MEDICINE SHOPPE PHARMACY

MEDICINE SHOPPE PHARMACY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A close knit, like family working environment.
Pharmacy Technician/Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fast paced, great teamwork
Every day you work with personable Pharmacists and Technicians that strive to do their best, and enjoy the challenge of diverse clientel. Even on the worst day, the collective of co workers boosts your morale.
Productive and memorable
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Milton,OntarioJanuary 1, 2014
Hi,
Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy is the first place from where I started my career. I finished my school and as a co-op, I joined medicine shoppe. The pharmacist and owner is same and he is very kind in nature. He is always aware me if I am doing mistake and he always teach proper method of compounding of various medicine and dispensing of prescriptions. – more... I am working since last one and half year and I worked with few technicians in Pharmacy. All the staff is co-operative.

At the time when I joined the pharmacy I have only books knowledge. But after one and half year I got enough experience and exposure in field of dispensing and billing of prescriptions. Pharmacy is busy on clinic days. Sometimes on same day we were getting more compounding prescriptions and it was the hard time .

One day I was working with relief pharmacist and suddenly power out in pharmacy because of bad weather. Without the lights me and relief pharmacist dispensed the methadone to the patients.

I like to compound the medicines and i really enjoyed a lot in medicine shoppe pharmacy whenever I was compound some suppository , suspension or cream.

I am very thankful to the owner and staff that they taught me various dispensing and practical points. They support me and they gave me an opportunity to join their pharmacy team. – less
This is a wonderful place
Immunizing Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Springboro, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Everyone is amazing here. i learned a lot about teamwork. they really take care of you
great place
Immunizing Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Springboro, OHJune 11, 2014
The staff is amazing and they are a great place to work. great hours
productive
store manager (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 2, 2014
Cons: long hours
store manger
pharmacist,assistant pharmacist,optical supervisor
excellent location
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2013
Pros: excellent hours/location
Cons: slow paced
Medicine Shoppe provided hands on experience and learning.
great hours, pay, benefits
Co-manager for a time (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2013
Enjoyed my 12+ years working there. Was co-manager for a time. I love meeting and interacting with customers. I made many lasting relationships. I helped select a new computer system. I selected and oversaw an automated inventory system reducing inventory by 20%. It was very hard to resign, but it was time for a change. I would enjoy a fresh, new experience!
Best position I ever had
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New cumberland paOctober 29, 2013
Made many friends, my immediate supervisor was incredible. I learned in 7 years a great deal about pharmacy and being a technician. Customer service is my forte and have been doing this for 25+ years;enjoyed the senior citizens with their problems and concerns.
Manager
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Whiting, NJOctober 21, 2013
• Performed quality assurance checks as required and labeled prescription vials, including attaching appropriate auxiliary labels.
• Answered telephone in pharmacy and responded to customer requests which did not require professional judgment or expertise of Pharmacist.
• Maintained confidential information and documentation as required.
Great place and great personalities
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Maumelle, AROctober 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at the Medicine Shoppe would consist of filling prescriptions for customers and giving the utmost attention if they had any questions or concerns.
What I learned there was how to interact with customers and how to counsel them on medications or over the counter items they had questions about.
My coworkers are great. They were all younger – more... and full of life. It was never a dull day. They were all very hard workers, too.
The hardest part of the job was the customers. Sometimes they were hard to handle and stubborn.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the hours; my boss was very good with working with my school schedule. – less
Productive workplace.
Pharmacy Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Rocky River, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: nice work enviroment.
Cons: sometimes asked to stay after closing without compensation of time.
A typical day of work consisted of stocking the pharmacy shelves with the appropriate products. Helping the pharmacist in counting and filling prescription bottles. Also delivering the medications to three area nursing homes. Customer service and ordering of supplies for pharmacy and office as needed.
Environment not comfortable to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Shelton, CTAugust 29, 2013
Cons: owners not friendly
Set up computers process and print out all prescription's from over night that morning. Take in any new prescriptions type and fill and wait on customers. Talking with doctor's offices on incoming prescription's . Customer service is a job in its self that requires a lot of patient and courtesy. Figuring out insurance issues and making the customer – more... happy. Answering phones and helping solve problems is also an important part of day. Hardest part of the job is when a customer is rude and insulting and trying to keep them calm and resolve all of there issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people on a daily basis who you know and who you became to know and having a nice conversation with them. Making the customer smile and is pleased with your job – less
A wonderful throwback of a pharmacy with a genuine sense of community
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Park Ridge, ILMay 7, 2013
Pros: relaxed but professional work environment
When you walk into the Medicine Shoppe you can feel a nostalgia for the time of the corner drugstore. Not only are the employees sincerely enthusiastic to be there and exceptionally friendly with the patients, but the patients themselves warmly receive the welcoming atmosphere and professionalism. The Medicine Shoppe serves all patient medication needs, – more... as well as those for durable goods and specialty compound medications. The entire staff and ownership demonstrate the highest level of knowledge and professionalism, and make it a pleasure to be there, both as an employee and as a patient. – less
Enjoyed the hours, couldn't be better!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New Cumberland PAApril 19, 2013
I had, in the beginning, a wonderful group of people as co-workers. Our customer base was incredible, I enjoyed the time we shared, and I'm sure the would say the same about me!
This is a great pharmacy to work for as well as to be a customer
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: small pharmacy and you get to know all customers and their families
Cons: not much room for advancement since the pharmacy is so small
This is an exciting place to be where you can work one on one with customers.
My Charity Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New Castle, PADecember 15, 2012
• The Modern Matchmaker sponsored and attended a fundraiser for “Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest” candidate Anthony Ventura ~ which was a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (July 2012).
• Volunteer for the Primary Health Network Charitable Foundation’s “Snowball Crawl 3” (February 2011).
• Marketed area businesses to raise donations for the ADA Step – more... Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes (September 2010).
• Chairperson for the 3 Decades ~ Dance Against Diabetes fundraiser for my team that participated in the Fall 2010 American Diabetes Association’s Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes (April 2010). – less
I enjoyed this job very much.
Clerk (Former Employee), Great Bend, KSAugust 15, 2012
Pros: i was fest trusted working with confidential information
Cons: i often had to do the jobs others did not want to do.
I enjoyed working with people who were all at least 20 years older than me. They taught me alot about being professional, and working as a team. I also learned to use mulitple phone lines, and take reorders for medication. The hardest part of the job was being the youngest worker and sometimes feeling like I was not doing as well as others, and the – more... best part was being the youngest worker and learning so much. – less
Very limited security but very flexible with hours.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no lunch beaks
It was an drastic experience but I appreciate all that I've learned there.

About MEDICINE SHOPPE PHARMACY

The Medicine Shoppe is committed to helping you meet your goal of staying healthy. We offer FREE Blood Pressure Screenings the – Read more