Medical Associates Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Registraion
Registration (Current Employee), Baraboo, WINovember 16, 2015
Pros: Patients, Customer satisfaction
Cons: Benefits, Wage
I worked checking in patients. Taking phone calls and setting appointments for patients and establishing patients. Adding insurance cover ,determine what insurance is primary. I also have worked Specialty clinic just learning how to schedule for the Specialty Doctors. My coworkers they vary on how they are some are great and some were not so great. You will have in work field. The most wonderful part of the job is knowing you have made patients satisfied and you have done accomplishments for the patuients wether you get them to be seen or figure out the Insurance to see if they can be seen.
Medical Associates of Northwest Arkansas, MANA 2013-Current
BCBS Commercial Insurance Representative (Current Employee), ARAugust 12, 2014
• Medical billing for Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurances
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Card, Health Advantage,
Federal Blue Cross, Blue Advantage, Blue Cross Exchange, Medipack Advantage
• Maintaining insurance claims, editing claims, pended claims, and denied claims
• Verifying eligibility and benefits
• Verifying claim status
• Reading explanations of benefits
• Filing insurance claims
• Filing corrected claims electronically and paper
• Advanced Health Information Network (AHIN)
• Medical records requests from insurance
• Appealing denied claims
good
Billing and Coding, Receptionist (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: good place to work.benefits and able to learn new procedures and co-workes very helpful.
Every morning I will be collecting Invoices from the patients that received services the day before and make sure to in put charges to the computer system. Balance the money/make deposit to the bank. Keep ledger up to date. Take clients co-pays,call Insurance Companies when clients have any problems. Answer the phone/ schedule appt for following day. Code Diagnosis with ICD-9 and CPT books to receive reimbursement payments to our office. I've learned how to be efficient, to code patients Diagnosis and keep the contability of the facility the best as I can. The hardest part of my job was balancing the money when I found any descripancy.
Great place to work with a fantastic staff
Staff physician in an urgent care setting (Former Employee), ARJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, great staff
Cons: short breaks
A typical day consists of interaction with the staff, review of labs, and returning appropriate calls. I eagerly await the day's patient concerns. I learn that patients may have the same complaint but the treatment varies. I treat the primary complaint, but I realize that patients have other concerns. The most difficult part to patient care is knowing that there are a few patients with serious health issues. The best part of the day is knowing that the entire staff participates in the care of each patient.
Excellant employer
Consultant Internal medicine and Medical Director (Former Employee), GeorgetownJuly 16, 2015
Cons: Nothing Much
had great opportunity to serve to the clients of medical associates Inc. enjoyed my job responsibilities and had come across with challenging medical cases
taught to visiting medical students aswell
A regenal pharmacy firm
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: good compensation, work-life balance
Cons: lots of travel needed
An institutional pharmaceutical firm in which I performed general accounting functions.
nothing was good about Medical Associate
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Jerseyville, ILMay 21, 2014
Cons: mangment and pay
Pay was poor not benefits poor working conditions no office manager doctor used inappropriate language in front of patients and staff
Rewarding and Challenging workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fulton, IllinoisNovember 20, 2014
I work in a very fast paced Family Practice office with 1 Dr. and 1 Nurse Practitioner averaging 50 patients per day. This job requires a very patient individual who can multi-task in a high stress environment. I have gained more medical terminolgy and prescription knowledge as well as Medicaid, Medicare and general insurance information requirements. We are a satellite office, 1 of 3, of Medical Associates. My co-workers are very knowledgeable individuals. The biggest challenge of my job is meeting the needs of the patients and the providers. I enjoy challenges including deadlines and multi-tasking to complete my job. My job is very rewarding knowing that patients appreciate and verbalize their satisfaction of my personal care. I am a very organized and efficient employee and make it my goal to create a positive atmosphere for my co-workers and myself.
management company
Billing Coordinator/File Clerk (Former Employee), Saranac Lake, NYMay 20, 2015
filed patients charts, billed all patient statements, balanced cash journals, collected and posted all patient payemnts
fast paced medical offive
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great learning experience with plenty of knowledgeable doctors
Cons: short breaks, very stressful
great place to work and build a career, however, you must work at a very high place and be able to handle a stressfull enviornment.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant (Current Employee), Palmyra, PAApril 20, 2015
I enjoy working at Capstone Medical Associates, it is an excellent place to work and learn as well. I have learned so much just in one day of work.
Great Place to Work!
IS Technician II (Former Employee), ARApril 9, 2014
Pros: not at your desk all day, the people, never board/variety of duties
I enjoyed 6 years here. It is an exciting environment to learn IT in. My job consisted of supporting hardware/software for 17 doctor's offices in the Northwest Arkansas Area. The people make this place great! Your day will fly by between trouble tickets at clinics/remotely and the freedom of taking on projects. It was the perfect place for me straight out of college to absorb the training necessary to launch my career in IT.

A++
its ok job
Appointments/ Scheduler (Current Employee), TXDecember 30, 2014
its a long and easy job to keep up with. I learned how to communicate better with people because you deal with all kinds of type of people on the phones. Your mostly on the phone and at your computer all day. You do the same stuff everyday. You learn different stuff every once in awhile. The hardest part on my job now is keeping up with all the doctors they keep adding to our company.
I always felt uneasy at this work place.
CMA (Former Employee), Canton, GANovember 12, 2014
This company had not room for advancement. The other employees gossiped way too much. I am glad that I was only a temp.
Great place to start my career
Medical Assistant/Secretary/Billing Rep (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: pharmacy reps would be great lunches!
Cons: no room for advancement and the doctor would retire soon, leaving me without a job.
A wondeful learning enviroment, where caring for the sick. A true taste of a reward by helping save a mans life.

Hardest part of job was leavin for a place where advancement had much more of an chance
Best job ever
Assistant Physicians (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJanuary 22, 2015
Very busy fast paced. Great co-workers I love all parts of my job the hardest thing was seeing patients in pain or ill.
Very nice place to work
Transcriptionist/medical language specialis (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: very flexible
They were very family oriented and flexible and the office setting was quiet and serene.
It is a good place to work, fast paced, enjoyable
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Cambridge, OHDecember 13, 2012
Pros: short days on thursdays
Cons: low pay scale
I have learned alot working there with regard to dealing with the public, some managing with my team of co-workers, and medical terminology. Everyone I work with is very kind and makes working there a joy. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone with all of their problems especially the elderly. The most enjoyable thing about working there is the feeling of accomplishment and knowing what we do has a positive effective on our patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was patient satisfaction
Patient Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls WIDecember 16, 2014
Typical day would be to analyze patient accounts. If there were credits on the accounts and to review accounts in collection.
High pace work environment, dealing with celebrity
Medical Secretary - INTER MED/ ENDOCR (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: good benefit and free parking
Cons: very long hours
Great patients, busy office, great co-workers, Most enjoyable part of the job were my patients. Love them dearly