No. of interns: 1 (Winter term: Jan - June)
Duration: Approx. 6 months
Salary/Compensation: None (paid only when shooting for production)
Company: Media One Creative Inc.
Position: Production Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
Anticipated Start date: As soon as possible
Media One Creative is a Digital Video Agency and Video Production Company based in Toronto. We have worked on television and web commercials for small companies and major brands such as Budweiser, Tim Hortons, BMO, Sun Life Financial, Intact Financial, SAP, Microsoft, Kobo, YMCA, and the CFL. We are currently looking to recruit a co-op student for the fall and winter semester. The selected candidate will be coordinating all video project workflows within the pre-production, production and post production processes and will report directly to Media One Creative’s Chief Operating Officer.
This is a job for someone who truly wants to be tasked with important responsibilities. You will be treated and evaluated like a working professional, not an intern.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assemble production crew for video projects
- Draft crew deal memos before shoot date
- Create call sheet schedules for production shoots
- Manage video projects on Basecamp software
- Assist as a production coordinator on set
- Fill out preproduction questionnaires with clients
- Ensure clients’ needs are met by conversing with them over email
- Attend job fairs to recruit new production/management talent
- Assist with hire production and post production freelancers
- Draft independent contractor agreements
- Present production updates at ‘Weekly Wednesday’ meetings
- Keep the Project Manager and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Other administrative tasks
- Create weekly status reports for all Clients
- Must be enrolled in a recognized university/college degree program (marketing, business, management, media/arts programs accepted)
- A fourth year student (or a student within their final year) of one of the programs listed above
- Co-op students preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Self Motivated and able to perform under minimal supervision
Benefits of working with MEDIA ONE CREATIVE INC.:
- Working for a company that is growing at an exponential rate
- Gaining transferable skills relevant to your field of study
- Not one day is the same, you are constantly learning new things about the industry
- Getting meaningful training with the executives of the company (Derek Rider and Corey Peck)
- The ability to complete real jobs with real tasks for large and notable companies.
- This is not about getting coffee…we’re adults and can all get our own coffee.