Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

I did not work here
Student (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL9 April 2017
I never worked for Medical Staffing Network however this site keeps taking me back to this and will not let me out of this screen unless I type something in these spaces
Just a very basic staffing company don't expect too much.
Perdiem nurse at Select Speciatly Hospital (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL3 April 2017
This is a staffing company, you are there for a career, so not much is to be expected of them. But for what is expected they do ok. They attempt to get you as much work as they can, and if you give them availability they will try to fill it up. But remember to catch the phone!
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
no benefits
MSN is terrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY3 April 2017
By far the worst Travel company I have worked for, with that being said, I make the best of all situations and come out stronger and better then when entering. Other then that work is work. If you are good at what you do then after the learning curve of a new location, everything should fall into place
Official response from Medical Staffing Network
13 April 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your review, and wish you the best in your future endeavors

Not enough work/no contracts to offer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA2 April 2017
After finishing all the paperwork needed, it took them 2 months to get my first assignment. The hospital I was staffed in, absolutely loved me, their staff was overworked but the company has no contracts! No orientation offered so you better be a quick learner. Nobody will tell you to take your breaks because the work load is insane. Hospital work is awesome but with no job security offered through this company I'm forced to find another company that actually offers contracts.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
NO JOB SECURITY! Not enough work!
Great company
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, IL1 April 2017
The jobs allows you to gain skills across the medical and mental health field. Friendly staffers that work diligently to place you in a hospital according to your skills set.
quite and reserved atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 March 2017
I've been with this company about a year now they are sufficient about keeping myself staffed. Most assignments are in the hospital assisting patients with getting out of bed and bedside manners. I enjoy being with the patients and interacting in conversations that they may have. The hardest part is watching my patients be in pain and not allowing them to harm themselves.
Pros
discounted meals, prn positions
Cons
sometimes it's really slow
Fairly Good
Staff Relief (Former Employee) –  Orange, CA21 March 2017
Once a hospital got to get to know You, over repeated times of going back to the same hospital, I was accepted as their own. At Orange Coast Memorial, in Huntington Beach, they even made me Charge Nurse of all the other nurses on the Med/Surg. Floors and Telemetry Units.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
Not being accepted or helped when sent top a new facility.
I would have liked more shifts
Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL18 March 2017
I gained valuable knowledge, working as a agency nurse, staffing the elementary schools as substitute nurse. I also had assignments at major insurance companies, performing B/P checks on their employees.
Pros
Exciting assignments
Cons
A lot of travel and commuting
Enjoyed working here
Agency LPN (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK17 March 2017
I worked through this agency at Mabel Basset Correctional Facility
Pay was good, available shifts started to be more sporadic. Local office, nice knowledgable staff
Pros
pay
Cons
no enough shifts
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK17 March 2017
You can make your schedule. Your only required to work 1 shift every 3 months. Works great with school and family. With the ability to go to any department and facility I get to find out what type of nurse I want to be.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Not guaranteed shifts
Temp Agency
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 March 2017
Medical staffing network is a temp agency they find places for people to work. It is located in Beltsville Maryland. some of the places they send you to are far distance from Baltimore city
great medical agency to work for
CNA1/Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC10 March 2017
The most I enjoyed was the flexibility of scheduling my own self on a weekly basis. The recruiters are great and work closely with each employee. Nice!
Pros
great opporunities to earn more money
Cons
Short breaks
staffing agency
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL3 March 2017
The typical assignment was going to various doctors offices where needed . In working with different clinics the duties were similar in some cases . The hard part of some positions is learning how each establishment operates .
Pros
frequent continuing education
Cons
working at various locations
Surgery was my Forte'
Registered Nurse Masters (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 February 2017
I learned nearly everything I know because of Parkland Hospital. Wonderful ambience for learning, diversification, excellent opportunities for advanced education and a supportive group of people willing to help those seeking assistance.

It was a teaching hospital and the majority of people were after advanced education - Wonderful Experience! I earned my BSN and MSN there.
Pros
Very Professionally minded
Cons
Not enough time to chart (electronically) the short cases
Supplemental Services
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH25 February 2017
A typical day was answering phones, filing, conducting interviews, employment references, obtaining time sheets and employees availability for our contracted clients. I had learned Human Resources, Payroll, Recruiting, and maintaining current client satisfaction and acquiring new clients. The hardest part of the job was making decisions while Branch Manager was out of office. Decisions was made correctly. Enjoyable part of the job was knowing everything was done correctly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Knowledge of office skills
Cons
Merger
not much contact
Agency Nurse/ correctional nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL24 February 2017
they supplied a full time position at the prison for many years. i picked up timeslip and dropped them off once a week at their office on Hwy 200.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no affordable insurance
Great people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI23 February 2017
Try to keep u busy even during slow times. Helpful when u need help. Explain procedures. The shop also has wonderful people no experience needed. Great people to train also
Pros
They have a otr home weekends or a 4-4 schudule
Cons
Only allowed one day off at a time unless u have vacation pay
Flexible work schedule
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK18 February 2017
MSN provides PRN and contract work for those in the medical and allied health fields who want to manage their own schedules and earn a higher rate of pay.
x ray
x ray tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 February 2017
Float pool, their staff was very helpful. medical staff, doctors and even managers were very pleasant and helpful. the ortho and sports med doctors could be needy, but within reason. great place for a more experienced tech.
Pros
free lunches, donuts some times.
Cons
some times a long drive to/ from office
Great Place to work.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH7 February 2017
Great place to work, lots of opportunity to progress and train.A great place to train and educate patient as to the proper and safe use of all equipment. The work place was great and pleasurable.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short tern contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.