Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

review
CNA (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 25, 2015
Very flexible, work always available, managers very nice, cares about well being. Not many benefits. Good part time job
phlebotomist at a doctors office
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2015
worked independently as an in office phlebotomist. enjoyed the office and the staff. Drew patients of adult age. I worked Monday thru Friday and had weekends off. great hours and a great place to work
Pros
great hours mon thru fri
Cons
lower pay
Per diem work readily available with daily pay
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work was usually atypical. I was at a different hospital or facility every day on a different unit for a different shift with different coworkers. I learned to adapt quickly to any given situation. The most difficult part of my job was time management because I was taught there is no such thing as "That's not my patient." Unfortunately many coworkers did not agree with this and that left me doing work and completing nursing notes after my shift was completed at my own expense after signing out after the shift was officially over. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was providing comfort to patients and staff support to complementary healthcare workers who were woefully understaffed.
Pros
daily pay
Cons
no full time benefits
most enjoyable part of job
Agency/Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part of traveling nursing is the constant change happening and adaptation. Also meeting new people and learning different philosophies and policies of new working environments.
Very Pleasant To Work For.
CNA/Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 5, 2015
I was very pleased with how they kept me busy and enjoyed change. Seldom was I called off and when I was it was apologetically and was put on list for other opening same day.
My time at Medical Staffing Network
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 15, 2015
During my time at Medical Staffing Network I have learned so much. I love working in such a high pace environment. I go from starting my day looking at our weeks profitability report and trying to figure ways to get that number up. To ending my day talking to new recruits. In between that I get my new recruits fully credentialed and ready to go out into the field. I work on staffing for the nurses and CNAs we have already credentialed and ready to go. My co-workers here have always been amazing. From day 1 they were here to help me. I would say the hardest part of my job is balancing. I could spend all day trying to get new people out working. But I always need to stop myself from doing that to work on other things like staffing and getting new clients. The most enjoyable part of my job would be, of course helping others. I love helping people. And then some of these nurses and CNAs don't have anything else it feels good to know I was there for them,
Pros
excellent coworkers and great clients and temps
Nice company to work for
STAFF NURSE, per diem (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 30, 2015
My work for this company was doing agency nursing work at various Emergency Departments in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. One has to be flexible when doing agency nursing because one never knows what she will experience on a daily basis.

Hardest part was learning new computer progras on the job with minimum of instruction.
Pros
liked the flexibility of the position
Cons
Hospitals cancelling your shift at the last minute
Flexible schedule, work variety great office staff support
Staff relief LPN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 30, 2014
Flexibility for working mothers includes choice in shifts and days, and a variety of work opportunities in facilities, home care and office.
Along with ongoing teaching and updates monthly on current or ongoing changes and requirements of the nursing profession.
The staffing personal works very hard to accommodate the nurses needs. Management is excellent in support of the staff.
MSN also offers travel opportunities for those younger nurses interested in travel.
Pros
higher pay than in-house staff / flexible hours
Cons
no paid sick or personal time benifits
Better than the rest [I know].
Health Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Broward CountySeptember 4, 2015
It is a "let's get the work done" atmosphere which I like. I enjoy the independence I have, as well as the support. I am waiting on my RN license, just to see what the pay is like, and of course continue to help while working with MSN.
enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHSeptember 24, 2015
A typical day for me was not knowing where I was going to be working the next day or week but was excited anyway. I love to go to different sites and learning new things
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
great
Pretty Bad Place To Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in, sitting down, opening your email and reading that everything you have learned and everything you have been doing has now changed. Their culture of change is a "flip-the-switch" technique, meaning there is no warning or no ramp up, but rather a "let's hope this works out for the best and we will cover our a-- in the meantime by throwing everyone under the bus" approach. Doesn't work and makes for awful morale.

What i learned from MSN is that no matter how well you do and no matter how much revenue you are personally responsible for bringing in, your job is never safe. They will fire you without skipping a beat.

The mid-level management is okay but the executive management team doesn't know their a-- from a hole in the wall. They shouldn't be in their positions and they don't listen to anyone but the people in charge of their jobs. The people that are actually in the field all day, raking in the money that pays their salary? Not so much - they don't give a shi- what you have to say.

And there were holes in the walls.

My co-workers were awesome. It was nice to have people around who were equally confused about what the heck was going on with the company.

The hardest part about the job was dealing with unrealistic goals set by the jerks at the top that don't listen.

The most enjoyable part of the job was walking out at the end of the day.
Productive, challenging, great co workers.
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 25, 2015
Productive and challenging work environment. Excellent direct leadership, excellent co workers. Very numbers and metrics driven. Fast paced and stressful, new and unexpected obstacles each day. My commute has been a big issue for me.
Assist patients
CNA (Former Employee) –  Southmiami HospitalSeptember 11, 2015
Feed, bathe and dress patients. Take patient vital signs. Serve meals, make beds and keep rooms clean. Set up medical equipment and assist with some medical procedures. Answer calls for help and observe changes in a patient's condition or behavior.
You get an opportunity to apply your skills at different nursing facilities.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2015
This is a great experience for those who like to travel. You can get a feel of how other nursing homes operate. You can create your own schedule. Sometimes your shift is cancelled, but that happens in this line of work. All about availability.
Pros
Flexible shifts, when available.
Cons
Shifts that you want are not always available.
Great Pay, Friendly Staff
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago AreaFebruary 19, 2013
I really liked working for this company as a counselor on a as needed basis. They are professional, courteous, and hard working. As an addictions counselor the pay was about 5.00 more an hour than you would make anywhere else, so this is also wonderful. They make you feel appreciated., are really flexible and I especially liked my contact person. It was great to work in so many different settings and really beefed up my resume and experience.
Pros
money, flexibility, management, courteous staff that work hard to find you jobs
Cons
health insurance would be nice but i understand why they can't offer it
Best Job ever !
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2015
I have worked for this company from 1992- 2010. Excellent nursing agency ! They treat you as family. You receive top pay as well as great contracts. mOVED TO oregon and left them behind, they made a difference in my career.
Pros
everything
Cons
sometime short notice on needs
great work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 1, 2015
it was a nice plance to work. i had a lot of hours and the pay was great. i liked the fact that they pay weekly. it was a fun place to work with great apportunity.
Pros
packed lucnh
Cons
not enough hours from october to february.
Great company to work
Staffing Manager, HR and Credentialer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2015
Clean, friendly work enviroment.

I learned about volume and regulations

Managment is always eager to offer adive and assist as needed.

Co-workers are also earger to offer help to each other for the better of the branch.

Wanting to help and not having enough people to offer.

The ability to use my multitasking ability and allowed to show my skills
Pros
companys eviroment
Cons
slow process for advancement due to staff loving the company
hospital
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  blm ilMay 29, 2015
i was a float certified nurses assistant
i placed orders for doctors for treatment
o assisted in daily functions
i assisted patients after major surgery
Pros
meeting new people
Excellent benefits.
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 6, 2013
Fast paced environment. Learned about credentialing for nurses and Allied health (inservices, licenses, etc.) Management is open to suggestions and treats everyone with respect. They celebrate achievement and the benefits are excellent.
Pros
open door
Cons
advancement