Medpace Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and grow
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH12 January 2018
Medpace was a great place to work. My co-workers were always willing to help and my manager was fantastic. I didn’t feel like I was micro-managed in anyway. My manager made it clear that his goal was to help develop me as an HR Generalist and set aside time biweekly to achieve this. If I didn’t have to unexpectedly relocate, I believe I would have been with this company for a very long time.
Pros
Free lunches, onsite gym, laid back environment
Clinical Research Associate
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  France10 November 2017
Medpace is a place ok to work for short term. But it's almost impossible to have promotions and bonuses. Salaries are low, with no benefits. The upper management is inflexible, you can be fired at any time for no reasons, it creates difficult environment to work to. Not a place for a long term career.
Pros
ok to do training as junior
Cons
salaries low, no bonuses, very difficult to get promotions.
Deceitful from the start
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH30 September 2017
They hired a ton of CRAs, telling us that we would be done with training in 6 months and then would be regularly traveling and assigned to studies. I've worked there over a year and none of that was true. Training lasted almost 9 months and I still have not been assigned a study. They use CRAs as interns, giving us small boring tasks that were meant for interns to do. It doesn't help that they fire the CRAs like crazy and for little to no reason.
Pros
free lunches, drinks, gym
Cons
Bad upper management, deceitful, fear-stricken work place
The manger was very nasty and rude in Texas
CRA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX27 September 2017
Few in from the east cost to Texas for an interview. The interviewing manger was nasty and rude. She was not very welcoming and even if I was offered and position I would not stay with that company. Very cut throat company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Free Lunch, cold salad
Accountant (Accounts (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH23 August 2017
Good work life balance, managers are friend but geared toward the good ole boys club. Felt like the company kept secrets, was not inclusive to women, geared more toward hiring of friends.
Pros
401K, Free Lunch, New Building
Cons
Far Drive, Bad Neighborhood
Very busy, stressful environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH30 July 2017
once given assignments, you are thrown into things without a lot of direction and everything is expected to be done yesterday. Overall the people try to be helpful and everyone is pretty nice. The expectations are really high, which is fine but there needs to be a better training program for the project coordinators. The work load between various positions seems to be very unbalanced. There are people who are sitting around not doing much while other people are working 12 hour days.
Pros
free lunch, gym on site, food trucks on site regularly
Cons
too much work for not enough people
Stay Away
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 July 2017
If you have common sense, do not apply for any position at Medpace! They have no work-life balance and offer a very low pay. Do your research before you accept any offer!
Great workplace for students who are pursuing a degree.
Intern in the Clinical Pharmacology Unit (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH9 July 2017
A typical work day consists of many different tasks, I learned how to best manage my time in the CPU. I perform vital signs and feed the volunteers meals during the day. I have learned better ways to interact with people during my time at Medpace. There is a lot of days where we have down time, however some days can be very hectic where we barely get a break. I really enjoy the people I work with and the volunteers who participate in the studies.
Pros
Free lunch during the week, staff
Cons
Mandatory 30 minute breaks
Great place to start your career
Statistical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH11 June 2017
Medpace is a great place to work if you are early in your career. They are expanding rapidly and are willing to offer frequent raises and promotions to keep you. But the pay starts off at the very low end of what you might expect, so even with frequent pay increases, it still takes several years to get up into the range of what you are worth. As a result, there tends to be high turnover in some departments as people leave for better paying positions elsewhere. However, the people are nice, and more than willing to teach you and mentor you as you learn and develop new skills. They have some issues with insufficient number of parking spots to keep up with all of the new hires, and we are rearranging cubicles every few months to accommodate the new folks, but they are in the process of constructing a new building with more parking and more office space, so hopefully these are temporary issues. They have an on-site cafeteria with free lunch offered every day and an on-site gym available to anyone who wants to use it. There are also weekly fitness classes (Zumba, yoga, etc) for employees.
Pros
Free Lunch, fitness center, friendly people
Cons
401k matching doesn't vest until you've been there 3 years, no work-from-home option
Some bells and whistles, but just another CRO
Senior Clinical Trial Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH27 April 2017
The much-touted firewall between the project teams and the bean counters does not insulate the staff from budget concerns, but it does make resource planning nearly non-existent. If you show any ability, you'll find yourself over-assigned - rapidly. Baiting and switching in proposals is rampant. To leave, you'll have to go back to the clinic, because the no-compete is tough.

Don't burn any bridges to come to Medpace.
Pros
Free Salad, great gym, nice office, lovely cars in the visitor's spaces
Cons
no working from home, entrenched, senior management with no incentive to improve
Good short term position
Account Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH22 March 2017
Medpace is a good place to work for short term. Very hard to advance and upper management makes very unique choices. Not a place for a long term career.
Terrible management with a sad culture of fear
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH16 March 2017
Medpace has a training program for CRAs. Unfortunately, they will fire you if you do not do well...no second chances or real "training" to improve or learn. Even if you do make it through the training, the management is free to fire you at will for any reason, including just not liking you, no matter how good your performance is. It creates a culture of fear to do anything because you just don't know who will get upset at what next.
Pros
Free lunches, on-site gym
Cons
expensive healthcare options, poor management, sad culture of fear
Wasn't the Right Company for Me
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH10 March 2017
Medpace has great benefits and opportunity to rise up in the company ranks but the micromanagement and unclear expectations make the office environment negative. I was constantly stressed and felt uncomfortable around management. Th
Pros
free lunches, fellow employees are great
Cons
Management, negative working environment
Management is only worried about saving a buck and their own hides
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH6 March 2017
I would not recommend working at this CRO as they have over-hired the CRA role and are now cutting tons of CRAs who have completed training. Now that the company is public they only focus on the bottom line. They micromanage everything and constantly hover over you to ensure you are on topic.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
higher work load than other companies, micromanaged to death
Most corrupt and abusive place I have ever worked in my life.
Analytical Chemistry Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 February 2017
The staff of the department I worked in never exceeded 20 people. During the three years I worked there there were eight people fired to cover up criminal activity of the department director. This was done with the knowledge and assistance of the companies owner .
Healthy Lunch is provided everyday
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH8 February 2017
High growth company-experiencing the challenges that companies in growth mode must work through-hiring employees, finding the right employees, keeping up with IT demands, space issues, parking issues
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
high deductible health care
Inflexible
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris4 February 2017
communication could improve, mindset needs to change, controlled by those who are inthe positions for long.not open to ideas.
Pros
Cons
No communication
Horrible Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH11 January 2017
Terrible Management. Immature management. No opportunities fro advancement. The culture is terrible. Do not work here. No training.
Love it
Senior Data Assistant/Senior Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH25 August 2016
Absolutely loved Medpace!! One of the best companies to work for. Free lunch, good benefits, great people and work environment. Ability to advance your career if you wanted to.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Paid once a month
Good work place
Statistical Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH20 July 2016
It is a very good academic to work at. I did learn a lot of stuff there. All the people are just nice and prefessional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medpace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5