Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Temp Agency
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 March 2017
Medical staffing network is a temp agency they find places for people to work. It is located in Beltsville Maryland. some of the places they send you to are far distance from Baltimore city
great medical agency to work for
CNA1/Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC10 March 2017
The most I enjoyed was the flexibility of scheduling my own self on a weekly basis. The recruiters are great and work closely with each employee. Nice!
Pros
great opporunities to earn more money
Cons
Short breaks
staffing agency
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL3 March 2017
The typical assignment was going to various doctors offices where needed . In working with different clinics the duties were similar in some cases . The hard part of some positions is learning how each establishment operates .
Pros
frequent continuing education
Cons
working at various locations
Surgery was my Forte'
Registered Nurse Masters (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 February 2017
I learned nearly everything I know because of Parkland Hospital. Wonderful ambience for learning, diversification, excellent opportunities for advanced education and a supportive group of people willing to help those seeking assistance.

It was a teaching hospital and the majority of people were after advanced education - Wonderful Experience! I earned my BSN and MSN there.
Pros
Very Professionally minded
Cons
Not enough time to chart (electronically) the short cases
Supplemental Services
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH25 February 2017
A typical day was answering phones, filing, conducting interviews, employment references, obtaining time sheets and employees availability for our contracted clients. I had learned Human Resources, Payroll, Recruiting, and maintaining current client satisfaction and acquiring new clients. The hardest part of the job was making decisions while Branch Manager was out of office. Decisions was made correctly. Enjoyable part of the job was knowing everything was done correctly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Knowledge of office skills
Cons
Merger
not much contact
Agency Nurse/ correctional nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL24 February 2017
they supplied a full time position at the prison for many years. i picked up timeslip and dropped them off once a week at their office on Hwy 200.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no affordable insurance
Great people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI23 February 2017
Try to keep u busy even during slow times. Helpful when u need help. Explain procedures. The shop also has wonderful people no experience needed. Great people to train also
Pros
They have a otr home weekends or a 4-4 schudule
Cons
Only allowed one day off at a time unless u have vacation pay
Flexible work schedule
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK18 February 2017
MSN provides PRN and contract work for those in the medical and allied health fields who want to manage their own schedules and earn a higher rate of pay.
x ray
x ray tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 February 2017
Float pool, their staff was very helpful. medical staff, doctors and even managers were very pleasant and helpful. the ortho and sports med doctors could be needy, but within reason. great place for a more experienced tech.
Pros
free lunches, donuts some times.
Cons
some times a long drive to/ from office
Great Place to work.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH7 February 2017
Great place to work, lots of opportunity to progress and train.A great place to train and educate patient as to the proper and safe use of all equipment. The work place was great and pleasurable.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short tern contract
Challange of PRN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA7 February 2017
Keep in mind that this is a as needed position in a variety areas:
work load very heavy
Staff unfriendly
Poor team work
Unfamiliarity of environment
Poor communication within staff
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
See above
Productive and Educational
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN25 January 2017
A typical day was filing medical records, pre-certifying insurance, coding, check patients in and out of the clinic.

I learned about different insurance guidelines, different codes and modifiers, and collect on outstanding receivables.

Management had a open door policy. The workplace culture was great.

The hardest part of my job was trying to collect a payment over the phone. The most enjoyable part of my job was I got to help people with their health.
Pros
Catered lunches, Education
Cons
Short breaks
Production position
Mobility Rep. Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 January 2017
Typical day was to assist customers via telephone with their medical equipment needs. Call company that handled the particular type of equipment needed in order for the equipment be manufactured. Keep customer updated as to the status of the order. Contact customer once medical equipment is ready and arrange for delivery. Collect outstanding balance owed to company. Customers were from many different states.

Learned a lot about how durable medical equipment, especially lifts and scooters, were ordered, manufactured and delivered. Collection for this type of equipment.

Management - My immediate supervisor was very nice, professional and helpful whenever you needed assistance.

Hardest part of the day was sitting for 8 hours with a headset on.

Most enjoyable was assisting customers with their needs. Working with the different companies to place order for each individuals needs.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Sitting in one spot for 8 hours.
Very fullfilling work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CA17 January 2017
Loved working here, everyone was so dedicated to helping the kids. Learned a lot about PR and social services. My supervisor was very supportive of my growth professionally.
enjoyed workig for the company
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 18 years (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH17 January 2017
I worked off site at schools with medical fragile children. I found the company to be employee orientated. A typical day included meeting the client at the curb and riding the school bus and assisting the pediatric client with any and all the medical care during the scheduled school hours. Respirtory and physical needs.
Pros
working off site
Cons
I really dont have any really enjoyed working for the company
See my MSN review
Account Manager/Collector/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL17 January 2017
Good working environment and good management. Coworkers were helpful and nice for the most part. Work was easy but you were able to stay busy all day.
Pros
Cons
Pay could have been better
Great place for contact jobs.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR5 January 2017
Great place for contract positions. Very flexible with scheduling. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management willing to listen to concerns.
Pros
Great working opportunity for contact positions.
Cons
having to wait between contract renewals
Medical Support Assistant/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA5 January 2017
Work experience is great with a very flexible schedule and cross trained in many different departments. I would definitely recommend friends or family to work for this agency.
Worst Place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH3 January 2017
The worst place to work for. I had to wait for two weeks to get paid and I had to keep calling them about my paycheck. Poor management and very unprofessional. They also called me and ask me to work at a facility and when they asked me I said yes and they didn't have record of me working, and I had to call the facility to verify that I was there when they should have done that, so pitiful, so just beware!
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Florence, KY31 December 2016
Great place to work, very professional staff and management, and working with the patients is a very rewarding experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.