Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Wonderful Company to Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, IL10 September 2016
The pay is good. I make my own schedule. The management is great. I love that I get experience in many different areas. When hired by this company I was made aware that I would be per diem. I have seen many complaints about not having a steady schedule. However, that should be expected when working per diem. If you expect a certain number of hours then a per diem job is not right for you.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM30 August 2016
A decent agency to work for.The pay scale was good and I had no problems getting shifts. They found me plenty of shifts in an acute care setting wich I prefered.
Great company for prn work!
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 August 2016
I have had good experiences working prn as a School Nurse. My role gives me a chance to work in different settings, which I have found rewarding. The management is easy to work with as far as picking and choosing when I am able to work. Overall a good experience!
Pros
very flexible calendar-prn, variety of settings
Cons
no mileage reimbursement, pay could be better
A healthy and growing work place with lots of oppurtunitys to expand my learning and growing.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA26 August 2016
My work days are often good ones. I enjoy what I do for a living and that is the best part of my job. Making people smile and knowing that your around to help someone get through their day. I have a good team the management I love them. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I cant heal all. I try my very best but I know that it is only so much I can do since I'm only human. the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. knowing that everyday I am helping someone recover, get well, or making their last days pleasant.
Pros
climbing the latter, and learning!
Constant change in Management
C.N.A./Independent Contractor / FT. student (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FL19 August 2016
Although over all this is not a bad place to work for, it lacks stability and reliability of long term job employment. Job are spottie and seberatic with no consistency in any set schedule.
You get to meet different people from all walks of life.
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, IL19 August 2016
I've met some generally nice people working here, some that actually poured wisdom/advice into me. There are no benefits or raises, and their policy says "temp to hire" but so far it has not happened to me.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The assignments are short term
fun place to work
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA15 August 2016
its a good environment if you need to brush up on your nursing skills before you get a hospital job or if your a nurse that has had a office job for a while now and you are looking to brush up your nursing skills this place is for you competitive pay great job locations and great referral bonus. refer a CNA get $150 refer an LVN get $350 and refer RN get $700 not bad
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not so many hours when its slow
Control your own Paycheck / No room for advancement
Allied Health Travel Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL15 August 2016
At Medical Staffing Network-

Your typical day will be sitting in front of a computer all day, cold calling until you get some traveling health care professionals. Then it is matching up the HCPs to the hundreds of open jobs, while also digging for new leads.

You will learn a lot about the health care system placement inner workings and specialties and how to problem solve. Your travelers will call with problems every week. (some every day)

Management lacked experience with confilict resolution, which would have been valuable with 7 recruiters vying for leads every day.

Co workers- Competitive and sometimes over the line. But overall OK.

Hardest part of the job was psychological for me. Having to convince health care workers to uproot their lives for a little bit bigger of a paycheck around the country didn't always sit right with me.

Most enjoyable part was landing someone a job, with good pay, in a place they wanted to go instead of selling them to a position.
Pros
Run it like your own business
Cons
Slow Computers, Old System, Constant process changes
Not a good place to work
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VA4 August 2016
Things were not depicted as was stated when I interviewed. Management was horrible and very unprofessional. There was no real training in the office that I was at and at time I felt lost. I did not see any room for growth and the atmosphere and company moral was at a low.
Pros
Had great co workers
Cons
To Many to name
FINANCIAL SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 July 2016
I enjoyed working in the medical field;
hated to see the company leave Houston.
We were like family there and had a job work/Life Balance.
Linden Medical Center
Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 July 2016
Working at Linden Medical Center allowed me to learn clinical as well as administrative healthcare.
I worked with billing, coding and health information management.
I recommend this facility to the new Medical Assistant that would like a variety of experiences.
Great JOB
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Independence, OH6 July 2016
Great team to work for .Only problem is working all year around because employment is only available during the school year.
Excellent place to work
Per-Diem Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL26 June 2016
Fast paced environment, exactly what I like. I learned ALOT at MSN. I was able to advance from the Corporate payroll dept to the Per Diem Payroll Dept. Management was top notch, they actually cared about their employee's and did whatever they could to make them comfortable. Co-workers were always nice and extremely helpful.
Pros
All of the above
Great Experience
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Independence, OH26 June 2016
A typical day at work will be processing 80 claims, prisoner health care billing and consistently using Microsoft Suite.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Payroll
Below average
CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 June 2016
Pay is not competitive with other local agencies in the area, branch is not supportive of staff, showed no appreciation for staff during CNA week, staffs very few facilities, your personal life means absolutely nothing to the branch manager even if there is a death in your family he expects you to commit to the shift.
Pros
Work when you want to work, daily pay
Cons
Very few shifts available
Excellent company I ever worked for
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL 6055524 June 2016
This was one of the best healthcare company I ever worked for. They care about the patients and staff. They give back to the communities
I love these guys
CNA (Current Employee) –  Meridian, ID21 June 2016
They are the best staffing agency I have worked for...in my 17yr career as a CNA. Good communication and reasonable expectations, unlike other medica staffing companys.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hours become low at certain times of year, like all staffing agencies
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK16 June 2016
I enjoyed my employment at Maxim. Would recommend it to friends and associates, Nothing available in my current location.
Pros
Per Diem/daily pay
Opportunity to work with patients
Mental Health Counselor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL14 June 2016
Typical day was working with patients one-on-one and assisting new patients; following up with treatment plan; learning new things each day to assist the patient; good management; enjoyed working with co-workers; hardest part of job was non-accomplishments; enjoyable part of job was having an opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Making a difference in patients lives.
Cons
Lack of healthcare.
Work when you want to
CNA (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 122035 June 2016
Pick your days and shift you want to work.
NO sick, personal or vacation time
Pay is negotiable
Travel is not to bad
Pick the places you want to go
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
travel, no pay sick, personal or vacation time.