The Greenleaf Medical Clinic and related companies are industry leaders in the Canadian medical marijuana space.
As an Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper you will be primarily responsible for handling the day-to-day bookkeeping needs of the company(s), along with assisting Management with various administrative related activities including business development and strategy. The Administrative Assistant provides support to all staff in a variety of settings.
Hours and Reporting: Permanent full time position (40 hours/week) reporting directly to the CEO. Salary $45,000.00 per year.
The bookkeeper will ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and have the ability to create and implement new and efficient systems. The bookkeeper must be highly organized, know how to use QuickBooks / Simply Accounting.
Job Responsibilities (Bookkeeping Functions)
- Full-cycle accounting, including AP/AR, bank and account reconciliation, monthly financial statements
- Preparation and submission of government tax (GST/PST) returns and payroll remittances
- Calculate and prepare payroll
- Provide support and training to clinic staff as required (accounting)
- Coordinate all aspects of banking
- Prepare year end information in readiness for annual tax returns
- Resolve accounting issues as they arise
- Manage employee benefits plan
- Reconcile inventory accounts (small number of SKU’s)
Job Responsibilities (Administrative Assistant)
- Maintain confidential records and files
- Open mail
- Prepare agenda’s for meetings
- Take minutes at meetings
- Provide receptionist services (answer phones, direct calls, respond to inquiries)
- Team leader on special projects
- Team player in business development and strategy
- Provide administrative support to ensure that operations are maintained in an effective, up-to-date and accurate manner
Characteristics of Successful Applicant
- At-least 3 years of accounting experience
- Strong QuickBooks knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Compassionate and caring approach to others
- Ability to multi-task
Forward your resume and cover letter.