Medtronic

Medtronic Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Intense workplace
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Norhridge, CAAugust 11, 2014
Very fast paced environment with changes by the minute
Pretty good management
Great pay and benefits
I love Medtronic
Animal Technician II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2014
One of the best companies to work for. Cares very much about the customers. Always willing to go the extra mile. Provides wonderful work / life balance.
Leadership Deprived
Area Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2014
Pros: highly technical, high $ compensation
Cons: stress, very little teamwork
Medtronic is a terrific company that is attempting to navigate the ACA with first priority being to appease Wall Street and the shareholders. In my opinion, this approach may have some short term gain, but the company may suffer in the long term due to the loss and disgruntlement of many high performing employees.

As a sales representative for Medtronic – more... in its Surgical Technologies, Neurosurgery, and Spinal and Biologics business units over the last 11 years, I have been primarily responsible for surgical case coverage, selling, and consultation, for intra-operative navigational capital equipment (Stealth/O-arm,etc.), and high speed drill capital equipment for Neurosurgery, spine surgery,ENT, and orthopedic procedures. Additionally, I was responsible for neurosurgery CSF management products (shunts, catheters, etc.), external ventricular drainage, cranial plating, the many disposables that were necessary to utilize the capital equipment, and the service contracts associated with the care, maintenance, and software upgrades for all the systems.

Over the last 15 years in my work with GE and Medtronic, I have worked out of my home office. Specifically, in medical device sales for Medtronic, a typical day would begin by getting out of the door and to the hospital OR by 6:30am. Most often I would greet any surgeon, circulator, nurse, or scrub assistant in order to fully display my energy and enthusiasm to provide any assistance needed to best take care of the patient entering the surgical procedure.

Although there was most recently a clinical specialist team put in place within Medtronic, the majority of my 11 years of service were performed by myself with very little direct management influence or co-worker interaction on a daily basis. – less
Great place to work with many opportunities to grow
Import/Export Coordinator III (Remote Agent) (Current Employee), MNAugust 1, 2014
Pros: work from home
The department I work in consists of multi-tasking on a daily basis and working with multiple departments in order to ship out orders using SAP. Communicating with the customers is essential and there is always something new to work on. Nothing is ever the same as you are always challenged in one way or another, positive part of the job for me!
Very Fast Pace Environment
Director, Insulin Delivery Business Unit (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: very challenging environment which stretches the employees
Cons: work/life balance...its all about the work.
To work for Medtronic you must be very agile and willing to change direction on a moments notice. My business unit has many different customer facing products and thus we are constantly adapting to the customer needs on a weekly basis.
Good place with a solid Mission
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), USAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: lack of opportunities for growth
I believe in the Mission of this company, feel proud of my work here.
Production floor
SENIOR QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many people starting controversy
Most days it was business as usual. Some days it always seems to be in an uproar with employees not knowing what they were suppose to do. I would go in and just work and try to avoid all the conflicts in the department. I enjoyed my job very much. To me there weren't any jobs too difficult to do.
Smart people, meaningful work
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2014
Mission-driven company that truly values patients, employees and the community. Great benefits with one of the best overall retirement packages of any Fortune 500 company. Extremely smart people, very innovative and collaborative culture
Intensive sales job
Diabetes Therapy Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
High pressure sales work, but nice benefits and overtime is always available.

One Friday of every month is "month end" and everybody works 10-14 hour days to meet quotas.
clear.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: sometime free lunch
Cons: ontime
Every six month we have a review. once a year we raise bonus.
I learned computer .SAP system Man man system
Making a difference
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: variety, my job allows me to do what i'm passionate about (event planning, analyizing data, and technical skills)
Cons: lack of promotional opportunties
My role is key in making sure employees have the tools and knowledge needed to bring our company to the next level. My position involves a variety of tasks from event planning, to technical business analyst, and provide data analytics for my department. I'm looking for opportunities that capitalize on my technical knowledge and positions that involve – more... data analytics. I am a people person who enjoys working in a team environment. I enjoy giving back to the community and I actively volunteer for charities sponsored by Medtronic. – less
Excellent place to work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: beautiful building, greet cafeteria, it
Amazing place to work. Smart and hard working people in this company.

It's no wonder this company continues to grow.
Productive workplace
SR Tech Specialist II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Logging into work first thing.Basically you are on your own from the get go but it is more about independence and not having management micro manage you as you do your job, There are plenty of pros and cons to the job but that is in every job. I enjoy this job do to the team work within our company.
Stimulating and rewarding work environment
Corporate Expert on STS Blood Management (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNJuly 2, 2014
Pros: freedom to work independently and great travel experience
Cons: some long days
Traveled the US providing support for sales force and clinical practice
outstanding company
Principal Scientist (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: largest medical technology company
Cons: could be larger
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Last year, more than 9 million people benefited from our medical therapies, which treat cardiac and vascular diseases, diabetes, and neurological – more... and musculoskeletal conditions. – less
good place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaJune 27, 2014
Provide great work-life balance program for employees. Good benefit package and very happy working environment
demand
Clinical Pump Consultant, Southern IN Region (Current Employee), Southern INJune 25, 2014
not a huge demand and wish I could pick up more pump starts, Love working with insulin dependent diabetes but not getting many referrals.
Productive Workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: very clean environment.
Cons: chemicals from the coating started giving me nose bleeds.
Productive place learned a lot about heart catheters and the different types.
Good, Knowledgeable and Talented People
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 23, 2014
A Good company to be with and it helps you to be satisfied in serving patients always.

Salary and benefits are at par market standards

Job Security is good enough as the company cares for people.

Management cares for people development too.

Job Culture is also good.
Related with all different type of management folks
Senior Store Planner / Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: used their health fitness center
Cons: good health care benefits
A typical day at work was surveying all the buildings in the complex.
Learned how to communicate with contractors an all diversified projects, great relationship with co-workers and there was not really a hard part of the job i enjoyed being part of Medtronic.

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more