Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Medical Staffing Network
Health services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL15 December 2016
It was a pleasure working here, the staff is very professional and the schedule is very flexible. There is also a range of settings in which you can work. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course the fulfillment of helping people on a daily basis. The hardest part I would have to say is the lack of benefits and low pay-since it is a staffing agency.
Flexability
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA2 November 2016
You can't beat the flexibility. Hours can very. Able to make your own schedule. Benefits offered. Management is very helpful. Every day is a different day. And if you don't like a facility you don't have to return/
Great co workers
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL20 September 2016
My boss is AWESOME!!! However, there was no raises and they decided to close my branch with ZERO notice!!! Not cool! The bonus structure sucks! Again, my boss is amazing! She made this job awesome
Pros
Awesome nurses, great co workers
Cons
No raises
You get to meet different people from all walks of life.
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, IL19 August 2016
I've met some generally nice people working here, some that actually poured wisdom/advice into me. There are no benefits or raises, and their policy says "temp to hire" but so far it has not happened to me.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The assignments are short term
okay
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR24 April 2016
very micro managed. you need to be organized, able to work under pressure, and able to multitask. its a staffing agency so you'll get needs called in to work but you'll be taking miscellaneous calls in between that can distract you. the job isn't hard at all but it can be frustrating.

i have not been there for a year yet but its no secret that the company does not give raises which im not fine with.there are monthly raise which are about 100 but they aren't guaranteed. there are opportunities to pick up OT on other shifts if there is a call offs which is great. overall its an okay job.
Pros
bonus every month
Cons
no raises
Fair work place, not consistant
Assisting all patient's (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 8370918 April 2016
Company is fair to work for., like any company. They play favorite's with employee's, paying more for friendship than experience. Overall, company is ok.
They are inconsistent with hours and promise security of hours with downfalls and use excuse's to cover their butts., than to take the blame for making a promise to cover their employee's.
Pros
Choices of jobs, pay, benefits
Cons
Advancement in minimal, consistancy, consistant work hours
Create your own work schedule.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS3 February 2016
Working for this company is wonderful, you get to set your own hours, travel, meet new people (both other nursing staff and other patients), and work in varying environments. The down side to this job is that other staffing agencies pay significantly better and have better benefits. The ability to move from a retirement facility to a hospital is nearly impossible (unless you have previous experience in both). Also the ability to advance in your career in the medical field is non-existent. You really don't see to much of your co-workers, management is awesome.
Cons
healthcare, hours, pay, advancement
Production position
Mobility Rep. Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 January 2017
Typical day was to assist customers via telephone with their medical equipment needs. Call company that handled the particular type of equipment needed in order for the equipment be manufactured. Keep customer updated as to the status of the order. Contact customer once medical equipment is ready and arrange for delivery. Collect outstanding balance owed to company. Customers were from many different states.

Learned a lot about how durable medical equipment, especially lifts and scooters, were ordered, manufactured and delivered. Collection for this type of equipment.

Management - My immediate supervisor was very nice, professional and helpful whenever you needed assistance.

Hardest part of the day was sitting for 8 hours with a headset on.

Most enjoyable was assisting customers with their needs. Working with the different companies to place order for each individuals needs.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Sitting in one spot for 8 hours.
Management does not stand with employees
LPN (Former Employee) –  York, PA14 November 2016
I had a problem with one facility who had a really bad computer system with orders that were hard to follow, made a med error and was made inactive for 6 mos to a year without providing me with the proof of error. I enjoyed my time with the company and had many different experiences. Co-workers that I had a chance to meet were friendly. I had many different experiences that I otherwise wouldn't have had. The hardest part was learning facility policies and computer systems, some didn't give adequate orientation.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Management does not stick by their employees
Control your own Paycheck / No room for advancement
Allied Health Travel Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL15 August 2016
At Medical Staffing Network-

Your typical day will be sitting in front of a computer all day, cold calling until you get some traveling health care professionals. Then it is matching up the HCPs to the hundreds of open jobs, while also digging for new leads.

You will learn a lot about the health care system placement inner workings and specialties and how to problem solve. Your travelers will call with problems every week. (some every day)

Management lacked experience with confilict resolution, which would have been valuable with 7 recruiters vying for leads every day.

Co workers- Competitive and sometimes over the line. But overall OK.

Hardest part of the job was psychological for me. Having to convince health care workers to uproot their lives for a little bit bigger of a paycheck around the country didn't always sit right with me.

Most enjoyable part was landing someone a job, with good pay, in a place they wanted to go instead of selling them to a position.
Pros
Run it like your own business
Cons
Slow Computers, Old System, Constant process changes
Wonderful Company to Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, IL10 September 2016
The pay is good. I make my own schedule. The management is great. I love that I get experience in many different areas. When hired by this company I was made aware that I would be per diem. I have seen many complaints about not having a steady schedule. However, that should be expected when working per diem. If you expect a certain number of hours then a per diem job is not right for you.
A healthy and growing work place with lots of oppurtunitys to expand my learning and growing.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA26 August 2016
My work days are often good ones. I enjoy what I do for a living and that is the best part of my job. Making people smile and knowing that your around to help someone get through their day. I have a good team the management I love them. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I cant heal all. I try my very best but I know that it is only so much I can do since I'm only human. the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. knowing that everyday I am helping someone recover, get well, or making their last days pleasant.
Pros
climbing the latter, and learning!
great place to work threw. great managment. they care about what u want.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 February 2016
since being employed with them they keep up make sure u r happy and things r going good. And also ask if u need anything. They keep up with your accomplishments and seeing how well u do at your job, and they will reward you and with raise too.
Pros
paid for CPR. help as much as they can and try get anything that you need.
Cons
no vacations. no sick days.
Worst Place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH3 January 2017
The worst place to work for. I had to wait for two weeks to get paid and I had to keep calling them about my paycheck. Poor management and very unprofessional. They also called me and ask me to work at a facility and when they asked me I said yes and they didn't have record of me working, and I had to call the facility to verify that I was there when they should have done that, so pitiful, so just beware!
Wonderful Healthcare Staffing Agency for Nursing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 November 2016
Management is wonderful, and they always work around your schedule. The pay is very competitive as well. They are a nationwide company.
Great place for contact jobs.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR5 January 2017
Great place for contract positions. Very flexible with scheduling. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management willing to listen to concerns.
Pros
Great working opportunity for contact positions.
Cons
having to wait between contract renewals
enjoyed workig for the company
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 18 years (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH17 January 2017
I worked off site at schools with medical fragile children. I found the company to be employee orientated. A typical day included meeting the client at the curb and riding the school bus and assisting the pediatric client with any and all the medical care during the scheduled school hours. Respirtory and physical needs.
Pros
working off site
Cons
I really dont have any really enjoyed working for the company
Great company for prn work!
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 August 2016
I have had good experiences working prn as a School Nurse. My role gives me a chance to work in different settings, which I have found rewarding. The management is easy to work with as far as picking and choosing when I am able to work. Overall a good experience!
Pros
very flexible calendar-prn, variety of settings
Cons
no mileage reimbursement, pay could be better
Management is steady
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 November 2016
Management is willing to work around your schedule, however you are a agent on contract so there are times that the hospital cancels your shifts and you can go several days without working
See my MSN review
Account Manager/Collector/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL17 January 2017
Good working environment and good management. Coworkers were helpful and nice for the most part. Work was easy but you were able to stay busy all day.
Pros
Cons
Pay could have been better