Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not enough job opening for X-Ray
Contracted X-Ray Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: able to work anywhere
Cons: waiting for a call
a typical day for a contracted worker is to wait for a call and hope that they have something for you.

what I have learned is that there aren't a lot of job for x-ray in the surrounding areas of Chicago

Management is ok. They have a pool of workers and they try and match up the job with experience level of the worker

the one co-worker I met was ok. She was also a x-ray tech helping out.

the hardest part about the job is waiting for that call to work. business is slow so far and Ive been here since Jan. 14

enjoyable part about the job is the flexible nature of the work. you can work anywhere
Create your own work schedule.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 3, 2016
Cons: healthcare, hours, pay, advancement
Working for this company is wonderful, you get to set your own hours, travel, meet new people (both other nursing staff and other patients), and work in varying environments. The down side to this job is that other staffing agencies pay significantly better and have better benefits. The ability to move from a retirement facility to a hospital is nearly impossible (unless you have previous experience in both). Also the ability to advance in your career in the medical field is non-existent. You really don't see to much of your co-workers, management is awesome.
Fast paced and productive endocrinology clinic that uses computer charting to service its patient population.
Clinical nurse in endocrinology clinic (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 4, 2013
I have had good work experiences through this company. I have learned about diabetes (CGM input), thyroid issues (lab orders, FNA, ultrasound) and computer charting. I enjoy coming in daily. the staff are hard workers and very helpful. Somtimes the phone messages can get overwhelming but the patients are very appreciative of the assistance given by the staff. There is always someone to defer questions that may require more attention. there is someone available to point you in thr proper direction.
Great Pay, Friendly Staff
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Chicago AreaFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: money, flexibility, management, courteous staff that work hard to find you jobs
Cons: health insurance would be nice but i understand why they can't offer it
I really liked working for this company as a counselor on a as needed basis. They are professional, courteous, and hard working. As an addictions counselor the pay was about 5.00 more an hour than you would make anywhere else, so this is also wonderful. They make you feel appreciated., are really flexible and I especially liked my contact person. It was great to work in so many different settings and really beefed up my resume and experience.
Flexible schedule, work variety great office staff support
Staff relief LPN (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: higher pay than in-house staff / flexible hours
Cons: no paid sick or personal time benifits
Flexibility for working mothers includes choice in shifts and days, and a variety of work opportunities in facilities, home care and office.
Along with ongoing teaching and updates monthly on current or ongoing changes and requirements of the nursing profession.
The staffing personal works very hard to accommodate the nurses needs. Management is excellent in support of the staff.
MSN also offers travel opportunities for those younger nurses interested in travel.
Medical Staffing Network
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: compensation, variety, flexible, new learnign experiences, teamwork
Cons: job security
A typical day at work includes being staffed to an Acute Hospital short on staff. I have learned how to adjust better to working in fast paced environments with little knowledge of clients. Management has always been flexible with my schedule, and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not getting called, and having to keep back up empoyer options. The most enjoyable part of the job has been being able to go to new places, meet new people, and always learning new things.
Never Paid
Travel Staff RN (Former Employee), Yorktown HeightsSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: have great hospitals to work for
Cons: lie, don't pay you, don't pay you what you are worth
Title says it all. Seems to be the new thing with agencies that staff NYC hospitals. Don't work for them if you are going to do a Travel Assignment. You will be left stranded. They claim not to give you a contract till after you finish orientation. Then, if you do get it they decide to change it around. They say get paid on Wednesday and then no Friday.

If you live in the city and want gone paid half your rate three weeks later. Well be like the rest of he nurses here and put up with it. I am not! Hospitals are using you and you are falling for it.
Great experience to maximize skills and meet a lot of great people.
Traveling Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 28, 2012
Working for Medical Staffing Network was a great ecperience. With this company, I have had the opportunites of working in a hospital setting and long term care. Each job assignment was different I rarely worked with the same patients and co-workers. I was challenged to adapt to various companies standards and policies along with adapting to meet the needs of the patients I gave care to. The management team were extremely friendly and supportive. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work for such a great company.
Good way to gain additional experience
LPN (Former Employee), Williamsville,NYFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: convienient daily pay
Cons: not always able to go to your favorite facility
MSN was a very nice place to work for. I was able to gain alot of experience going to various facilities and working different shifts. The office staff were great at keeping me busy and at catering to my needs. When I did not want to work I simply told them and they did not call. When I wanted to work they made sure I had full-time hours plus some overtime! I would recommend anyone to work for them if you want to make your own schedule, gain more experience or just work where you want to work.
helping pt's and seeing them happy and now ive done an honest days work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2013
getting my acenment getint my pt't up and to breakfest and lunch laying people down far a nap, recording meals, and vs and reporting changes to nurse.. taking care of pt't and helping them with there dailey task... making a diffrence on a pt's and helping them feel better.. helping co workers if they need help...the hadrest part of my job is seeing a pt' upset are some one passing away! the most enjoyable pat of my job is putting a smile on a pt's face and making them laugh or making them feel happy and loved
Productive and fun with a gym
Senior Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Incentives such to advance career
Cons: Healthcare, and bonuses
Typical day at work was responding to employee benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure effective resolution. Partnered very closely with co-workers and managers, as there were many branches (divisions) across the country. The difficult part of the job was reporting as new system were being implemented and sometimes it made for accurate reporting very difficult.

The most enjoyable was resolving the employees complaints to their satisfactory.
Peaceful, fun, and rewarding job
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2013
Pros: all aspects of the job duties
Cons: no benefits
Working at Medical Staffing Network I would work at different nursing homes or hospitals. Some assignments would be at the same place for several days, some for only a couple. I would assist patients with their daily activities and help the nurses as needed. I would complete paperwork and exchange information with the attending nurse as well as my replacement. My job was fun, exciting, and very rewarding. The only downside to this company was I did not have benefits.
Good Place to Work but Work is Limited in X-Ray
X-Ray (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2014
a typical day at work is getting a phone call to work at sites that need assistance for a time

what I learned was that they cover a lot of areas in the medical field but right now, it's slow for x-ray

Management is ok. They call whenever a job becomes available

the co-workers are ok. only met one for a short period of time. she seems nice.

the hardest part of the job is waiting for the phone call. could be weeks/months before they have something for you

most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours you can schedule with them
Great environment in the office
Contract Manager/Recruitment&Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 9, 2012
Pros: met some great people
Recruiting can always be a great challenge. Staffing nurses with various backgrounds peeked an interest in my abilities to work with people who worked with people. My day consisted of both cold and warm calling of new and current prospects for an existing need. Each day also consisted of cold and warm calling of potential new clients to fulfill their staffing needs. I staffed from the West Palm Beach area to the Miami-Dade County area.
Cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2016
o Duties include: being attentive and empathetic to each resident and their needs, for caring for all assigned residents with the time frame allotted, helping family members assist residents, knowing and staying compliant with all state requirements in each nursing home, logging in my own hours and turning them in, and knowing which facilities/locations that I would be attending throughout the week
o Making sure that each resident was taken to and from meals
o Maintaining good hygiene for all assigned residents
Good to work as a Ceritfied Nurse Assistant
CNA (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: pay, open door policy, family setting
Cons: i haven't found any wrong yet
my job is very good job if you like working with old people. You never know what you are going to get in to that day until it happen you have to be on your toes. Co-worker can make you have a good day your they can really upset your day if they are not doing things in the right way. the most i like about my job is the people thing they lived and bring to the table with them. But, over all most about my job is knowing that i did a good job that day.
Flexibilty of schedule
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: cancellations of shifts at times
This position was self-scheduling, days and hours worked. It was a staffing agency. I either worked in an acute care setting, nursing home, or clinic. Management was just as flexible and always found work for me. Didn't work with coworkers too often because of various assigments. The hardest part was having to work night shift at times, the most enjoyable part was the flexibility of work hours. This was essential with raising my children.
Excellent company.
Recruiter Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 8, 2012
Pros: excellent company.
Cons: no cons.
Provided administrative support (with additional functions as deemed required) to help assure all operational needs are met.
Built and maintained relationship with field and internal employees.
Accurate completion of employee files including pre-employment screenings.
Managed compliance in accordance with Joint Commission and company standards.
Worked with existing field employees to keep documents current, active and compliant.
Big office
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2012
Pros: good pay, daily pay, nice office staff, work when you want.
Cons: not enough concern for patient care.
Friendly office staff. They had top pay for traveling medical professionals and a lot of BIG contracts with large hospitals. I enjoyed the flexibility of the schedule. Daily pay was offered and insurance but most people did not like the insurance. I left because the office manager was more concerned with keeping contracted facilities happy than they were with quality patient care.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
CNA/SITTER - (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK. YOU JUST SIT AND TALK WITH THE PATIENTS AND KEEP THEM COMPANY. ASSIST THEM TO THE RESTROOM IF NEEDED ALSO HELP THEM FEED THEMSELVES IF THEY NEED HELP. WHILE IM AT WORK I ALSO LEARN DIFFERENT WAYS TO HELP KEEP PATIENTS CALM. BUT THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN PATIENTS DO GET UP SET AND YOU CAN'T GET THEM TO CALM DOWN THEN WE HAVE TO RESTRAIN THEM. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN IT ALL OVER AND IM GOING HOME TO GET READY FOR THE NEXT DAY AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN
Headquarters