Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexibilty of schedule
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: cancellations of shifts at times
This position was self-scheduling, days and hours worked. It was a staffing agency. I either worked in an acute care setting, nursing home, or clinic. Management was just as flexible and always found work for me. Didn't work with coworkers too often because of various assigments. The hardest part was having to work night shift at times, the most enjoyable part was the flexibility of work hours. This was essential with raising my children.
great place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: daily pay
Cons: health benefits costly
I would do staff relief at many facilities as well as Correctional facilities in West Palm Beach and Out on Fairgrounds road. Learned a lot about working with inmates and realize that everyone despite their circumstances all deserve healthcare and the proper healthcare. Their were many of their staff nurses who were very supportive to the agency nurses. Worked almost full time in corrections through this agency.
Great environment in the office
Contract Manager/Recruitment&Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 9, 2012
Pros: met some great people
Recruiting can always be a great challenge. Staffing nurses with various backgrounds peeked an interest in my abilities to work with people who worked with people. My day consisted of both cold and warm calling of new and current prospects for an existing need. Each day also consisted of cold and warm calling of potential new clients to fulfill their staffing needs. I staffed from the West Palm Beach area to the Miami-Dade County area.
Scheduling Sleep Studies
Medical Secretary Central Scheduling (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 12, 2015
Cons: 1hr. lunch
Calling patients for consults for there sleep studies made appointments did also verify insurance/precert I learned how to talk to patient when they were upset come them down get them into a appointment time that best fit for them management was great co-workers were wonderful I didn't have a hard part of the job the most enjoyable part of my job was going in everyday to help patient get schedule for sleep studies
Fail to provide you with correct job information
material handler (Former Employee), MissouriMarch 17, 2014
Cons: unprofessional staff that offer little help
Was told when hired, if you made it through 90 days, you would be hired on full time. Not true. One out of 20 or so hired others let go for reasons unknown. I was let go because of a drug test that showed doctor prescribed, with proof, medication. I was then denied unemployment benefits because company stated "misconduct."
Cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2016
o Duties include: being attentive and empathetic to each resident and their needs, for caring for all assigned residents with the time frame allotted, helping family members assist residents, knowing and staying compliant with all state requirements in each nursing home, logging in my own hours and turning them in, and knowing which facilities/locations that I would be attending throughout the week
o Making sure that each resident was taken to and from meals
o Maintaining good hygiene for all assigned residents
Nice company to work for
STAFF NURSE, per diem (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: liked the flexibility of the position
Cons: Hospitals cancelling your shift at the last minute
My work for this company was doing agency nursing work at various Emergency Departments in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. One has to be flexible when doing agency nursing because one never knows what she will experience on a daily basis.

Hardest part was learning new computer progras on the job with minimum of instruction.
Very Productive job improved my recruiting skills greatly
True staff (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2014
Typical work day included sourcing for the ideal candidate for each position. Working diligently to close on deals, establishing trust with client and candidate. Completing all task ontime Meeting or exceeding goals set for the day. We all worked as a team. Hardest part of job was actually getting to speak with someone for cold call list or getting them to return your call.
LPN (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: gas cards if it's a dire need or a long distance to travel.
Cons: sometimes there are last minute cancellations.
The recruiters here are great to work with and are very understanding in regards to personal issues. A typical day is just like working long-term care. The hardest part of the job is not knowing for sure where you will be needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others as part of a team.
Big office
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2012
Pros: good pay, daily pay, nice office staff, work when you want.
Cons: not enough concern for patient care.
Friendly office staff. They had top pay for traveling medical professionals and a lot of BIG contracts with large hospitals. I enjoyed the flexibility of the schedule. Daily pay was offered and insurance but most people did not like the insurance. I left because the office manager was more concerned with keeping contracted facilities happy than they were with quality patient care.
Great company to work
Staffing Manager, HR and Credentialer (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 10, 2015
Pros: companys eviroment
Cons: slow process for advancement due to staff loving the company
Clean, friendly work enviroment.

I learned about volume and regulations

Managment is always eager to offer adive and assist as needed.

Co-workers are also earger to offer help to each other for the better of the branch.

Wanting to help and not having enough people to offer.

The ability to use my multitasking ability and allowed to show my skills
Great Place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great compensation. listened to staff regarding facilites(good or bad, too little staffing, etc)
Cons: must be able to leave for work at the drop of a hat.
I was an agency nurse which means you have to go when called, although they try to book you ahead. Kept me in work and even got 6 month contracts at some hospitals. Great supervisors.
Great Place to experiece other places
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 6, 2015
Pros: Travel, Meet different People
Cons: Pay Rate
Working with this nursing agency I see how different nursing homes are and how they all have something unique. I enjoy traveling from place to place meeting new people. Medical Staffing Network has given me the opportunity to get myself out there and get a lot more experience then just staying in one place.
Bad with payroll
Tech (Current Employee), New York City, NYMay 4, 2014
Cons: unprofessional with payroll.
If you are a per diem or on call worker you are left waiting for your payroll. I have waited for weeks for payment of shifts and have had to keep detailed records of my expected payroll and call them practically daily! Additionally, when they need paperwork or medical records they call or email asking for it the day before it's due. They don't seem to know what they are doing. Frustrating and unprofessional!!!
Avoid MSN
Contract RN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: located in shopping district along westheimer
Cons: no work= no money, unprofessional, low pay if you do get a shift
Unreliable staff, not paid what I was worth, and unprofessional. I remember when I was working per diem and I would just be cancelled day after day for weeks. I was so glad I had another real agency that I worked for so I could make a living. Avoid this organization!
Great company to work for,
CMA_Clinical and Administrative (Current Employee), Spartanburg,SCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: no long term placement
Love this Company, been with since 2005. It provides you with employment experience in different ambulatory care settings. the company has helps to improve my skills hands on and through teamwork with other coworkers as well. There is a chance to travel to different places and meet with different kinds of patients in all sorts of communities.
Various great assignments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TX-Cincinnati, OH-Springfield, OHJune 26, 2014
Pros: great learning experinces. variety of work locations and facilities.
Cons: the insurance can be kind of pricey if you have a family
Worked both local and travel assignments at a variety of facilites: Hospitals, nursing homes and clinics. All the places that I was sent the co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job the different e-charting. The most enjoyable was the different floors and patients. A lot of great learning experinces,
Co-workers good to work with
Staff Relief Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2012
Report received from night shift nurse, control drugs counted. Learned the brand and genaric names of medications. Injections give from insulin to immunizations. Wound care to some patients. Doctor orders taken, faxed to pharmacy and then documented on MAR's. Dealt with out burst from paitents and medical emergencies. Enjoyed working with all co-workers, day or evening shifts.
You get an opportunity to apply your skills at different nursing facilities.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible shifts, when available.
Cons: Shifts that you want are not always available.
This is a great experience for those who like to travel. You can get a feel of how other nursing homes operate. You can create your own schedule. Sometimes your shift is cancelled, but that happens in this line of work. All about availability.
Excellent company.
Recruiter Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 8, 2012
Pros: excellent company.
Cons: no cons.
Provided administrative support (with additional functions as deemed required) to help assure all operational needs are met.
Built and maintained relationship with field and internal employees.
Accurate completion of employee files including pre-employment screenings.
Managed compliance in accordance with Joint Commission and company standards.
Worked with existing field employees to keep documents current, active and compliant.
Headquarters