Medicine Shoppe Employee Reviews

Retail Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Medicine Shoppe Canada is a great company to work for and an ideal place to build your skillset. The management is very supportive and there are numerous resources to assist in your daily tasks.
Wonderful Office Culture
Franchise Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Medicine Shoppe for nine years. My colleagues were wonderful people, and my manager was just pleasure to work with. Everyone worked hard and we worked well together.
Pros
Office Culture
Cons
Significant organizational changes from the Corporate entity, McKesson Canada
Review of Working in and Out at Medicine shoppe
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  5177 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N 5P527 June 2017
Medicine shoppe pharmacy is a very friendly place to work, and all of your tasks are given to you in a neat and orderly fashion. The pharmacy is tidy, and even though it may seem small on the outside it is spacious. The work conditions are amazing and the manager is very kind. I truly recommend a job here.
Nice place to work.
Full-cycle bookkeeping (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 June 2017
Working relationship with owners is good. They are very considerate of employees' personal concerns. They listen to our problems and help us as much as they can. They also listen to our suggestions, be it personal or work-related.
Pros
Very nice relationship with owners and co-workers
Cons
Wages not commensurate to industry level.
Drama is abundant here
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 June 2017
The owners like to act as if they are children in the sandbox. They fight over employees to join their side and get mad and vindictive if you don't play into their drama. They think they are better than anyone and everyone and like to rub it in their employees faces. Not a fun place to be.
Pros
Christmas parties were fancy
Cons
good
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
Good company but I am looking for different experience and challenging to build up my career and professional part to extend my career opportunities to get more hours and higher rate especially in this time when the competition is very high among the pharmacist
lots to learn
assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton29 May 2017
typical day at work, lots to do from sun up to sun down, short break time (lunch), the most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers who treat you like a family.
Pros
co-workers are fun to be with
productive and busy phamacy
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
Depending on clients/patients this location where I was employed was quite the busy pharmacy. we completed daily average of 250+ precriptions. Also these are franchises meaning that they are privately owned,my boss in particular was an amazing employer, he was very accomdative and caring for his employees.
Pros
friendly managment, weekly lunches and rewards
Cons
hour of operation are quite extensive
Great business
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
very hectic environment for a lower pay. Owner was ok to work with but did do some illegal stuff on the side forging documents.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
Amazing experience, but boring.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
Amazing experience working there and learning new things, but the boss and owner of the store was very rude, always blaming everyone but herself when something wrong happened. Would regularly do nothing and expect everyone else to do everything for her. Also wasn't the cleanest work space, and pay and hours weren't worth going into work anymore.
Very good place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON2 December 2016
It is a good job for a pharmacist. Good working team very collaborated and work together with a team spirit. Good contact with patient, learning how to deal with problem and how to handle it.
Pros
Good place for a pharmacist
Cons
High responsibility
good work place all members are working in good manner and help each other
Volunteer Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 November 2016
Our manager is a good personality, she tried to help any new one. all member are working together in a harmony especially when there is a lot of works. we receive prescription, prepare it then I check the medication and counsel the patient,
Great learning experiance under a competant Pharmacist.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 October 2016
- Worked as part time, from 12 noon to 5 pm.
- First experience of job and learned all the responsibilities of a pharmacy assistant.
- Great management, all duties and responsibilities were professionally defined and executed.
- Co-workers were co-operative and excellent relationship developed.
- To deal with customer / Patient with impaired understanding was the hardest part.
- Learning new things everyday and then completing the tasks with that knowledge was most enjoyable and satisfactory part of the job.
Pros
Got confidence and learned job environment.
Cons
Job hours.
Team approach and multidisciplinary care for patients
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS29 September 2016
The location I work at has an amazing team of employees that work together as one to provide the best possible care to each of its clients. They provide clinic days that are run by either a pharmacist or a nurse that offers the above and beyond care to optimally manage our patients health
I was only there on contract and there was no chance of renewal
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 September 2016
It was a great experience, for me but I was only there to fill in for someone who was on mat leave so unfortunately I could not renew my contract.
Pros
great people
Cons
only contract
Fast paced environment with great co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
I loved working at The Medicine Shoppe! It has a small pharmacy feel, and patients love dealing with small pharmacies. The Medicine Shoppe is the one of the best pharmacies to work for!
Fun, rewarding place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 August 2016
Management was interesting, however the knowledge gained, and practical skills that were taught and practiced there will last you a lifetime. Everyday, customers come in and the entire pharmacy contributes as a family.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Inconsistent paychecks
Fun and small place to be
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2016
staff were happy and great to be around
small area to work in, good hours and good pay
Management knew how to be friendly but knew how to be serious
hardest part was trying to get so many meds together in short period of time
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
not bad
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 December 2015
not a bad place but work culture is not as great. The business is individually owned and the owners control everything so they don't offer, in a lot of cases, the owners are not very descent
A day in Nursing
o Pharmacy billings clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 September 2015
Practical Nurse career is about the tasks that needs to be prioritized.

I do organize my day thoroughly in order to accomplish my goals for the day and in the same time to offer maximum care to my clients.

I am fully aware about my role and my responsibility when I provide care to my patients and I do believe in team work and the respect we show to our peers shows that we respect our job and ourselves.
Pros
Lunches with co-workers, potluck and activities we can all enjoy on breaks or in our free time.
Cons
Double shifts and short staff