The successful candidate will be working in a fast paced environment reporting to a member of the management committee. Working with the head of Digital Manufacturing and our Engineering team, the role of the Industrial Designer is to efficiently and effectively produce drawing sets in 2D and 3D to support sales opportunities, engineering requirements for new products, and drawing sets for production work orders. The role will be focused primarily on managing projects related to Media Resources LED sign and digital manufacturing product lines but will also be accountable for producing drawings required for Media Resources printing, installation and fabrication service lines.
As an Industrial Designer, the position will act as a key resource and expert in the drafting /drawing mechanical drawings required for operations to successfully produce final product free of defects. The overall objective of the role is to increase the efficiency, on-time delivery and quality of the drawings and renderings using to deliver Media Resources services.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing renderings to support sales opportunities
- Developing drawings and materials for digital LED and customer manufacturing production work orders
- Developing drawings and bill of materials for standard products and services across all of Media Resources lines of business
- Working with Media Resources R&D team to develop schemas and drawing for future products
- Work closely with the R&D and Operations teams to provide ongoing suggestions to improve product efficiencies, quality and customer satisfaction; and
- If required developing the tool path programming for Media Resources Multi-cam routing tables
The above duties will be adjusted from time to time based on the growth and development of the Company.
The Employee will be required to complete on-time reports and attend meetings as required. Each week as scheduled, you will be required to submit a week in review report.
You will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The quality of the drawing sets
- The efficiency and customer satisfaction on all delivered work;
- The ability to develop and maintain a master schedule of all production drawings consistent with expected delivery times; and
- The ability to work in a team based environment with Media Resources sales and production teams. You will contribute to a work environment based on a winning team environment with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Expert knowledge in Solidworks and AutoCad
- College Diploma in Industrial Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience working as an Industrial Designer
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working as an Industrial Designer in the Sign Industry
- Although the position does not require it preference with supporting compensation will be given to individuals with a Professional Engineering designation in mechanical or structural engineering
If you feel you would be a great fit for this position please submit your resume by responding to this posting or by fax to Human Resources at (905) 337-9850 quoting the position you are applying for in the subject line or on the fax cover page.
Please state your salary expectations and attach some samples of your work.
We ask that agencies refrain from contacting us please.
We appreciate all applicants who submit a resume, however please note that only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.