Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
it's okay
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA4 May 2017
it is really hard to get to a place, sometimes it is far out. The communication with this job is okay, sometimes when you go to work, the people at the facility may not need you and you have to drive back home and there is no reimbursement for your gas.
I love MSN
Travel LPN (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC2 May 2017
I love working for this company this is actual the first job I worked allowing me to have the finances and flexibility to still have a social life. My recruiter is amazing and the facilities I help cover are welcoming and nice individuals. i get offered FT positions all the time but turn them down because I love MSN.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Having to get the load other nurses do not want
Stressful position
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NY1 May 2017
Since the acquisition of Medical Staffing Network by Cross Country, the company is still very divided. Only the "cool kids", Cross Country employees, seem to be treated well and are given the opportunity for advancement.

Unfortunately, that leaves many who have been with the company for many years left holding the bag without being acknowledged or moving upwards in the company. You will spend a lifetime in one position without pay increases or being validated for doing a good job,
A variety of locations to work
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC28 April 2017
Friendly helpful people. amicable management, diverse work culture, difficult of find proper seating, but I enjoyed meeting new people. I also enjoyed the variety of cities I had a choice of.
Pros
Travel opportunities accross the united states
Cons
driving through unfamiliar terrraines
This is a decent staffing company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO27 April 2017
This staffing company is decent to work for. The only downfall is they don't seem to have enough work to keep you employed. The work they have comes and goes in spurts
Pros
daily pay
Cons
not enough work
1 May 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network. At MSN we do try to find you the job that matches your skills and needs. We will keep looking and please be sure to stay in contact with your recruiter.

fun place to work,
lpn staffing (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY26 April 2017
great place to work and easy to get along with employees, they work hard in finding jobs that fit the nurses criteria, daily work pay, top dollar for shifts worked, overtime, benefits, I have learned all aspects of nursing care and Patient care , They care about their employees, willing to help with every day hassles of the nursing field, problem solvers.
Pros
daily pay, top dollar for assignments
Cons
not always getting the shifts you need.
1 May 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network. We are happy to see that you are enjoying working with us.

Nice job. You call the shots. Freedom.
Support Staff Mixed Med/Surg ICU (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA25 April 2017
The company was easy to work for, the schedulers were friendly and accommodating of any request. There were many client hospitals to choose from. I would do registry again.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Productive fast past environment
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL18 April 2017
Making sure temps were compliant not only by us, joint commission, and the facility they were going too. Sending temps documents and forms they need to fill out, running backgrounds, and setting them up for drug screens, vaccines, physicals, etc. Fast past, very friendly, always people willing to help.
Great Agency
Medical Assessments for agencies (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA17 April 2017
I did not had the pleasure of working for MSN for long . I believed that I had only a couple of jobs with them. Unfortunately I got cancelled a lot but I would work for them again.
Pros
Nice Agents
Cons
Cancelled frequently
Flexible, great pay and over all respectable company
CNA (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OK16 April 2017
MSN has done a wonderful job with my scheduling needs. As a mother and going to school I work what fits my schedule. There has been issues with not being cancelled in a timely manner and there's been issues with scheduling mixups but everyone acts quickly and the issue is resolved. Yes you get cancelled but there's also other hospitals they can redirect you too. The job can be very dependable if you want to work.
Pros
Great Pay, Daily/Weekly Pay, Self Scheduling
Cons
On call night shift hardly ever answers their phone. 1 hour floor orientations.
Best agency!!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 April 2017
Easy company to work for! Ability to go from one location to another; different departments. Ability to be flexible with own schedule. Often paid the day after your shift, if you wanted.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
poor benefits
13 April 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network. At MSN we do offer comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance. Ask your recruiter for details. We are happy to see that you are enjoying your time here.

night shift at capital medical center
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WA11 April 2017
Wargacki is a great tech..she taught me a lot..even though it was just she and I on the skeleton crew...we both managed to collected and post results from all areas of the hospital
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
temp position
N/a
Substitute School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY11 April 2017
My supervisor was very supportive and encouraging initially. However, my assignments dwindled to nothing, even though I made numerous suggestions for more types of work.
Cons
No benefits for part-time; not enough work
Medical Staffing Network
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC11 April 2017
The company worked very close with contractor to provide all the hours possible, Pay was great, The ladies in the office always let you know when you need to update certifications an medical records
Pros
work days you want
Cons
no paid days off
Free to choose own scheduling shifts
Relief Nurse, LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX9 April 2017
Sent out to different Nursing workplaces..different experiences in Nursing levels..always gaining knowledge of patient and nursing skills..Staffing at Agency always listened and worked with you on chosen workplaces and scheduling.
Pros
choose own scheduling
Cons
getting cancelled shifts or not getting called for shifts.
13 April 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network. We are happy to see that you are enjoying your time here.

I did not work here
Student (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL9 April 2017
I never worked for Medical Staffing Network however this site keeps taking me back to this and will not let me out of this screen unless I type something in these spaces
Just a very basic staffing company don't expect too much.
Perdiem nurse at Select Speciatly Hospital (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL3 April 2017
This is a staffing company, you are there for a career, so not much is to be expected of them. But for what is expected they do ok. They attempt to get you as much work as they can, and if you give them availability they will try to fill it up. But remember to catch the phone!
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
no benefits
MSN is terrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY3 April 2017
By far the worst Travel company I have worked for, with that being said, I make the best of all situations and come out stronger and better then when entering. Other then that work is work. If you are good at what you do then after the learning curve of a new location, everything should fall into place
13 April 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your review, and wish you the best in your future endeavors

Not enough work/no contracts to offer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA2 April 2017
After finishing all the paperwork needed, it took them 2 months to get my first assignment. The hospital I was staffed in, absolutely loved me, their staff was overworked but the company has no contracts! No orientation offered so you better be a quick learner. Nobody will tell you to take your breaks because the work load is insane. Hospital work is awesome but with no job security offered through this company I'm forced to find another company that actually offers contracts.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
NO JOB SECURITY! Not enough work!
Great company
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, IL1 April 2017
The jobs allows you to gain skills across the medical and mental health field. Friendly staffers that work diligently to place you in a hospital according to your skills set.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.