MEDICINE SHOPPE PHARMACY Employee Reviews

Fun and small place to be
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2016
staff were happy and great to be around
small area to work in, good hours and good pay
Management knew how to be friendly but knew how to be serious
hardest part was trying to get so many meds together in short period of time
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
Fun, rewarding place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 August 2016
Management was interesting, however the knowledge gained, and practical skills that were taught and practiced there will last you a lifetime. Everyday, customers come in and the entire pharmacy contributes as a family.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Inconsistent paychecks
Team approach and multidisciplinary care for patients
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS29 September 2016
The location I work at has an amazing team of employees that work together as one to provide the best possible care to each of its clients. They provide clinic days that are run by either a pharmacist or a nurse that offers the above and beyond care to optimally manage our patients health
good work place all members are working in good manner and help each other
Volunteer Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 November 2016
Our manager is a good personality, she tried to help any new one. all member are working together in a harmony especially when there is a lot of works. we receive prescription, prepare it then I check the medication and counsel the patient,
A day in Nursing
o Pharmacy billings clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 September 2015
Practical Nurse career is about the tasks that needs to be prioritized.

I do organize my day thoroughly in order to accomplish my goals for the day and in the same time to offer maximum care to my clients.

I am fully aware about my role and my responsibility when I provide care to my patients and I do believe in team work and the respect we show to our peers shows that we respect our job and ourselves.
Pros
Lunches with co-workers, potluck and activities we can all enjoy on breaks or in our free time.
Cons
Double shifts and short staff
Productive and memorable
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Milton,Ontario1 January 2014
Hi,
Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy is the first place from where I started my career. I finished my school and as a co-op, I joined medicine shoppe. The pharmacist and owner is same and he is very kind in nature. He is always aware me if I am doing mistake and he always teach proper method of compounding of various medicine and dispensing of prescriptions. I am working since last one and half year and I worked with few technicians in Pharmacy. All the staff is co-operative.

At the time when I joined the pharmacy I have only books knowledge. But after one and half year I got enough experience and exposure in field of dispensing and billing of prescriptions. Pharmacy is busy on clinic days. Sometimes on same day we were getting more compounding prescriptions and it was the hard time .

One day I was working with relief pharmacist and suddenly power out in pharmacy because of bad weather. Without the lights me and relief pharmacist dispensed the methadone to the patients.

I like to compound the medicines and i really enjoyed a lot in medicine shoppe pharmacy whenever I was compound some suppository , suspension or cream.

I am very thankful to the owner and staff that they taught me various dispensing and practical points. They support me and they gave me an opportunity to join their pharmacy team.
Loved working in very professional environment and highly qualified helpful staff
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver,BC5 March 2014
My everyday activities included almost all the aspects of pharmacy like counselling patients on prescription and non-prescription medications, gathering relevant information and filling prescription using software, Medication Reviews, adaptation of prescription etc.
Co-workers were very helpful and always ready to teach.
A close knit, like family working environment.
Pharmacy Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2014
Every day you work with personable Pharmacists and Technicians that strive to do their best, and enjoy the challenge of diverse clientel. Even on the worst day, the collective of co workers boosts your morale.
Pros
Fast paced, Great teamwork
Best job I ever had.
Pharmacy Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2015
They were like a family to me, taught me everything I know about pharmacy, and were just a fabulous bunch of people to work with every day.
new system
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC28 January 2015
Very busy pharmacy, I have a lot of job to do there, starting from the compounding
Manager is very nice