Mediaworks is a small start-up company diving into the world of web application development. We are looking for a developer with some experience who can lead the project and grow with us.
You’ll get to:
- Work alongside incredibly creative and talented individuals
- Tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, multi-tier applications using a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Work in Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Kick-start your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path – one which focuses on your strengths rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Shape the future of MediaWorks by leading and/or contributing to communities within MediaWorks
- Freely voice your ideas and views as part of continuous open and passionate debate on every topic
- Be a part of an organization that is as committed to social innovation
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Computer Science degree is great, but if you like to write clean code and love technology, we’re not going to rule you out for not having one
- 1-3 years professional experience of working with an Object Orientated Language
- Atleast 1 year experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- HTML and CSS chops. You take pride in standards-compliant, clean, reusable code and following industry best practices, and are completely fluent in cross-browser issues
- Familiarity with AWS/EC2/Heroku and experience deploying and monitoring applications
- Knowledge of software development practices, in particular Agile development practices.
- Collaborative and un-hierarchical work style
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. (So whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a time, you thrive at adapting to changing environments.)
This is a 4 month contract position with a good possibility of extension. Salary 32K – 48K annually, based on experience and portfolio. The successful candidate will work out of an office in Scarborough.
Indeed - 9 months ago