Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Productive and Educational
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN25 January 2017
A typical day was filing medical records, pre-certifying insurance, coding, check patients in and out of the clinic.

I learned about different insurance guidelines, different codes and modifiers, and collect on outstanding receivables.

Management had a open door policy. The workplace culture was great.

The hardest part of my job was trying to collect a payment over the phone. The most enjoyable part of my job was I got to help people with their health.
Pros
Catered lunches, Education
Cons
Short breaks
enjoyed workig for the company
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 18 years (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH17 January 2017
I worked off site at schools with medical fragile children. I found the company to be employee orientated. A typical day included meeting the client at the curb and riding the school bus and assisting the pediatric client with any and all the medical care during the scheduled school hours. Respirtory and physical needs.
Pros
working off site
Cons
I really dont have any really enjoyed working for the company
Worst Place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH3 January 2017
The worst place to work for. I had to wait for two weeks to get paid and I had to keep calling them about my paycheck. Poor management and very unprofessional. They also called me and ask me to work at a facility and when they asked me I said yes and they didn't have record of me working, and I had to call the facility to verify that I was there when they should have done that, so pitiful, so just beware!
Management does not stand with employees
LPN (Former Employee) –  York, PA14 November 2016
I had a problem with one facility who had a really bad computer system with orders that were hard to follow, made a med error and was made inactive for 6 mos to a year without providing me with the proof of error. I enjoyed my time with the company and had many different experiences. Co-workers that I had a chance to meet were friendly. I had many different experiences that I otherwise wouldn't have had. The hardest part was learning facility policies and computer systems, some didn't give adequate orientation.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Management does not stick by their employees
Medical Staffing Network
Health services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL15 December 2016
It was a pleasure working here, the staff is very professional and the schedule is very flexible. There is also a range of settings in which you can work. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course the fulfillment of helping people on a daily basis. The hardest part I would have to say is the lack of benefits and low pay-since it is a staffing agency.
Good Experience
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS17 October 2016
This is a company to get a lot of skills and learn different skills by going to so many different Health Care Facilities. The hardest part of the job is not knowing everyones routines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the taking care of so many people and giving them the care that they need/needed to get better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Canceling of shifts peridocally
x ray
x ray tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 February 2017
Float pool, their staff was very helpful. medical staff, doctors and even managers were very pleasant and helpful. the ortho and sports med doctors could be needy, but within reason. great place for a more experienced tech.
Pros
free lunches, donuts some times.
Cons
some times a long drive to/ from office
The worst staffing agency i ever work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson health miami25 September 2016
This people locked out you if the employer wants you permanently with them. They pay very low then national average...I found out that the Medical Assistant in this place making $17 hours
Just the new MA or entry levels and this MSN pay $12.47...see how much they taking from you every hour.....no wandering they keeping you contracted.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Great place for contact jobs.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR5 January 2017
Great place for contract positions. Very flexible with scheduling. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management willing to listen to concerns.
Pros
Great working opportunity for contact positions.
Cons
having to wait between contract renewals
Production position
Mobility Rep. Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 January 2017
Typical day was to assist customers via telephone with their medical equipment needs. Call company that handled the particular type of equipment needed in order for the equipment be manufactured. Keep customer updated as to the status of the order. Contact customer once medical equipment is ready and arrange for delivery. Collect outstanding balance owed to company. Customers were from many different states.

Learned a lot about how durable medical equipment, especially lifts and scooters, were ordered, manufactured and delivered. Collection for this type of equipment.

Management - My immediate supervisor was very nice, professional and helpful whenever you needed assistance.

Hardest part of the day was sitting for 8 hours with a headset on.

Most enjoyable was assisting customers with their needs. Working with the different companies to place order for each individuals needs.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Sitting in one spot for 8 hours.
Wonderful Company to Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, IL10 September 2016
The pay is good. I make my own schedule. The management is great. I love that I get experience in many different areas. When hired by this company I was made aware that I would be per diem. I have seen many complaints about not having a steady schedule. However, that should be expected when working per diem. If you expect a certain number of hours then a per diem job is not right for you.
A healthy and growing work place with lots of oppurtunitys to expand my learning and growing.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA26 August 2016
My work days are often good ones. I enjoy what I do for a living and that is the best part of my job. Making people smile and knowing that your around to help someone get through their day. I have a good team the management I love them. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I cant heal all. I try my very best but I know that it is only so much I can do since I'm only human. the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. knowing that everyday I am helping someone recover, get well, or making their last days pleasant.
Pros
climbing the latter, and learning!
No Per Diem
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida3 December 2016
False advertising regarding Per Diem positions.
Submit required information, no call back, or if they do, thecwant you to do a Travel contract with them.
They have No Per Diem, as advertised.
Cons
Failure to reply about advertised Per Diem positions. Old Bait and Switch routine.
Great Place to work.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH7 February 2017
Great place to work, lots of opportunity to progress and train.A great place to train and educate patient as to the proper and safe use of all equipment. The work place was great and pleasurable.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short tern contract
Can be a great company to work, the co-workers are OK,
Histotechnican 3rd shift (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 September 2016
I've worked with the firm since graduation, 1985,most assignments are really nice and i usually end up staying with a position for several years, but i didn't care for this last assignment, so i'am seeking a better position.
Pros
Better if you take out of state assigments
Cons
some managers are difficult
Always loved my schedule and work status.
Registered Nurse, Agency Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY3 October 2016
There was always chances for learning new information. Everyone worked together as a team member there was no individual team. No matter how busy the day was everyone worked together to get the orders completed each and every shift.
Pros
CLOSE TO HOME
Cons
OVERTIME
fun place to work
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA15 August 2016
its a good environment if you need to brush up on your nursing skills before you get a hospital job or if your a nurse that has had a office job for a while now and you are looking to brush up your nursing skills this place is for you competitive pay great job locations and great referral bonus. refer a CNA get $150 refer an LVN get $350 and refer RN get $700 not bad
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not so many hours when its slow
Great company for prn work!
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 August 2016
I have had good experiences working prn as a School Nurse. My role gives me a chance to work in different settings, which I have found rewarding. The management is easy to work with as far as picking and choosing when I am able to work. Overall a good experience!
Pros
very flexible calendar-prn, variety of settings
Cons
no mileage reimbursement, pay could be better
Challange of PRN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA7 February 2017
Keep in mind that this is a as needed position in a variety areas:
work load very heavy
Staff unfriendly
Poor team work
Unfamiliarity of environment
Poor communication within staff
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
See above
See my MSN review
Account Manager/Collector/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL17 January 2017
Good working environment and good management. Coworkers were helpful and nice for the most part. Work was easy but you were able to stay busy all day.
Pros
Cons
Pay could have been better