Media Resources is a dynamic, growing organization focused on delivering an integrated set of products and services to the sign industry. As part of this mandate Media Resources manufactures digital LED displays of all sizes, has sign installation services, and prints large format digital printing for customers across Canada, the United States and South America.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as Vice-President, Operations for our Toronto facility. As VP Operations, you will oversee our current operational foreman and approximately 50 employees across printing, manufacturing, installation, facilities management, shipping/receiving and the mechanics bay.
As VP Operations you will be responsible for overseeing all operations ensuring that we deliver on customer promises in a safe, timely and efficient manner consistent with customer expectations to fulfill Media Resources’ “Promise Made. Promise Delivered.” service promise. You will have a strong business, customer and bottom line orientation.
- Oversee all Operations Foreman responsible for each line of business; lines of business include:
- Large format digital business
- Fabrication and custom manufacturing
- Digital LED manufacturing
- Sign installation and maintenance
- Build and maintain an overall operations service strategy covering all product lines using Lean Manufacturing and “5S” philosophy;
- Daily execution of scheduling ensuring that work is performed efficiently and on time with minimum unbilled labour;
- Oversee the facilities management to ensure we deliver a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for all employees;
- Oversee the shipping and stockroom functions to ensure efficient and accurate maintenance of inventory;
- Oversee the drafting and engineering team;
- Be accountable for maintaining and executing the safety program such that all employees and subcontractors perform work safely in compliance with all rules and regulations;
- Ensure daily Work in Process reports are kept up to date with structured procedures to keep Project Management, Sales and customers informed of the status of all work;
- Create a performance driven work culture with all operational employees;
- Oversee and make recommendations to optimize the truck fleet;
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced (i.e. accounting, operational, safety, regulatory and administrative); and
- Participate in the Management, training, development of supervisors as well as, hiring & retention of hourly and supervisory staff.
This position is a critical role for the success of Media Resources especially given our planned growth. As such we are looking for an individual with a strong background in managing both manufacturing and field services functions. The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at the VP Operations or Operations Manager level ideally in a manufacturing, sign or custom service environment. The successful candidate will ideally have an university degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related operations discipline preferred;
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering;
- Ability to read blueprints;
- Proven ability to manage operations staff both in a factory and a field services setting;
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma with a commitment to continuous improvement in an ever-changing industry;
- Strong understanding of safety regulations and safety programs;
- Strong organizational, documentation and communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities, ability to work effectively under pressure required;
- Ability to effectively handle a large number of issues simultaneously required;
- Excellent analytical skills, problem recognition and resolution skills required;
- Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions;
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations and knowledge of when to further escalate;
- Must be change oriented and possess an attitude of continuous improvement;
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills; and
- Must be a self-starter.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Media Resources has a proven, colourful history in signage. We provide a wide range of fabrication, installation and maintenance services to...