MEDICINE SHOPPE PHARMACY Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun and small place to be
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2016
staff were happy and great to be around
small area to work in, good hours and good pay
Management knew how to be friendly but knew how to be serious
hardest part was trying to get so many meds together in short period of time
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
A day in Nursing
o Pharmacy billings clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Practical Nurse career is about the tasks that needs to be prioritized.

I do organize my day thoroughly in order to accomplish my goals for the day and in the same time to offer maximum care to my clients.

I am fully aware about my role and my responsibility when I provide care to my patients and I do believe in team work and the respect we show to our peers shows that we respect our job and ourselves.
Pros
Lunches with co-workers, potluck and activities we can all enjoy on breaks or in our free time.
Cons
Double shifts and short staff
Best job I ever had.
Pharmacy Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 1, 2015
They were like a family to me, taught me everything I know about pharmacy, and were just a fabulous bunch of people to work with every day.
new system
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCJanuary 28, 2015
Very busy pharmacy, I have a lot of job to do there, starting from the compounding
Manager is very nice
Loved working in very professional environment and highly qualified helpful staff
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver,BCMarch 5, 2014
My everyday activities included almost all the aspects of pharmacy like counselling patients on prescription and non-prescription medications, gathering relevant information and filling prescription using software, Medication Reviews, adaptation of prescription etc.
Co-workers were very helpful and always ready to teach.
A close knit, like family working environment.
Pharmacy Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
Every day you work with personable Pharmacists and Technicians that strive to do their best, and enjoy the challenge of diverse clientel. Even on the worst day, the collective of co workers boosts your morale.
Pros
fast paced, great teamwork
Productive and memorable
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Milton,OntarioJanuary 1, 2014
Hi,
Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy is the first place from where I started my career. I finished my school and as a co-op, I joined medicine shoppe. The pharmacist and owner is same and he is very kind in nature. He is always aware me if I am doing mistake and he always teach proper method of compounding of various medicine and dispensing of prescriptions. I am working since last one and half year and I worked with few technicians in Pharmacy. All the staff is co-operative.

At the time when I joined the pharmacy I have only books knowledge. But after one and half year I got enough experience and exposure in field of dispensing and billing of prescriptions. Pharmacy is busy on clinic days. Sometimes on same day we were getting more compounding prescriptions and it was the hard time .

One day I was working with relief pharmacist and suddenly power out in pharmacy because of bad weather. Without the lights me and relief pharmacist dispensed the methadone to the patients.

I like to compound the medicines and i really enjoyed a lot in medicine shoppe pharmacy whenever I was compound some suppository , suspension or cream.

I am very thankful to the owner and staff that they taught me various dispensing and practical points. They support me and they gave me an opportunity to join their pharmacy team.