Medpace Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 July 2017
If you have common sense, do not apply for any position at Medpace! They have no work-life balance and offer a very low pay. Do your research before you accept any offer!
Great workplace for students who are pursuing a degree.
Intern in the Clinical Pharmacology Unit (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH9 July 2017
A typical work day consists of many different tasks, I learned how to best manage my time in the CPU. I perform vital signs and feed the volunteers meals during the day. I have learned better ways to interact with people during my time at Medpace. There is a lot of days where we have down time, however some days can be very hectic where we barely get a break. I really enjoy the people I work with and the volunteers who participate in the studies.
Pros
Free lunch during the week, staff
Cons
Mandatory 30 minute breaks
Great place to start your career
Statistical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH11 June 2017
Medpace is a great place to work if you are early in your career. They are expanding rapidly and are willing to offer frequent raises and promotions to keep you. But the pay starts off at the very low end of what you might expect, so even with frequent pay increases, it still takes several years to get up into the range of what you are worth. As a result, there tends to be high turnover in some departments as people leave for better paying positions elsewhere. However, the people are nice, and more than willing to teach you and mentor you as you learn and develop new skills. They have some issues with insufficient number of parking spots to keep up with all of the new hires, and we are rearranging cubicles every few months to accommodate the new folks, but they are in the process of constructing a new building with more parking and more office space, so hopefully these are temporary issues. They have an on-site cafeteria with free lunch offered every day and an on-site gym available to anyone who wants to use it. There are also weekly fitness classes (Zumba, yoga, etc) for employees.
Pros
Free Lunch, fitness center, friendly people
Cons
401k matching doesn't vest until you've been there 3 years, no work-from-home option
Some bells and whistles, but just another CRO
Senior Clinical Trial Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH27 April 2017
The much-touted firewall between the project teams and the bean counters does not insulate the staff from budget concerns, but it does make resource planning nearly non-existent. If you show any ability, you'll find yourself over-assigned - rapidly. Baiting and switching in proposals is rampant. To leave, you'll have to go back to the clinic, because the no-compete is tough.

Don't burn any bridges to come to Medpace.
Pros
Free Salad, great gym, nice office, lovely cars in the visitor's spaces
Cons
no working from home, entrenched, senior management with no incentive to improve
Good short term position
Account Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH22 March 2017
Medpace is a good place to work for short term. Very hard to advance and upper management makes very unique choices. Not a place for a long term career.
Terrible management with a sad culture of fear
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH16 March 2017
Medpace has a training program for CRAs. Unfortunately, they will fire you if you do not do well...no second chances or real "training" to improve or learn. Even if you do make it through the training, the management is free to fire you at will for any reason, including just not liking you, no matter how good your performance is. It creates a culture of fear to do anything because you just don't know who will get upset at what next.
Pros
Free lunches, on-site gym
Cons
expensive healthcare options, poor management, sad culture of fear
Wasn't the Right Company for Me
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH10 March 2017
Medpace has great benefits and opportunity to rise up in the company ranks but the micromanagement and unclear expectations make the office environment negative. I was constantly stressed and felt uncomfortable around management. Th
Pros
free lunches, fellow employees are great
Cons
Management, negative working environment
Management is only worried about saving a buck and their own hides
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH6 March 2017
I would not recommend working at this CRO as they have over-hired the CRA role and are now cutting tons of CRAs who have completed training. Now that the company is public they only focus on the bottom line. They micromanage everything and constantly hover over you to ensure you are on topic.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
higher work load than other companies, micromanaged to death
Most corrupt and abusive place I have ever worked in my life.
Analytical Chemistry Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 February 2017
The staff of the department I worked in never exceeded 20 people. During the three years I worked there there were eight people fired to cover up criminal activity of the department director. This was done with the knowledge and assistance of the companies owner .
Healthy Lunch is provided everyday
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH8 February 2017
High growth company-experiencing the challenges that companies in growth mode must work through-hiring employees, finding the right employees, keeping up with IT demands, space issues, parking issues
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
high deductible health care
Inflexible
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris4 February 2017
communication could improve, mindset needs to change, controlled by those who are inthe positions for long.not open to ideas.
Pros
Cons
No communication
Horrible Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH11 January 2017
Terrible Management. Immature management. No opportunities fro advancement. The culture is terrible. Do not work here. No training.
Love it
Senior Data Assistant/Senior Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH25 August 2016
Absolutely loved Medpace!! One of the best companies to work for. Free lunch, good benefits, great people and work environment. Ability to advance your career if you wanted to.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Paid once a month
Good work place
Statistical Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH20 July 2016
It is a very good academic to work at. I did learn a lot of stuff there. All the people are just nice and prefessional.
Positive and upbeat work environment.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH14 July 2016
Great place to work. Enjoyed my co-workers and the direction the company is headed. Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing friends. The hardest part was having to say good bye.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gym
productive and fun place to work
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX5 July 2016
the training program is really good. they teach from scratch. There is noting you wont like in this company.If you like the travel and clinical research then this is the place for you.
Pros
very good culture, training is excellent
Cons
too much travel
Medical Devices
CSA (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MN16 June 2016
Fully understanding and agreeing with most of the reviews for the Cincinatti office, medical devices in MN is very different. Great senior management (we had very little interaction with upper management in HQ), nice co-workers, and feeling like you're cared for as an employee. No free lunches like Cincinnati and the "gym" is a joke, but I'll trade those for good management any day. They claim salaries are competitive, but I left and received almost a 50% increase in salary. Upper management starting to work their way into this office, but seemed minimal.
Pros
Great senior management
Cons
Low salaries, old office equipment (not ergonomical at all), no free lunch like HQ
Awful place to work
Clinical Safety (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH14 June 2016
Interviews are misleading. They stress the job perks like free lunch and onsite gym. The work is repetitive and boring not exciting and challenging like they claimed.

The schedule isn't flexible in this department. I put in a vacation day request weeks in advance and my manager chose to ignore it despite me asking several time in person and email. I did not get the day off even though no one else was off that day.

Be prepared to work 50% of the day and search the Internet the other part. No matter how much I ask for additional work and responsibilities management doesn't have it to give. Management is passive aggressive. Don't try to bring any new ideas to the table or you will face consequences.

This is NOT the job for you if:
If you enjoy going to work and actually having work to do.
If you want a flexible schedule and a great management team.
If you enjoy being creative and having actual ideas of your own.

This is the job for you if:
You want mindless work of copy and pasting text all day with a free midday lunch.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work atmosphere, worthless management
Worst experience ever
Regulatory (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH23 January 2016
Upper management only want "yes men" and if you have ideas of your own you are punished or even fired with no explanation whatsoever. HR is completely useless. Nepotism is rampant, especially in upper management. Hostile work environment within Clinical Operations.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Extremely dysfunctional management, no HR support, nepotism
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH24 September 2015
Would recommend this company. it s a great place to work and lots of room for advancement. The culture is good and the management team is made up of caring people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medpace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5