Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy
Analyst (Current Employee), North Haven, CTMay 26, 2015
Pros: Meditation Center, Gym, Summer hours, Charity Jeans Campaign
Cons: Slow to adapt, inefficient
The work itself is interesting, and the employees are very diverse, However, it is a fast paced environment that doesn't really allow time for department improvement or individual development.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Account Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: great exposure, great networking opportunites
I complete a large number of tasks each day at Medtronic. I spend most of my day supporting the field staff and our customers in the US. I process medical device orders and complete credits when needed. I also train new hires and am a mentor within the team. I work on projects to simplify processes and increase quality.
Metric driven workplace
CSR (Current Employee), San AntonioMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: promotion opportunities, pay
Training is adequate with most of the learning being on the job. Having multiple roles I learned alot about closing sales, analysis and what's important to business leaders. In my current role I use a lot of interpersonal relationship building skills on the phone with clients both internal and external. My co-workers are very motivated and the environment has a healthy amount of competition. The most rewarding part of my current position is helping people understand more about how they can leverage our product to succeed in managing their condition and helping them reach their goals. The hardest part of my job/company is being passed over for opportunities I am well qualified for.
productive
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), MNMay 19, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Making Diabetic Pump parts
Customer Service (Former Employee), northridge, CAMay 14, 2015
I would Work on doing the diabetic pump pedestals i would be on an assembly line and at the end of the day i would have to countdown how many we have and write it down on the computer. I would also do labels for the pedestals.
Learned a lot with billing issues
Temp (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 14, 2015
Answered 50-100 calls in queue, data entry, verify insurance HMO, Medicare, PPO and Medicaid
Answering patients billing questions regarding account and collecting on past due bills
Verified patient insurance information according to carrier providing patients with deductible and co payments
Excellent
Project Lead SRM/SNC Consultant (Current Employee), MinneapolisMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good collegues
Cons: Smoking zone is too far
Excellent organisation to work for, Good leanings. Enjoyed lot here.
Excellent co workers, Management is just awesome
Great place to work, management needs serious help
Human Resources Information Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits, fun team atmorphere
Cons: management, driving distance from my home
I loved my job at Medtronic and I would still be there if it weren't for my manager. She was the worst manager. She did not know her job and most certainly did not know ours. She would spend her time surfing the web and not working. She played major favorites with our team. Of the 7 of us on the team, 3 of them were friends of hers. She was on a bowling league with one of them. I ultimately left because I knew I would never grow in that job. I was not one of her favorites. I am now in a great job and am very happy. It is too bad because I would most likely still be working for Medtronic if she was not the manager.
Strong mission
Clinical Research Specialist (Former Employee), Fridley, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance and job security
Cons: slower paced
Great place to learn and grow professionally and personally with many different resources to achieve goals

Devoted colleagues with strong ties to company mission

Hardest part is the slower paced environment
very great workplace environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: reward lunches after a great quarter of the year
Cons: sometimes employees requests are not heard
it was a great day at work everyday. everyday I would learn a different task and gain knowledge of it. the management team were all great people and enjoy working with them. my coworkers were great people to work with. there were most coworkers that were great or some workers that had off days so attitudes were not that great but did not affect the work at all. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the knowledge and also consider this the most enjoyable part as well because I love a challenge.
Nice place to work.
Machine Technician/ Manufacturing (Former Employee), Jacksonville FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: The people at the job was really friendly and down to earth witch made the job fun to go too.
Cons: Management could have been ran a little better.
The work place was enjoyable because of the friendly people that you work around. There always positive energy in the work place. I really love that about that job.
Very nice atmosphere and nice people!
Data Steward (Intern) (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Experience in a growing field, the people, and the lunch room
Cons: I was only an intern in my senior year of high school
Get there, eat free donuts/cookies/muffins, get a cup of coffee and get to work. I learned how to use SAP and the EMR. Management is very well and in order. The co-workers were very nice and helped me when I needed it. The hardest part was fully remembering every process, but I eventually got it after a month. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the co-workers and the CIO Michael Hedges and eating in the giant lunch room.
A company in transition, trying to redefine itself in the global economy.
Principal Design Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 23, 2015
The majority of Medtronic's managers are sincere about wanting to improve the lives of customers and employees. As an employee, I really do believe that how I do my job will affect patient outcomes by improving the quality and reliability of our products. It's a good place to work.
Rewarding and Noble Career
Senior Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay and rewarding position
Cons: Long days and demanding accounts
Great company and position. Your days are filled with helping patients achieve therapeutic goals in the OR and in physician offices. Management is great, but a lot of changes in management occurred during my tenure there. The most difficult days are not relegated to missed sales quotas, but rather when optimal patient outcomes aren't achieved.
ITT (Current Employee), Fridley MNApril 19, 2015
Great place to work, with many opportunities for advancement. Variety of work day. Competitive salary, employees feel appreciated. Management supports advancement.
Very fast paced environment with a lot of responsibility.
Factory Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Compensation, responsibility
Cons: Poor executive management, little support, work life balance at the plant level is poor
At plant level the day is hectic and very tactical. Coworkers are great but people are leaving the company in droves and the company is losing a lot of talent.
Innovative, progressive, nurturing careers
Principal Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee), Moundsview, MNApril 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Medtronic CVG. The leaders communicated effectively on the direction we were going - that is always very helpful.

It is fast paced, with amazing mission statement and values system and especially attention to regulatory requirements and quality.

I have really appreciated the leaders who seem caring and pay attention to the welfare of the employees. Omar is a hit!

I want to return to Medtronic....always have since my lay off. Have taken the time to enhance my knowledge and skills.

The mission of the company speaks to my heart.

Oh, compensation is awesome. I enjoyed the bonus pay outs and it actually encouraged and inspired us to perform at higher levels. We felt that our contribution counted!

Bravo on the recent acquisition/merger. I am a stock owner.

Bring me back!!!

Obiajulu A.
Productive and Fun Workplace
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 15, 2015
A very challenge, tough but fair working environment. A very good learning environment and can also utilize all of you experience and knowledge.
Good company!
Finance Shared Services Manager (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work is full of challenges and learning opportunities, which is what I thrive on! The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the products that we products save thousands of lives each and every day. While I don't make a product, the work that I do ultimately impacts our products.
Healthy Work Environment
R&D Engineer Co-Op (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
Medtronic is a currently the leading company in medical device industry. I like working here since he work culture is good and takes very good care of employees as well as their customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more