Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

You get to meet different people from all walks of life.
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILAugust 19, 2016
I've met some generally nice people working here, some that actually poured wisdom/advice into me. There are no benefits or raises, and their policy says "temp to hire" but so far it has not happened to me.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The assignments are short term
fun place to work
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2016
its a good environment if you need to brush up on your nursing skills before you get a hospital job or if your a nurse that has had a office job for a while now and you are looking to brush up your nursing skills this place is for you competitive pay great job locations and great referral bonus. refer a CNA get $150 refer an LVN get $350 and refer RN get $700 not bad
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not so many hours when its slow
Control your own Paycheck / No room for advancement
Allied Health Travel Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 15, 2016
At Medical Staffing Network-

Your typical day will be sitting in front of a computer all day, cold calling until you get some traveling health care professionals. Then it is matching up the HCPs to the hundreds of open jobs, while also digging for new leads.

You will learn a lot about the health care system placement inner workings and specialties and how to problem solve. Your travelers will call with problems every week. (some every day)

Management lacked experience with confilict resolution, which would have been valuable with 7 recruiters vying for leads every day.

Co workers- Competitive and sometimes over the line. But overall OK.

Hardest part of the job was psychological for me. Having to convince health care workers to uproot their lives for a little bit bigger of a paycheck around the country didn't always sit right with me.

Most enjoyable part was landing someone a job, with good pay, in a place they wanted to go instead of selling them to a position.
Pros
Run it like your own business
Cons
Slow Computers, Old System, Constant process changes
Not a good place to work
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 4, 2016
Things were not depicted as was stated when I interviewed. Management was horrible and very unprofessional. There was no real training in the office that I was at and at time I felt lost. I did not see any room for growth and the atmosphere and company moral was at a low.
Pros
Had great co workers
Cons
To Many to name
FINANCIAL SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed working in the medical field;
hated to see the company leave Houston.
We were like family there and had a job work/Life Balance.
Linden Medical Center
Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2016
Working at Linden Medical Center allowed me to learn clinical as well as administrative healthcare.
I worked with billing, coding and health information management.
I recommend this facility to the new Medical Assistant that would like a variety of experiences.
Great JOB
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 6, 2016
Great team to work for .Only problem is working all year around because employment is only available during the school year.
Excellent place to work
Per-Diem Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2016
Fast paced environment, exactly what I like. I learned ALOT at MSN. I was able to advance from the Corporate payroll dept to the Per Diem Payroll Dept. Management was top notch, they actually cared about their employee's and did whatever they could to make them comfortable. Co-workers were always nice and extremely helpful.
Pros
All of the above
Great Experience
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work will be processing 80 claims, prisoner health care billing and consistently using Microsoft Suite.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Payroll
Below average
CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2016
Pay is not competitive with other local agencies in the area, branch is not supportive of staff, showed no appreciation for staff during CNA week, staffs very few facilities, your personal life means absolutely nothing to the branch manager even if there is a death in your family he expects you to commit to the shift.
Pros
Work when you want to work, daily pay
Cons
Very few shifts available
Excellent company I ever worked for
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL 60555June 24, 2016
This was one of the best healthcare company I ever worked for. They care about the patients and staff. They give back to the communities
I love these guys
CNA (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 21, 2016
They are the best staffing agency I have worked for...in my 17yr career as a CNA. Good communication and reasonable expectations, unlike other medica staffing companys.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hours become low at certain times of year, like all staffing agencies
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed my employment at Maxim. Would recommend it to friends and associates, Nothing available in my current location.
Pros
Per Diem/daily pay
Opportunity to work with patients
Mental Health Counselor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJune 14, 2016
Typical day was working with patients one-on-one and assisting new patients; following up with treatment plan; learning new things each day to assist the patient; good management; enjoyed working with co-workers; hardest part of job was non-accomplishments; enjoyable part of job was having an opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Making a difference in patients lives.
Cons
Lack of healthcare.
Work when you want to
CNA (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12203June 5, 2016
Pick your days and shift you want to work.
NO sick, personal or vacation time
Pay is negotiable
Travel is not to bad
Pick the places you want to go
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
travel, no pay sick, personal or vacation time.
I love what I do
State Tested Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 4, 2016
Working for Medical Staffing Network has given me the opportunity to explore different facilities and meet amazing people. It has given me the chance to be able to work with some of the best nurses and aides who love what they do and come in and show it.
Depending on where I am being sent a typical day would consist of me going into a facility that I am assigned to and meet with the supervisor. From there I get my assignment and meet with my fellow coworkers and I begin my work. I'm the type that like to finish my work and help others finish theirs to so we can all be in a good place by the end of the shift and the next shift is set up for success. I love meeting my residents and being able to move around to different facilities. My patients make me happy cause they actually appreciate the help I provide and I get to here stories from back in the day. Hardest part of my job is when you can have someone who is healthy as a horse one day and then come in the next and found out they have passed away, so it does kind of hurt but you learn to cope with it and understand it may never get easy but you do know they are in a better place.
good company
Accounts Receivables Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2016
Great atmosphere within the collections department. Great Team work to meet set deadlines. Learned how to manage a team of 10 collectors and work with difficult accounts.
not the best company
nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2016
No work once you jump thru there hoops. Just recruiting for their paychecks not the employees. Underpaid for current pay levels.
Pros
Cons
no work
Choice of hours
LPN PRN (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 12, 2016
I like being able to pick and choose my own hours. The staffers are friendly. A good company to work for. I like this company.
Fast paced busy position
Medical Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 11, 2016
This position can be extremely stressful, you need to be fast and think on your feet. It is a constant change and you must walk a fine line with your employees and clients to keep both happy.
Pros
worked with some great staffers
Cons
a lot of pressure