Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
medtronic
sales (Former Employee), nationalOctober 3, 2014
great benefits, talented reps, great training, not much work life balance
Patient focus is strong, communication and direction lacking
Distributor Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great launching platform for new graduates
Cons: taking on additional responsibilities isn't compensated appropriately
Every day is something new which I enjoy, I work with some very talented people which is also great!

I have learned a lot about business, customer service and the medical device industry. I have also learned a great deal about account management and project management.

Most of the people I work with are great, there are certain people that are less – more... talented than others, but that is to be expected anywhere.

The hardest part of the job is staying driven and passionate despite constantly taking on more and more responsibility in the hopes that the compensation will follow.

The best part is getting to have a positive impact on countless lives through the diabetes therapies and never having to think twice about the overall effectiveness of the products. – less
Great company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2014
Mission statement to help people enrich their lives through medical research, equipment and processes.
It Is, What It Is
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 30, 2014
Cons: countless
All levels of management at Medtronic are clueless and make "Stupid" company critical decisions based on figures on paper from “Clueless Bean Counters”. If they can save a few dollars on a process sending it to another side of world, they will do it. They perceive that it’s alright to spend a fortune in shipping items Overnight half way across the world – more... to sustain their remote facilities. There’s no thought or regards to how their decision affect the people that work for them and their families. The SOP (Standard Operatin Procedure) is wait to the last minute or for a crisis to do anything to address the issue. Change is something that is not spoke within their walls. If someone does, they’re instantly tabooed. Medtronic is proof that the "Old Boys Club" is still alive and lives on... – less
Productive work environment
Microbiology/Sterilization Associate (Former Employee), PRSeptember 30, 2014
Oversaw and executed various microbiology tests including Bioburden, LAL, filtration of DI Water and Sterile Water, Environmental Monitoring, medium culture preparation, laboratory supply purchases, depyrogenation, Growth Promotion, Microorganisms ID, disposition of sterilization lots, Document changes, Personnel trainings, Quality Management presentations – more... and tests schedule preparation. – less
Medtronic Diabetes
Engineering Manager - Biomedical Engineer (Current Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 25, 2014
Position has hits pros and cons - feel free to contact me if you wish to obtain specific details.
Great work/life balance, pays ok but with no benefits, little stress at work.
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Jacksonville FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: pays ok.
Cons: no benefits, does not like to advance people into higher positions, very little social organizations or outings i.e. happy hour or team events
Somewhat perceived as a cheap company. They give a very little budget for outside of work activities such as social gatherings/events, team bonding, recognize achievement awards, free dinners/luncheons.
Working at Metronic
Machine Operator, Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: i had one hour for luch time.
Cons: two time for fifteen minutes short break.
I been working at Metronic for two years. First year i worked as a machine operator by running the machine with other coworker, i was packing the product into the plastic bag, sealing bag, counting how much do i have to put in the bag. i ran couple line, cutting, poching, crimping, labeling ect..one year later they sent me to work another facility at – more... repair department. Assembly component to the p c board, soldering, cleaned, unpacked product from customer, testing what's wrong, troubleshout, repacked ect... I love this job it was so clean, and easy job have a lot of friend, i enjoyable with all my friend have a lot of birthday party. Two years later my contract was end so they laid me off. I got a good pay on this job. – less
Program Specialist
Program Specialist - Customer Education (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked with executive leadership on a daily basis and met many people
Cons: you were on your feet all day, adjustments to the agenda we made it seemles, yet difficult at times to do, you did not have an opportunity to take lunch
There was not typical day, however, we had customers in daily. We coordinated the entire visit (International and National). Which included:

- Customizing the agenda to meet the customer needs
- Working with Sales Force over the telephone to work with and make sure that all needs for customers are met.
- Coordinated, Flights, Hotel, dinners, transportation, – more... technology that is needed for meetings and all meals and special request.
- Greeted customers and accommodated the meeting through out it entirety, which could be from 1 day - 1 week in length.
- Communicated with internal employees to make sure that we had people available to speak with our customers on our agenda items to learn about our products and therapies.
- Registered customers and all participating employees and other guest into database.
- Adjusted time of sessions, if needed and handled all other needs. – less
Comfort vs. Opportunity
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Even though all of the people I work with are wonderful, and I feel pretty secure where I am at, I think after 9 years of being in the same position, it is time to get out of my comfort zone, try something new, and meet new people! I am looking to expand my knowledge and continue to grow professionally.
Clear goals
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee), Louisville, COSeptember 11, 2014
I like start work early to get a good idea what is needed of me during the day. I've learned that I like working with Internees. There fresh take on their job help keep me on my toes and looking forward.
Medical Device Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Mounds ViewSeptember 9, 2014
Medtronic is a fine company with a generally good reputation.
Industry leading and minimal recalls
Pacemaker Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 9, 2014
This company is ahead of the rest as it developed the first pacemaker. It has a wonderful education department.
No room for advancement
StartRight Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 9, 2014
Call center job where we were to call customers to close sale of medical devices.
Great Workplace
Software Developer (Former Employee), PRSeptember 9, 2014
Great place to learn about Innovations and also to play as a Team Member.
Team member/ Line Leader's backup in EMG line (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great bonuses, free lunches, excersise time provided, trainings, etc.
Cons: no cons
Medtronic is an excellent company to work for. Typical day would be to do as best as we can to reach our daily goals which is to make 300 of EMG surgical tubes with best qualities. This goal is greatly supported by co-workers as well as management. The hardest part sometimes is to make the desired goal because of lack of materials or people. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is when the team join forces and go above and beyond desired goal. – less
Good Company
Rep (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 31, 2014
It's a good company to work for. Good people and very diverse.
Production, working eviroment and related equipments convenience
Electromechanical Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: sometime freelunch
Cons: comfortable break time. full cafeteria, ....
I work the 1st shift, My work is to open small old pumps machines and install, build a new ones in a assembly line. After, I must confident test the new ones, including pressure , parts, motor,....
I do work-hard, often I work 9 or 10 hours a day and Saturday overtime , But I love it , because it is my job, Mechanical , Ellectromechanical Assemblers.
Team Member II
Team Member II (Former Employee), Villalba,Puerto RicoAugust 26, 2014
Assembly medical equipment pieces like catheters and welding of the electric system stripes.I learned teamwork, meet customer expectations, follow processes.
Good people and good job.
Medical Device Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, good/like fellow employees.
Cons: management was not in contact.
Lots of good people to work with. Lots of information learned on job. Management was out of touch. Hardest part of job was all the road time. MY team and all the good hospital employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more