Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
low payrate
Senior Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: bad management
rude management, low payrate. no teamplayers, worked over 40 hrs uncompensated.
No room for growth
Team Lead of Credentialing Department (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: i like what i do
obviously company was sold to another staffing agency. Review is unnecessary
Always looking for an assignment
RN (Current Employee), NY, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
I think the workers looking for assignment work 24/7. I was never left in the dark as to where they were looking and the feedback was excellent. My recruiter always had my best interest in mind. If I had certain criteria, they always accommodated me.
Great Place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great compensation. listened to staff regarding facilites(good or bad, too little staffing, etc)
Cons: must be able to leave for work at the drop of a hat.
I was an agency nurse which means you have to go when called, although they try to book you ahead. Kept me in work and even got 6 month contracts at some hospitals. Great supervisors.
Pretty Bad Place To Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in, sitting down, opening your email and reading that everything you have learned and everything you have been doing has now changed. Their culture of change is a "flip-the-switch" technique, meaning there is no warning or no ramp up, but rather a "let's hope this works out for the best and we will cover our a-- – more... in the meantime by throwing everyone under the bus" approach. Doesn't work and makes for awful morale.

What i learned from MSN is that no matter how well you do and no matter how much revenue you are personally responsible for bringing in, your job is never safe. They will fire you without skipping a beat.

The mid-level management is okay but the executive management team doesn't know their a-- from a hole in the wall. They shouldn't be in their positions and they don't listen to anyone but the people in charge of their jobs. The people that are actually in the field all day, raking in the money that pays their salary? Not so much - they don't give a shi- what you have to say.

And there were holes in the walls.

My co-workers were awesome. It was nice to have people around who were equally confused about what the heck was going on with the company.

The hardest part about the job was dealing with unrealistic goals set by the jerks at the top that don't listen.

The most enjoyable part of the job was walking out at the end of the day. – less
Learning tool
Medical Assistant/ Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2014
Going to work in on time working with a good team productive and fun.
Good Place to Work but Work is Limited in X-Ray
X-Ray (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2014
a typical day at work is getting a phone call to work at sites that need assistance for a time

what I learned was that they cover a lot of areas in the medical field but right now, it's slow for x-ray

Management is ok. They call whenever a job becomes available

the co-workers are ok. only met one for a short period of time. she seems nice.

the hardest – more... part of the job is waiting for the phone call. could be weeks/months before they have something for you

most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours you can schedule with them – less
Not enough job opening for X-Ray
Contracted X-Ray Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: able to work anywhere
Cons: waiting for a call
a typical day for a contracted worker is to wait for a call and hope that they have something for you.

what I have learned is that there aren't a lot of job for x-ray in the surrounding areas of Chicago

Management is ok. They have a pool of workers and they try and match up the job with experience level of the worker

the one co-worker I met was ok. – more... She was also a x-ray tech helping out.

the hardest part about the job is waiting for that call to work. business is slow so far and Ive been here since Jan. 14

enjoyable part about the job is the flexible nature of the work. you can work anywhere – less
Overall great company to work for.
Orthopedics and Neurology Medical Records Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCJune 30, 2014
Working here aided my strength and knowledge in the medical field and made going to work enjoyable.
very diverse place
LPN (Former Employee), North Aurora, ILJune 28, 2014
A typical day was vital signs, charting, medication, foley care, trach care,g-tube care and educating the patient and family.
Various great assignments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TX-Cincinnati, OH-Springfield, OHJune 26, 2014
Pros: great learning experinces. variety of work locations and facilities.
Cons: the insurance can be kind of pricey if you have a family
Worked both local and travel assignments at a variety of facilites: Hospitals, nursing homes and clinics. All the places that I was sent the co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job the different e-charting. The most enjoyable was the different floors and patients. A lot of great learning experinces,
CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 19, 2014
This was just a agency job, that I traveled around Nebraska to different nursing homes that needed help.
productive and fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Applevalley, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: so many opportunities they welcome me with
Cons: sometimes registries cut hours.
its a very good company that helps me learn and get more experience so that i can succeed in this nursing field .
Okay work place with lateral movement
operations (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 11, 2014
The people working there are friendly and management is , for the most part. No raises given.
Varied work environments
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 11, 2014
Pros: variety
Cons: first staff dropped when census lower
Worked at numerous facilities, great opportunities to learn and practice in multiple and varied environments
Great Staff
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Current Employee), Naperville, INJune 9, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people and learn how each hospital operates in their own way
Cons: moving every 13 weeks
Gretchen is very helpful in placing me in locations. The assignments have been good so far with Children's Hospital having the best staff so far.
Very flexible
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2014
Worked there for over a year and made good money. Worked at integris facilities only.
company
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2014
Pros: company, pay, benefits
Cons: nothing
great environment, friendly people, great benefits, a lot of diversity, learning something new everyday, get to pick your own hours and work schedule, top pay, daily pay, great benefits
Flexible schedule, work variety great office staff support
Staff relief LPN (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: higher pay than in-house staff / flexible hours
Cons: no paid sick or personal time benifits
Flexibility for working mothers includes choice in shifts and days, and a variety of work opportunities in facilities, home care and office.
Along with ongoing teaching and updates monthly on current or ongoing changes and requirements of the nursing profession.
The staffing personal works very hard to accommodate the nurses needs. Management is excellent – more... in support of the staff.
MSN also offers travel opportunities for those younger nurses interested in travel. – less
Great company to work for.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMay 29, 2014
I loved working for this facilty. The residents were very loving and management.

About Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network is the only healthcare staffing firm you’ll want to work with for your entire career. As one of – Read more

Medical Staffing Network Photos