Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
Could this full-time, permanent career opportunity provide you, or someone you know, with a better opportunity in terms of desired job focus, lifestyle, career growth and/or compensation maximization? Call us today to learn more! 905.536.0630
Job Title: Pharmacy Manager
Job Status: Full-time, permanent
Hours: The pharmacy is open Monday-to-Friday from 9:00am to 6:30pm and Saturdays from 9:00am - 2:00pm (closed Sundays). Weekends and on-call requirement would be shared among Pharmacists and the Pharmacy Manager (expectation would be that the Manager would work one in every 4 weekends and be on-call every 4th week).
Workplace Location: Peterborough, ON
MediPharmDirect has been trusted to assist another of Canada’s leading Pharmacy employers with their search for a full-time, permanent Pharmacy Manager in Peterborough, ON. Our client has been providing Canadians with exceptional care and service from their various pharmacy locations for decades. The organization is renowned for their dedication to supporting pharmacy staff to ensure optimal service is provided to all patients and customers served, and to ensure employees have the tools they need, are engaged, and fulfilled. The Pharmacy Manager will manage pharmaceutical service delivery and day-to-day dispensary operations.
This full-time, permanent position offers:
- Hourly pay rate of $56/hr or more (negotiable, based on experience)
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Benefits program
- Generous vacation entitlement
- No midnight shifts
- Continuing Education opportunities
- An outstanding team to work with
- ...and more!
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Pharmacy Manager ensures optimal patient care and client service beyond expectations while representing corporate values and ensuring compliance with corporate, legal and professional standards. The Pharmacy Manager manages aspects of a pharmacy operations including but not limited to:
- Pharmacy team management (all functions including recruiting, hiring, training, performance evaluation and development)
- Representing the pharmacy and company overall with clinical and business professionalism, friendliness/approachability, service orientation, drive, and a “can-do” attitude
- Overseeing clinical activities and providing clinical services to patients in-pharmacy
- Maintaining and developing new relationships with potential patients/clients to develop new business for the pharmacy (spending some time outside of the dispensary and in the community to build new business relationships and opportunities)
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the pharmacy by supporting the pharmacy team with dispensing and patient counseling activities, clinical decision making and more
- Maintaining strong workflow/productive operations; finding/creating efficiencies
- Creating and maintaining the accuracy and privacy of records and reports; other duties as assigned…
Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor-level degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed Pharmacist (Licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario)
- Work experience in a long term care pharmacy as a Pharmacist (Clinical Consultant or Operational Pharmacist) or Pharmacy Manager
- Strong understanding of people management/employment standards
- Strong leadership and business skills (including new business development experience)
- Self-motivated, driven, energetic and enthusiastic with a customer service-oriented mindset
- Team player, strong organizational skills, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal), computer proficiency
How to Apply:
Please respond directly to this advertisement or contact Jennifer Andrew, Recruitment Director, in strict confidence, at 905.536.0630, or by fax at 1.888.409.1839
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted immediately.
For more information about MediPharmDirect's specialized recruitment services, or to submit a general application, in confidence, for future consideration for Staff, Management or Executive Pharmacy roles with our clients, please visit www.medipharmdirect.com. Please note: MediPharmDirect recruits for confidential opportunities on a frequent basis - not all positions are posted publicly!