Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No benefits working through a temp service.
Assembler (Former Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 26, 2015
Cons: As a temp. we were excluded from much that they offered.
Did the jobs that were priority as they were on demand. Learned more about deburring and reading blue prints better.Management were easy and helpful as was the co- workers. Being a temp and the struggle to get full time was a discouragement. Always learning and the attitudes from most of the full time employees was a blessing.
Not a bad place to work and the work atmosphere is excellent.
Associate Contract Analysis (Current Employee), Moundsview, MNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good place to work. Time is flexible and can always make it up.
Cons: Not sure how fast you can advance
My job is to come in and sit on my desk and run report for the Contract Analysis team. Basically just look at report and update information. There will be some occasional report that I need to create from scratch using Excel. Job not bad since if I come late, I just need to stay a bit later and make those time up. My manager is cool. He don't need to micro manage you. Just make sure you get your work done.
Its close to where I leave and the type of work in fun because I can see the positive impact on patients on a daily basis.
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 18, 2015
The company is great with great products. The benefits are good and the environment is good. However recently the company have been going through a lot of changes in the management and along with that they try to change the faces and bring in new people without any knowledge of the products.

It appears that the company is not giving credit to the old timers and in any case they make them leave, or lay them off.
Medtronic
Senior Diabetes Therapy Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasAugust 13, 2015
• Act as the inside member of an integrated sales team working in partnership with field personnel to sell Insulin Pump Therapy DME(Durable Medical Equipment) to diabetic patients
• Foster Strong working relationships with external customers (Patients, Insurance Companies, and Health Care providers) in order to increase my sphere of influence and gain additional sales
• Ensure completion of needed documentation and obtain authorization for start of therapy and continuation of therapy on Medtronic Diabetes DME
• Demonstrate proven success in achieving set Monthly and Quarterly Quotas
Busy workplace with a lots of work to go around
Project Coordinator III (Former Employee), Fridley, MNAugust 9, 2015
Small group managing all suppliers for all Medtronic facilities. I learned new and more effective ways to multi task that I did not realize before. I did like the people, but there were not nearly enough for the amount of work that was assigned.
Plenty of knowledge in Medical devices technology
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Access to online courses and free software.
Cons: Long driving from my address.
Enjoyed the time in Medtronic by learning about medical device software and technical language used in this industry.
Great company to enhance your knowledge in medical device industry.
Great non-salary compensation, enormous gratification
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Great non-salary benefits
Cons: lack of vision, salary, employee engagement
Typical day at work consists of fire drills and reactionary measures. The office I am in is sales-oriented and tactical, not strategic. The management team here excels in hitting sales goals but falls short in the areas of process improvement, being proactive, and work/life balance. Project plans are generally not adhered to, scarce resources are vastly over-worked (particularly IT) and those serving in Project Manager and Sr. Project Manager roles are not compensated appropriately.

There is an unparalleled sense of satisfaction knowing that what we do extends and saves people's lives. Difficult to find that type of gratification anywhere else.
Fun place to work with opportunity for advancement
Loaner Processor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2015
Pros: They feed on various occasions gave out turkeys for Thanksgiving
This is a nice place to work for really enjoyed everything about the company work is exciting learning new things on daily basic supervisor treat you with respect can talk to them when you having problems had no complaint when I worked their
Good project and working with great people
Sr. iOS Application Developer (Current Employee), coral sea st NE , Mounds View, MN 55112August 6, 2015
I bean great working in Medtronic wt medtronic people. I am currently enjoying my work daily.

In this work process I was learned many new things in my technology and also few in medical.

I was been working in other technology other my core iOS.
Management is never satisfied and they take it out on you.
Medical Assembler (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2015
I've only been here a few months and it's already taking a toll on me.
You're busy from the moment you step in the room, and there's almost always someone from management breathing down the back of your neck just waiting for you to make a mistake.
Since I started I haven't heard a single positive thing from management. We beat our goal by over 100 parts two days in a row, and our supervisor was just – more... mad that we stopped one minute early so that the next shift could set up.
I've worked at several medical companies, and this place takes scrap more seriously than any other I've been at. For every single dropped part you have to write a card explaining why you dropped it and what actions you're going to take so it never happens again. The first week I was there I was learning a new station and scrapped two parts in one day and my supervisor pulled me aside before lunch and asked in a very serious tone, "what's with all the scrap?"
I've heard that other Medtronics are much better to work at, but this place is just miserable. – less
Fun and Productive
Material Handler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Good job experience
Cons: exhausting
It was a very good job experience where I could grow and learn new skills. Only tough part about working there is the long shift that lasts until 2 in the morning.
Unstructured
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2015
great company to work for. Other departments are better than others. A lot of micro managing. Great benefits. Try to move into different departments before leaving the company entirely.
Excellent customer service quality educataion
Senior Diabetes Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: flexible, independent
Cons: work/life balance
Medtronic is the best company I have ever worked for, flexiable time schedule, manangement opportunities, great pay and work and bonuses
Good people, poorly managed
Contracted employee (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free food for OT
Cons: Micromanaging, no performance reviews
Underpaid and undervalued. Compulsory overtime, all the time. Co-workers were awesome and very easy to get along with. Managers kept stressing productivity, but did not seem to care when top producers had genuine medical issues. Contract terms indeterminate, unclear. Little room for growth.
Great Company - Lacking as a whole
Credit Collections Clerk (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Micro-management
Great company to work for. Other departments are better than others. A lot of micro managing. Great benefits. Try to move into different departments before leaving the company entirely.
Fast pace and Focus on quality
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), North Haven, CtJuly 24, 2015
Medtronic is a highly regulated and fast pace medical device company that focuses on quality of the product to ensure patient safety and customer satisfaction. To achieve such goals, the employees are expected to follow all rules and perform at 110% on daily basis.
Good place to work and helping patients with their diabetes therapy management provides purpose.
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice facility and sufficient tools to perform job well.
Cons: Lack of time for continuing education of techs and team building activities.
I could write volumes about all the good deeds I’ve witnessed and experienced, but suffice it to say that so many people were so very helpful during my time there. I departed with a sense of accomplishment and lifelong friendships and am truly grateful for being afforded the privilege of working there.
Great for a student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Variety of assignments
Cons: low pay
It was wonderful to be able to not make a commitment to a job while I was attending school. I was able to gain a lot of experience in a wide range and variety of work environments by being sent on multiple assignments through this temporary agency.
A company in transition
Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Management is weak.
With a recent acquisition of Covidien, there is a lot of turbulence, which is to be expected when things like this happen. However, the knee jerk reactions are going to create turnover and unhappiness. It is unfortunate that a medical device company does not employ clinicians that have the credentials to run the business segments, instead they employ non-clinical people that have a successful business – more... background (not knocking their successes) that don't fully understand the business with which they are working. If the patient first mentality is to enacted, rather than espoused by the non clinical management, hire some clinical people with successful business backgrounds, that offer a nice mix to build a successful business. This could be a great transition and a great overall company. The culture is ecstatic, but the passion is dwindling with some of the irrelevant decisions that are occurring. – less
no room for growth would not suggest any one to work for the company
Fixation Technician (Former Employee), santa ana caJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay
not a good place to work, hard labor low pay unhealthy condition no room for growth.poor management, long hours unfair labor practice.

1 2 3 4 5

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more