We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our friendly and fast-growing team!
Founded in February 2012, ShoeMe.ca is currently one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Canada. Primarily selling footwear, our mission is to redefine the online shopping experience for Canadians. To achieve this, we work fervently to offer incredible customer service, the widest selection of brand names, express shipping and a 100-day hassle free return policy.
We believe in working hard and playing hard, and encourage our employees to learn about and understand each other’s' roles and responsibilities through work and social events. This is an incredible opportunity for someone interested in experiencing a fast-paced, startup environment and unleashing their inner entrepreneur. Expect this position to be very hands-on.
As with any start up, individuals on the team have worn many hats. You will be joining as the first Graphic Designer at ShoeMe. You work well with little formal direction and are excited about defining a new creative strategy for a young and growing brand. You will work closely with the CMO and the rest of the marketing organization to help develop and execute on the visual representation of the ShoeMe brand. You will be responsible for brand development, marketing communications strategy and execution. Given the nature of our startup environment, you can expect to participate in a wide variety of projects. Below are some examples, but this will evolve quickly depending on your skills, interests and business needs.
Specifically, you will be tasked with:
- Developing a set of brand guidelines including mood boards, typography, iconography, colour palette and white space standards
- Developing creative assets for use on the website, within marketing channels as well as offline
- Managing the creative development and go-live process
- Proactive A/B testing in conjunction with the front end team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have a diploma and/or relevant work experience in creative design or web design as well as have the following qualities:
- 2+ years experience in graphic design, preferably related to fashion, retail/ecommerce
- Extensive experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Intermediate HTML and CSS required
- Experience with Flash, Creative Suite an asset
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to think on your feet
- Proven ability to work as part of a high-functioning, busy, team-based high tech environment
- Consistent "can-do" attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Please submit a portfolio or samples of work with your resume.
This position is open to local candidates available to work at the ShoeMe offices.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.