Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Control your own Paycheck / No room for advancement
Allied Health Travel Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL15 August 2016
At Medical Staffing Network-

Your typical day will be sitting in front of a computer all day, cold calling until you get some traveling health care professionals. Then it is matching up the HCPs to the hundreds of open jobs, while also digging for new leads.

You will learn a lot about the health care system placement inner workings and specialties and how to problem solve. Your travelers will call with problems every week. (some every day)

Management lacked experience with confilict resolution, which would have been valuable with 7 recruiters vying for leads every day.

Co workers- Competitive and sometimes over the line. But overall OK.

Hardest part of the job was psychological for me. Having to convince health care workers to uproot their lives for a little bit bigger of a paycheck around the country didn't always sit right with me.

Most enjoyable part was landing someone a job, with good pay, in a place they wanted to go instead of selling them to a position.
Pros
Run it like your own business
Cons
Slow Computers, Old System, Constant process changes
A healthy and growing work place with lots of oppurtunitys to expand my learning and growing.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA26 August 2016
My work days are often good ones. I enjoy what I do for a living and that is the best part of my job. Making people smile and knowing that your around to help someone get through their day. I have a good team the management I love them. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I cant heal all. I try my very best but I know that it is only so much I can do since I'm only human. the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. knowing that everyday I am helping someone recover, get well, or making their last days pleasant.
Pros
climbing the latter, and learning!
Great co workers
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL20 September 2016
My boss is AWESOME!!! However, there was no raises and they decided to close my branch with ZERO notice!!! Not cool! The bonus structure sucks! Again, my boss is amazing! She made this job awesome
Pros
Awesome nurses, great co workers
Cons
No raises
You get to meet different people from all walks of life.
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, IL19 August 2016
I've met some generally nice people working here, some that actually poured wisdom/advice into me. There are no benefits or raises, and their policy says "temp to hire" but so far it has not happened to me.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The assignments are short term
Management does not stand with employees
LPN (Former Employee) –  York, PA14 November 2016
I had a problem with one facility who had a really bad computer system with orders that were hard to follow, made a med error and was made inactive for 6 mos to a year without providing me with the proof of error. I enjoyed my time with the company and had many different experiences. Co-workers that I had a chance to meet were friendly. I had many different experiences that I otherwise wouldn't have had. The hardest part was learning facility policies and computer systems, some didn't give adequate orientation.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Management does not stick by their employees
okay
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR24 April 2016
very micro managed. you need to be organized, able to work under pressure, and able to multitask. its a staffing agency so you'll get needs called in to work but you'll be taking miscellaneous calls in between that can distract you. the job isn't hard at all but it can be frustrating.

i have not been there for a year yet but its no secret that the company does not give raises which im not fine with.there are monthly raise which are about 100 but they aren't guaranteed. there are opportunities to pick up OT on other shifts if there is a call offs which is great. overall its an okay job.
Pros
bonus every month
Cons
no raises
Wonderful Healthcare Staffing Agency for Nursing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 November 2016
Management is wonderful, and they always work around your schedule. The pay is very competitive as well. They are a nationwide company.
Flexability
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA2 November 2016
You can't beat the flexibility. Hours can very. Able to make your own schedule. Benefits offered. Management is very helpful. Every day is a different day. And if you don't like a facility you don't have to return/
Create your own work schedule.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS3 February 2016
Working for this company is wonderful, you get to set your own hours, travel, meet new people (both other nursing staff and other patients), and work in varying environments. The down side to this job is that other staffing agencies pay significantly better and have better benefits. The ability to move from a retirement facility to a hospital is nearly impossible (unless you have previous experience in both). Also the ability to advance in your career in the medical field is non-existent. You really don't see to much of your co-workers, management is awesome.
Cons
healthcare, hours, pay, advancement
Wonderful Company to Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, IL10 September 2016
The pay is good. I make my own schedule. The management is great. I love that I get experience in many different areas. When hired by this company I was made aware that I would be per diem. I have seen many complaints about not having a steady schedule. However, that should be expected when working per diem. If you expect a certain number of hours then a per diem job is not right for you.
Fair work place, not consistant
Assisting all patient's (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 8370918 April 2016
Company is fair to work for., like any company. They play favorite's with employee's, paying more for friendship than experience. Overall, company is ok.
They are inconsistent with hours and promise security of hours with downfalls and use excuse's to cover their butts., than to take the blame for making a promise to cover their employee's.
Pros
Choices of jobs, pay, benefits
Cons
Advancement in minimal, consistancy, consistant work hours
fun place to work
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA15 August 2016
its a good environment if you need to brush up on your nursing skills before you get a hospital job or if your a nurse that has had a office job for a while now and you are looking to brush up your nursing skills this place is for you competitive pay great job locations and great referral bonus. refer a CNA get $150 refer an LVN get $350 and refer RN get $700 not bad
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not so many hours when its slow
Great company for prn work!
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 August 2016
I have had good experiences working prn as a School Nurse. My role gives me a chance to work in different settings, which I have found rewarding. The management is easy to work with as far as picking and choosing when I am able to work. Overall a good experience!
Pros
very flexible calendar-prn, variety of settings
Cons
no mileage reimbursement, pay could be better
Not a good place to work
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VA4 August 2016
Things were not depicted as was stated when I interviewed. Management was horrible and very unprofessional. There was no real training in the office that I was at and at time I felt lost. I did not see any room for growth and the atmosphere and company moral was at a low.
Pros
Had great co workers
Cons
To Many to name
Management is steady
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 November 2016
Management is willing to work around your schedule, however you are a agent on contract so there are times that the hospital cancels your shifts and you can go several days without working
Opportunity to work with patients
Mental Health Counselor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL14 June 2016
Typical day was working with patients one-on-one and assisting new patients; following up with treatment plan; learning new things each day to assist the patient; good management; enjoyed working with co-workers; hardest part of job was non-accomplishments; enjoyable part of job was having an opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Making a difference in patients lives.
Cons
Lack of healthcare.
Excellent place to work
Per-Diem Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL26 June 2016
Fast paced environment, exactly what I like. I learned ALOT at MSN. I was able to advance from the Corporate payroll dept to the Per Diem Payroll Dept. Management was top notch, they actually cared about their employee's and did whatever they could to make them comfortable. Co-workers were always nice and extremely helpful.
Pros
All of the above
Below average
CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 June 2016
Pay is not competitive with other local agencies in the area, branch is not supportive of staff, showed no appreciation for staff during CNA week, staffs very few facilities, your personal life means absolutely nothing to the branch manager even if there is a death in your family he expects you to commit to the shift.
Pros
Work when you want to work, daily pay
Cons
Very few shifts available
great place to work threw. great managment. they care about what u want.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 February 2016
since being employed with them they keep up make sure u r happy and things r going good. And also ask if u need anything. They keep up with your accomplishments and seeing how well u do at your job, and they will reward you and with raise too.
Pros
paid for CPR. help as much as they can and try get anything that you need.
Cons
no vacations. no sick days.
Linden Medical Center
Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 July 2016
Working at Linden Medical Center allowed me to learn clinical as well as administrative healthcare.
I worked with billing, coding and health information management.
I recommend this facility to the new Medical Assistant that would like a variety of experiences.