until current.

My co-workers were enjoyable and I liked the travel when it was possible.
Got to learn a lot of new things
R&D Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2015
I got exposure to the existing products as well as upcoming products. Learn new things about designing and testing the devices.
Great Company Overall
PROJECT COORDINATOR II - Contracts & Pricing (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2015
Overall Medtronic is a great company to work for. I worked there for over 13 years in a variety of positions. Unfortunately there have been drastic changes made to the business model and most of the – more... remote positions are being relocated back to corporate. Unless you live in or are willing to move to Memphis or Minneapolis, there are not many (if any) non-sales positions available.

I have learned many valuable skills and worked with some wonderful people. My direct managers have always been hard working, ethical and great mentors. My co-workers and counter-parts have all become people I call friends. – less
Excellent Organization
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Villalbam PRJune 22, 2015
Great people. Great company. Great mission statement. A respectful and considerate environment. Great learning experience and opportunity to grow.
Great company to work for if you're a woman.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNJune 18, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any.
Cons: The list is long.
The department I worked in was mostly women and by the time I was released I was pretty much kicked out because I "wasn't woman enough" for the group.
Good
Talent Acquisition Executive - SEA (Current Employee), SingaporeJune 16, 2015
Good Place to work, Great atmosphere and fantastic people. Proper work life Balance and taking care of employees. Worlds No1 in medical devices industry
productive and enjoyable work place
Product Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJune 14, 2015
Great place to work at. Management is also great, depending on the department. An added bonus is the great food selection in the cafeteria provided.
Headquarters