Medical Associates Employee Reviews

great
REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NC16 June 2017
great wonderful atmosphere , love the people that work here, office operations run smoothly, great wages and benefits, very understanding and accommodating
Productive and friendly work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IA31 May 2017
Wonderful place to work especially if your good at multitasking. Have to work good independently and with a group. Very supportive and flexible. Good place to gain experience and move your career forward.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High heathcare cost
workplace culture
Receptionist/Medical Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA26 May 2017
This was a excellent place to work. The doctors and co-workers were all nice and very helpful. I wish they would have remained open but the doctors decided to move out of state.
Competitive and fun
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR4 May 2017
The work was fun and interesting to do. I was able to learn how to do time management and get the work done in a timely manner. I had fun with meeting new people and working with an awesome team. Patients would love coming there because we respected their privacy and helped when we could with them. I got to meet patients and got to know them. I loved the management there. We had a well established communication system that was highly respected by each and all.
Pros
Getting to meet others and helping out.
Cons
I wanted to work more hours.
Is was a slow place office
Accounts Receivable Specialist /Financial Creditor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 3140511 April 2017
This office was not a real busy office most of there patients where seen at the dialysis center or in the hospital. If was not a organized office it need to organization to be place in the office.
Pros
Some days
Cons
Some time you got a break
Very fast pace atmosphere
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI21 March 2017
A Great place to work if you love interacting with people and like a fast pace environment. Each day if different and exciting. Co-workers are very upbeat and outgoing.
Not the best job.
Medical Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TX25 January 2017
Some people are very unprofessional and no one can take responsibility for things that happen. Very low pay for no chance of advancement and few and far in between evaluations and pay raises.
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, OH8 January 2017
Friendly co-workers, fast paced high volume office. Assisted in a variety in office procedures including punch biopsies and skin tag removals.
Healthcare
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC30 December 2016
Working for an internalist was very educating. Wonderful to work with the providers, nurses, management. Raleigh Medical Associates had a research department, lab station, x-ray machine.
busy fast paced
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IA13 December 2016
It is a busy workplace, dealing with sick people, or people that require regular lab draws.

You are on your feet all day long.

You are also required to answer phones, data entry and administer drug screens
Daily chemo preparation and delivery to cancer patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL31 August 2016
I functioned collaboratively with physicians in the planning and the implementation of patient treatment. Patient-related nursing responsibilities included patient/family education, drug preparation and administration, patient assessment for treatment toxicity, recognition and management of complications related to the catheter or infusion device, and telephone triage. Other duties more removed from patient care might include inventory management, research data collection and management, quality assurance and improvement, compliance with regulatory issues, and a myriad of other responsibilities. The transition of patient care to the outpatient setting has broadened the scope of nursing to include nonpatient care responsibilities due to financial constraints brought about by health care reform, changes in reimbursement patterns, and overhead required to maintain and deliver quality patient care.
Friendly atmosphere
Medical Assistant - Externship (Former Employee) –  Selden, NY6 August 2016
A typical day at work would depend on what doctor was on. If our Pcp was in is was insanely crazy and busy, which I loved it made the day go bye much faster. If there was no doctor on which was only on Thursday. The office was slow and only 2 of us on. We were able to get a lot done and prep for the next day.
Pros
The reps brought us lunches at least 3 days a week
Cons
unpaid break
No growth
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD3 June 2016
A typical day at work - Call patients as a reminder about appts

What I learn- good to help people

management- no good

co-workers- okay

hardest part of job- nothing

Enjoyable part of job - When you can put a smile on a patient face
Pros
Rewards
Fun environment, great people
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL21 April 2016
A company that is going in the right direction after some negative changes in the past.
Good and smart people to work with.
Registraion
Registration (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WI16 November 2015
I worked checking in patients. Taking phone calls and setting appointments for patients and establishing patients. Adding insurance cover ,determine what insurance is primary. I also have worked Specialty clinic just learning how to schedule for the Specialty Doctors. My coworkers they vary on how they are some are great and some were not so great. You will have in work field. The most wonderful part of the job is knowing you have made patients satisfied and you have done accomplishments for the patuients wether you get them to be seen or figure out the Insurance to see if they can be seen.
Pros
Patients, Customer satisfaction
Cons
Benefits, Wage
Great place to work with a fantastic staff
Staff physician in an urgent care setting (Former Employee) –  AR31 July 2015
A typical day consists of interaction with the staff, review of labs, and returning appropriate calls. I eagerly await the day's patient concerns. I learn that patients may have the same complaint but the treatment varies. I treat the primary complaint, but I realize that patients have other concerns. The most difficult part to patient care is knowing that there are a few patients with serious health issues. The best part of the day is knowing that the entire staff participates in the care of each patient.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great staff
Cons
short breaks
Excellant employer
Consultant Internal medicine and Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Georgetown16 July 2015
had great opportunity to serve to the clients of medical associates Inc. enjoyed my job responsibilities and had come across with challenging medical cases
taught to visiting medical students aswell
Cons
Nothing Much
management company
Billing Coordinator/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NY20 May 2015
filed patients charts, billed all patient statements, balanced cash journals, collected and posted all patient payemnts
Productive and fun work place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, PA20 April 2015
I enjoy working at Capstone Medical Associates, it is an excellent place to work and learn as well. I have learned so much just in one day of work.
fast paced medical offive
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 January 2015
great place to work and build a career, however, you must work at a very high place and be able to handle a stressfull enviornment.
Pros
great learning experience with plenty of knowledgeable doctors
Cons
short breaks, very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.