Eastwood Pharmacy is looking to fill one (1) full time pharmacist position. We are located in Edmonton, Alberta. Wage will depend on level of qualifications but will range from $35 to $45 per hour.
As a community pharmacist, job duties may include:
- Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities of drugs and other ingredients required and filling appropriate containers with correct quantity.
- Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication.
- Maintain medication profiles of customers including registry of poisons and narcotic and controlled drugs.
- Check prescriptions for proper dosage.
- Researching and adapting pharmaceutical formulae pursuant to patient prescriptions for appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage.
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, serums, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Order and maintain stock of pharmaceutical supplies.
- May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and other staff.
Experience and education:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy OR
- An equivalent foreign program.
- Licensed as a pharmacist or looking for practical training to become licensed.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -