Medtronic

Medtronic Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Program Specialist
Program Specialist - Customer Education (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked with executive leadership on a daily basis and met many people
Cons: you were on your feet all day, adjustments to the agenda we made it seemles, yet difficult at times to do, you did not have an opportunity to take lunch
There was not typical day, however, we had customers in daily. We coordinated the entire visit (International and National). Which included:

- Customizing the agenda to meet the customer needs
- Working with Sales Force over the telephone to work with and make sure that all needs for customers are met.
- Coordinated, Flights, Hotel, dinners, transportation, – more... technology that is needed for meetings and all meals and special request.
- Greeted customers and accommodated the meeting through out it entirety, which could be from 1 day - 1 week in length.
- Communicated with internal employees to make sure that we had people available to speak with our customers on our agenda items to learn about our products and therapies.
- Registered customers and all participating employees and other guest into database.
- Adjusted time of sessions, if needed and handled all other needs. – less
Comfort vs. Opportunity
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Even though all of the people I work with are wonderful, and I feel pretty secure where I am at, I think after 9 years of being in the same position, it is time to get out of my comfort zone, try something new, and meet new people! I am looking to expand my knowledge and continue to grow professionally.
Clear goals
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee), Louisville, COSeptember 11, 2014
I like start work early to get a good idea what is needed of me during the day. I've learned that I like working with Internees. There fresh take on their job help keep me on my toes and looking forward.
Medical Device Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Mounds ViewSeptember 9, 2014
Medtronic is a fine company with a generally good reputation.
Industry leading and minimal recalls
Pacemaker Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 9, 2014
This company is ahead of the rest as it developed the first pacemaker. It has a wonderful education department.
No room for advancement
StartRight Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 9, 2014
Call center job where we were to call customers to close sale of medical devices.
Great Workplace
Software Developer (Former Employee), PRSeptember 9, 2014
Great place to learn about Innovations and also to play as a Team Member.
Team member/ Line Leader's backup in EMG line (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great bonuses, free lunches, excersise time provided, trainings, etc.
Cons: no cons
Medtronic is an excellent company to work for. Typical day would be to do as best as we can to reach our daily goals which is to make 300 of EMG surgical tubes with best qualities. This goal is greatly supported by co-workers as well as management. The hardest part sometimes is to make the desired goal because of lack of materials or people. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is when the team join forces and go above and beyond desired goal. – less
Good Company
Rep (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 31, 2014
It's a good company to work for. Good people and very diverse.
Production, working eviroment and related equipments convenience
Electromechanical Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: sometime freelunch
Cons: comfortable break time. full cafeteria, ....
I work the 1st shift, My work is to open small old pumps machines and install, build a new ones in a assembly line. After, I must confident test the new ones, including pressure , parts, motor,....
I do work-hard, often I work 9 or 10 hours a day and Saturday overtime , But I love it , because it is my job, Mechanical , Ellectromechanical Assemblers.
Team Member II
Team Member II (Former Employee), Villalba,Puerto RicoAugust 26, 2014
Assembly medical equipment pieces like catheters and welding of the electric system stripes.I learned teamwork, meet customer expectations, follow processes.
Good people and good job.
Medical Device Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, good/like fellow employees.
Cons: management was not in contact.
Lots of good people to work with. Lots of information learned on job. Management was out of touch. Hardest part of job was all the road time. MY team and all the good hospital employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good place to work.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2014
Good place to work. I operate a fork lift most of the day. I am learning the distribution/ supply chain processes.
Great
Senior HR Generalist/HRBP (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 25, 2014
Great Company. Excellent Benefit Package. The opportunity to learn a lot and learn about the amazing work that the organization does for the community and those dealing with chronic diseases.
Great people to work with.
Project Coordinator III (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2014
Prepare agendas, calendar appointments for Research Team. Maintained and coordinated all training on Standard or Work Procedures for the facility. Worked with various teams on projects that needed my support.
Productive company.
Secretary (Former Employee), Milaca, MNAugust 22, 2014
Typed medical documents to build pace makers. Some filing and copying also involved.
At one time Medtronic was an exciting place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: compensation, exciting projects, very stimulating work
Cons: long hours, many expectations, significant layoffs over the past 3 years
Medtronic asked a lot of it's employees, but we were generally well compensated. There are pockets of excellence, but with all large companies there are also pockets of incompetence.
Fun workplace
Assembly in production line (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlAugust 20, 2014
Pros: decent breaks, fast paced, and great people.
Cons: compensation
Typical night shift job.
I learned how to do assembly and packaging of medical products.
Management was alright.
Co-workers were great.
Hardest part of the job was the pay rate/compensation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was working with.
Exciting place to work due to the impact one makes on People's lives
Principal Design Engineer (Lead) (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNAugust 19, 2014
Great place to work and build career with great benefits.
I work here because I know the impact my daily work makes on someones life. The company provides everyone opportunities as long as you know what you want to accomplish.
Large cooperation with many great opportunities
Administrative Asst for Collections dept (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great director to support, friendly environment, stocks, restaurant
Cons: parking lot
Everyday was different supporting the collections department. I attended all weekly meeting's with the director and handled all day to day reports. Department supplies were ordered weekly and distributed. Timesheet's from 200 plus employes were imputed and coordinated with the payroll department. Medtronic had great benefits, stocks and a friendly restaurant – more... to take a breaks and enjoy lunch with coworkers. I learned many new things especially how to handle angry customers and different personalities working with so many employees. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more