Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VA4 August 2016
Things were not depicted as was stated when I interviewed. Management was horrible and very unprofessional. There was no real training in the office that I was at and at time I felt lost. I did not see any room for growth and the atmosphere and company moral was at a low.
Pros
Had great co workers
Cons
To Many to name
Opportunity to work with patients
Mental Health Counselor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL14 June 2016
Typical day was working with patients one-on-one and assisting new patients; following up with treatment plan; learning new things each day to assist the patient; good management; enjoyed working with co-workers; hardest part of job was non-accomplishments; enjoyable part of job was having an opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Making a difference in patients lives.
Cons
Lack of healthcare.
enjoyed workig for the company
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 18 years (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH17 January 2017
I worked off site at schools with medical fragile children. I found the company to be employee orientated. A typical day included meeting the client at the curb and riding the school bus and assisting the pediatric client with any and all the medical care during the scheduled school hours. Respirtory and physical needs.
Pros
working off site
Cons
I really dont have any really enjoyed working for the company
Excellent place to work
Per-Diem Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL26 June 2016
Fast paced environment, exactly what I like. I learned ALOT at MSN. I was able to advance from the Corporate payroll dept to the Per Diem Payroll Dept. Management was top notch, they actually cared about their employee's and did whatever they could to make them comfortable. Co-workers were always nice and extremely helpful.
Pros
All of the above
Below average
CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 June 2016
Pay is not competitive with other local agencies in the area, branch is not supportive of staff, showed no appreciation for staff during CNA week, staffs very few facilities, your personal life means absolutely nothing to the branch manager even if there is a death in your family he expects you to commit to the shift.
Pros
Work when you want to work, daily pay
Cons
Very few shifts available
Linden Medical Center
Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 July 2016
Working at Linden Medical Center allowed me to learn clinical as well as administrative healthcare.
I worked with billing, coding and health information management.
I recommend this facility to the new Medical Assistant that would like a variety of experiences.
Can be a great company to work, the co-workers are OK,
Histotechnican 3rd shift (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 September 2016
I've worked with the firm since graduation, 1985,most assignments are really nice and i usually end up staying with a position for several years, but i didn't care for this last assignment, so i'am seeking a better position.
Pros
Better if you take out of state assigments
Cons
some managers are difficult
great place to work threw. great managment. they care about what u want.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 February 2016
since being employed with them they keep up make sure u r happy and things r going good. And also ask if u need anything. They keep up with your accomplishments and seeing how well u do at your job, and they will reward you and with raise too.
Pros
paid for CPR. help as much as they can and try get anything that you need.
Cons
no vacations. no sick days.
No Per Diem
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida3 December 2016
False advertising regarding Per Diem positions.
Submit required information, no call back, or if they do, thecwant you to do a Travel contract with them.
They have No Per Diem, as advertised.
Cons
Failure to reply about advertised Per Diem positions. Old Bait and Switch routine.
Good Experience
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS17 October 2016
This is a company to get a lot of skills and learn different skills by going to so many different Health Care Facilities. The hardest part of the job is not knowing everyones routines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the taking care of so many people and giving them the care that they need/needed to get better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Canceling of shifts peridocally
Good Place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Naperville, Illinois9 October 2016
I have enjoyed working at Medical Staffing Network. The company offers a great opportunity for growth. I have learned information about new equiptment and equiptment proceedures since working there.
I love these guys
CNA (Current Employee) –  Meridian, ID21 June 2016
They are the best staffing agency I have worked for...in my 17yr career as a CNA. Good communication and reasonable expectations, unlike other medica staffing companys.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hours become low at certain times of year, like all staffing agencies
FINANCIAL SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 July 2016
I enjoyed working in the medical field;
hated to see the company leave Houston.
We were like family there and had a job work/Life Balance.
The worst staffing agency i ever work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson health miami25 September 2016
This people locked out you if the employer wants you permanently with them. They pay very low then national average...I found out that the Medical Assistant in this place making $17 hours
Just the new MA or entry levels and this MSN pay $12.47...see how much they taking from you every hour.....no wandering they keeping you contracted.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Always loved my schedule and work status.
Registered Nurse, Agency Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY3 October 2016
There was always chances for learning new information. Everyone worked together as a team member there was no individual team. No matter how busy the day was everyone worked together to get the orders completed each and every shift.
Pros
CLOSE TO HOME
Cons
OVERTIME
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM5 October 2016
This job is an agency, so the job was never the same. They sent you to different companies. The company may only need you that day or longer depending on the situation of the company
Pros
traveling
Cons
some people didn't like working with agency people
Helpful and friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL7 December 2016
Very accommodating recruiter. They listened to my travel location requests and provided options. Friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend MSN to anyone.
Staffing
Staffing Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN7 December 2016
Love the clients I work with and the staff i manage is GREAT. There would be some changes i would prefer to make but at this time not in the place to make those changes.
Medical Support Assistant/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA5 January 2017
Work experience is great with a very flexible schedule and cross trained in many different departments. I would definitely recommend friends or family to work for this agency.
I love what I do
State Tested Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OH4 June 2016
Working for Medical Staffing Network has given me the opportunity to explore different facilities and meet amazing people. It has given me the chance to be able to work with some of the best nurses and aides who love what they do and come in and show it.
Depending on where I am being sent a typical day would consist of me going into a facility that I am assigned to and meet with the supervisor. From there I get my assignment and meet with my fellow coworkers and I begin my work. I'm the type that like to finish my work and help others finish theirs to so we can all be in a good place by the end of the shift and the next shift is set up for success. I love meeting my residents and being able to move around to different facilities. My patients make me happy cause they actually appreciate the help I provide and I get to here stories from back in the day. Hardest part of my job is when you can have someone who is healthy as a horse one day and then come in the next and found out they have passed away, so it does kind of hurt but you learn to cope with it and understand it may never get easy but you do know they are in a better place.