Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

i still have not been paid. do not work for this company BEWARE..
CNA (Former Employee) –  holt, michiganMarch 18, 2015
I worked as a CNA out of the Lansing Michigan branch. I worked 4 days and only paid for 2,
Corporate called me 3 times last Friday and told me a LIVE CHECK was mailed on 3/11/15.
Today is 3/18/15 and still no check. I filed a complaint with the EEOC and the States attorney generals office. This place sends you to work in the most gid awful places that have employees who do jot use 2 people for hoyer lufts or i dpshould say they wont help you at all.

do not work for this place. The field office manager Melussa Lucerno blew my phone up allday after I worked midnight shift and was trying to sleep. I had to block all the phone numbers.
Pros
not one
Cons
horrible management
love my recruriter
Travel IHC Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 30, 2015
This is an awesome company to work for I would recommend anyone who is welling to travel to try this agency first they are very good to their people and very heart warming, caring for their employees. They go above and beyond for us.
st joe
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2015
The work day was pretty typical with out many complaints. It was a good learning experience and it is a good place for someone to become a better nurse.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
high work load
RN and LPN (Current Employee) –  NPR FLOctober 15, 2015
Provided Nursing care as both an RN and LPN at multiple facilities including, Bayfront Hospital and Kindred Hospital, both with multiple locations in the Tampa Bay/St Pete area. I’m experienced with patient education and teaching. I’ve administered medication and treatments as prescribed by the healthcare provider. I’ve assisted Physicians with multiple procedures including tracheostomy, CVL, PEG placements, and wound debridement, colonoscopy, and bronchoscopy. Proficient in performing care for ventilated patients including suctioning and tracheostomy care. Experienced with urostomy care, colostomy care, end of life care, PEG care, NG tube insertion and care, maintenance of Central Venous Lines. Obtaining lab specimens including: stool, urine, blood, Wound cultures, and sputum. Performed new patient admissions and discharges. Interviewed patients obtaining social history, health history, and current health status including recent, current, and past medications taken. Very experienced in wound care including dressing changes, wound vacs, and negative pressure wound systems. Monitored patients requiring physical restraints. Monitored patients vital signs and treated according to prescribed parameters. Assisted with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene. Repositioned patients maintaining turning schedule and assisted with ambulating. Experienced with BLS and ACLS during any Code Blues and/or Rapid Responses. Provided total patient care for multiple patients both individually, and as a team while working with other coworkers to complete nursing tasks for all patients in the unit  more... I was working.  less
Not a good place to work at
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2015
Mufti-tasking, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Judgment, Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
Enjoyable job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2015
Medical Staffing Network is a good company, they sent you to WakeMed to help assist them with suicidal and mental illness patients. We have to make sure they do no harm to themselves nor other, chart their behaviors, make sure the environment is safe and clean.
Awesome Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 6, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for MSN. They give a unique opportunity to staff numerous facilities in the Treasure Valley. Management is very knowledgeable and approachable.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
unsteady hours
Okay work place with lateral movement
operations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 11, 2014
The people working there are friendly and management is , for the most part. No raises given.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!
Per Diem RN (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILApril 9, 2013
I have been with MSN as a RN for many years.

This nursing agency has been very faithful in obtaining short-term nursing assignments as well as travel assignments on a consistent basis.

Great work-life balance, great assignments & great $$$$.
Pros
flexibility, contract work availability, great management team
Cons
health care insurance, cancellations (infrequent)
Flexible to meet your schedule needs
Agency Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 22, 2015
Staff attempt to fill your days you are available to work for agency.
You can get direct deposit in 1-2 days. Friendly staff.
Prompt on returning your calls
Flexibile
CNA (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2015
A nice company to work for with a great office team. Everyone is nice and they always try to meet your hours of availability by assigning you to a case. One of the best things about MSN is the flexibility and the option to get next day pay. I truly enjoy working for them:)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Shift cancellations
Able to work around your schedule
Floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 27, 2015
This is an agency that allows you to pick and choose where and when you want to work. The call center is very friendly and helpful in finding you extra shifts to work.
Pros
Work as little or as much as you like.
Cons
Often have to travel quite some distance to pick up shifts.
Work here if you just need to make a lot of money and don't need to have great insurance or PTO time.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  East York, PAMay 7, 2014
Typical day at work depends on the facility you are staffing. Management is not supportive at either the local branch level or the corporate level.
Pros
salary
Cons
unable to work the schedule you want, which is basically the biggest perk to working agency
Good Medical Staffing Company
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2014
Love what I do. Company has it's ups and downs. Would be better if the company had more opportunities for advancement and better compensation plans.
It was after my mother passed in my apartment and I needed a change
Agency RN (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 11, 2014
I lived with my sister. Found the travel place locally. they promised me the world as they always do but i ended up in a daily ruin motel. The job was great, i wa reextending until I got into a situation I never had before. A patient offered me one hundred dollars and I refused, nurses dont take tips. Later after her discharge I found it in my jacket pocket. It was busy so i slipped it in my locker with the intention of telling the day charge nurse. I forgot, went home, and was called by in because the patient came back saying that i promised to "deliver her baby" for one hundred dollars. I refused, explained my side and took my manager to the locker I rarely used and showed her the money. She fired me on the spot. My handler, told me that until this problem was resolved I could stay in the hotel room. And I did, until I was accused of using the agecies money to stay as long as I wanted.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
i know now that whatever weird happens to talk to the supervisor stat to save my biscuits.
Not enough job opening for X-Ray
Contracted X-Ray Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
a typical day for a contracted worker is to wait for a call and hope that they have something for you.

what I have learned is that there aren't a lot of job for x-ray in the surrounding areas of Chicago

Management is ok. They have a pool of workers and they try and match up the job with experience level of the worker

the one co-worker I met was ok. She was also a x-ray tech helping out.

the hardest part about the job is waiting for that call to work. business is slow so far and Ive been here since Jan. 14

enjoyable part about the job is the flexible nature of the work. you can work anywhere
Pros
able to work anywhere
Cons
waiting for a call
Good learning opportunity
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 14, 2015
MSN was a good company and the pay was great. I want able to stay long because I needed a more consistent paycheck.. I would often be canceled -- not so good for making plans or paying bills. Supportive team, though.
Great company to work
Staffing Manager, HR and Credentialer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2015
Clean, friendly work enviroment.

I learned about volume and regulations

Managment is always eager to offer adive and assist as needed.

Co-workers are also earger to offer help to each other for the better of the branch.

Wanting to help and not having enough people to offer.

The ability to use my multitasking ability and allowed to show my skills
Pros
companys eviroment
Cons
slow process for advancement due to staff loving the company
Fast Paced Environment but Not Rewarding
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 15, 2013
I used to love coming to this place to conduct my business and put good hard working nurses to work. However over the last 12 months the morale has unfortunately taken a turn for the worse. I thoroughly enjoy what I do however the environment is not the greatest and certain members of management only seem to fend for themselves as opposed to helping out the team. I've represented the company at a couple different nursing functions and wish more opportunities like this surfaced as it was great being able to network with others. Overall I feel that a change is on the horizon and I certainly look forward to a new challenge.
MEDICAL STAFFING NETWORK IS A TEMPORARY STAFFING AGENCY
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  LansingSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with Kristina in the Lansing office very much. She was very helpful.
Working as a temp in an office and I faced many challenges, one was the lack of respect from fellow
co-workers . I was placed in this job to help with a short staffing issue. I received very little training and very little co opportion, from management or staff, with a few exceptions. I over came these issues and gave the best patient care to my patients, which is really what its about. I will never understand when its your job to help the staff why they are so rude.
Pros
good pay, good agency
Cons
temp work is really stressful