The successful candidate will be working in a fast paced environment reporting to a member of the management committee. The position is responsible for providing IT, software and communication support for Media Resources employees, as well as, software and IT support for Media Resources digital LED customers.
The Key Responsibilities of the Desktop and Customer Support IT Analyst are:
Responsible for maintaining and optimizing Media Resources IT internal infrastructure with a focus on the server environment, desktop environment, and communication infrastructure. In this capacity the employee will:
- Set up the IT and communication infrastructure and ensure the ongoing security and performance of the network
- Maintain and optimize desktop, laptop, phone and other computing devices for Media Resources employees
- Provide IT/desktop support to internal customers
- Train internal users on company systems
- Optimizing the company’s telecommunications and broadband networks (both wired and wifi)
Provide software and communication training and level 1 support to Media Resources Digital LED customers. Working under the direction of Media Resources Service Manager, in this capacity the employee will:
- Set up web based training sessions with customers on Media Resources LED display software and communication set ups
- Provide over the phone support to customers related to LED display software
- Provide over the phone support to customers setting up and maintaining wired, RF and wifi networks required
- Update all customer inquiries to second level support as required with full debrief on the issue to ensure the issue is resolved
- Record all service work in Media Resources service tracking system
Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
The Key Requirements for the Desktop & Customer Support IT Analyst:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Tier 1 desktop support in a small to mid-sized environment
- Technical college and A+ certification is considered an asset
- Experience supporting Microsoft & Adobe desktop apps, and Microsoft Server environment
- Solid understanding of network security
- Comfortable performing penetration tests to validate the network
- Ability to work professionally with outside service providers
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with excellent problem and conflict solving skills; resourceful and proactive
- Commitment to product quality and delivery deadlines based on cost and time constraints
- Exemplary organization and time management skills; excellent multitasking ability
- It is an included and expected responsibility that Health & Safety of the employee as well as fellow employees be a part of everyone’s everyday activities
If you feel you would be a great fit for this position please submit your resume, stating your salary expectatons, by responding to this posting or by fax to Human Resources at (905) 337-9850. Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject line or on the fax cover page.
We ask that agencies refrain from contacting us please.
We appreciate all applicants who submit a resume, however please note that only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.