The successful candidate will be working in a fast paced office environment reporting to a member of the management committee.
The Key Responsibilities of the Purchaser/Estimator are:
- Provide manufacturing, and installation quotes to the sales team in a timely manner
- Ensure all purchasing is in compliance with regulations and laws related to purchasing practices and in accordance with standard practices
- Place purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of parts and components to meet production schedule
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommends improvement through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing
- Solicit information regarding a variety of commodities from vendors to ensure cost effective commensurate with quality; recommend cost-effective substitute items where possible
- Liaise between vendors, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Identify potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers and building and maintain good relationships with them
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met; and
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
The Key Requirements for the Purchaser/Estimator are:
- 5+ years’ experience in a purchasing and estimating role in a manufacturing environment. Experience in the sign manufacturing industry highly preferred with knowledge of metalwork and assembly components
- Understanding of the lean principles of manufacturing
- Ability to work professionally with outside service providers
- Ability to develop and recommend strategies for improvements in cost reduction, quality and process improvement
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with excellent problem and conflict solving skills; resourceful and proactive
- Commitment to product quality and delivery deadlines based on cost and time constraints
- Exemplary organization and time management skills; excellent multitasking ability
- Certified Professional Purchaser accreditation and/or Business Degree an asset
- It is an included and expected responsibility that Health & Safety of the employee as well as fellow employees be a part of everyone’s everyday activities
If you feel you would be a great fit for this position please submit your resume by responding to this posting or by fax to Human Resources at (905) 337-9850. Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject line or on the fax cover page.
We ask that agencies refrain from contacting us please.
We appreciate all applicants who submit a resume, however please note that only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Media Resources has a proven, colourful history in signage. We provide a wide range of fabrication, installation and maintenance services to...