ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Medical Marijuana Group of Companies has a position open for a full time Web Developer/Designer to help our small team with a variety of interesting projects.
The successful candidate will work in our Abbotsford location and work with bright, highly motivated people. Our team is close-knit and supportive. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team providing a variety of IT related services to a diverse group of companies. The Medical Marijuana Group of Companies needs to ensure the candidate is a good fit for our environment. Therefore a 3-month probation period will be in place. After which a secured full-time position may be obtained.
- Work in Abbotsford office (M-F)
- Primary focus is web based graphic design, website development, graphics slicing, CSS content styling
- Create multiple new website concepts to present to the team
- Build/maintain custom and template web-sites for our group of companies
- Develop websites on webservers
- Creating websites that are responsive and adaptable to a variety of devices and customers needs
- Help create effective content
- Develop corporate identities
- Provide web technical support
- Weekly meetings
- Project meetings as required
- Daily reporting and task management
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2+ years experience developing websites
- Strong Photoshop skills and good design taste
- Illustrator and Graphics programs
- Microsoft Office
- Basic Flash
- Strong communication skills relating to troubleshooting and training staff and clients how to us the websites.
SKILLS THAT HELP:
- Advanced Flash
- Digital Video
- Social Networking: Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Linkedin, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest
- Understanding of internet and mobile technologies, trends, apps and SEO
- Print material graphics design (business cards, posters, letterhead, brochures).
- Strong natural artistic ability
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Effective written and oral communication to non-technical audiences
- Effective at gathering information and using active listening skills
- Coordinate activities with other team members
- Work independently with or without supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and take direction from project manager, team leader and management
- Able to do smaller menial tasks as required
- Always to maintain professional demeanor
- Open minded, not biased regarding medical marijuana
- Strong focus on user experience and user interfaces
- Able to learn quickly
- Understand “good practices” for organizing and backup work. Keeping your computer, clean, optimized and secure.
The position will begin at $52,000.00 per year. A review will be conducted after the 3-month probation period to re-evaluate.
- High School or equivalent
- Post-secondary education highly desired.
If you are interested in this position, please send you resume with a custom cover letter indicating why you feel you are a good candidate.
Fonda Betts, CEO
Medical Marijuana Group of Companies
Indeed - 13 months ago