Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff - Management - Executive
Job Title: Regional Director, Specialty Pharmacy Operations (Ontario)
Job Status: Full-time, permanent employee of our client from day one
Location: The region encompasses the GTA and western Ontario.
This position offers: Competitive salary plus annual bonus opportunity; car allowance; comprehensive benefits package; strong career growth potential; exceptional head office resources and support.
Job Details and Description:
MediPharmDirect Inc. has been trusted to assist another of Canada’s leading Pharmacy employers with their search for a full-time, permanent Regional Director, Specialty Pharmacy Operations. The Regional Director, Specialty Pharmacy Operations will report to the National Director, Operations, and will be responsible for overseeing operations for several Specialty Pharmacy locations in Ontario (including service, sales, attaining financial goals, team building and training, and adherence to government and company regulations and/or guidelines). This role requires the management of multiple projects and resources; the work is fast-paced and deadline-oriented. The Regional Director is the main liaison with Managers at the store level and ensures all corporate initiatives are properly implemented at stores to reflect the overall company strategy. Principle responsibilities include:
- Monitoring corporate specialty locations via on-site Managers
- Developing and monitoring policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations
- Ensuring all pharmacies in the region achieve and/or maintain budgeted financial and other objectives
- Overseeing pharmacy purchases to ensure supplier relationships are respected and maintained
- Analyzing professional fee and pricing strategies, along with the selling cost of pharmaceuticals to ensure budgeted sales and GM levels are attained
- Ensuring each location presents a strong corporate image
- Monitoring and maintaining labour costs while also ensuring pharmacy staff are able to deliver above-average service and patient care
- Following-up to ensure marketing plans are properly implemented at the store level
- Accurately completing and transmitting reports to head office
- Coordinating all human resource activities including hiring, training, development, performance evaluations, discipline and relief pharmacist scheduling; involvement in Pharmacy Intern recruitment and development
- Assisting actively with completion of store renovations within the region
- Maintaining availability for emergency pharmacy dispensing duties
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of the company
Requirements for Success:
Applicants must possess the following credentials, experience and skills:
- Bachelor-level degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed Pharmacist (Licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario)
- Valid driver’s license (the role involves frequent travel)
- 5+ years’ relevant pharmacy operations management experience with background in a high volume retail or LTC pharmacy environment (LTC pharmacy management experience and/or multi-unit retail pharmacy operations management is preferred)
- Customer service mindset, demonstrated leadership skills, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal), computer proficiency (Word, Excel)
- Outstanding time management, organization, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on various projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Minimum of two work references (supervisory) required
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, in strictest confidence, to Jennifer Andrew, Recruitment Director by email via jennifer.andrew "at" medipharmdirect.com or fax to 1.888.409.1839. Questions concerning this opportunity may be confidentially directed to Jennifer by email or phone at 905.536.0630.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about MediPharmDirect's specialized recruitment services, or to submit a general application, in confidence, for future consideration for Staff, Management or Executive Pharmacy roles with our clients, please visit www.medipharmdirect.com.