Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
MediPharmDirect has been trusted to assist another of Canada’s leading Pharmacy employers with the recruitment of a 1-year contract (minimum 12 months, full-time hours) Pharmacy Manager in Hamilton, Ontario. Our client has been providing Canadians with exceptional care and service from their various pharmacy locations for decades. If you have interest in expanding your pharmacy career beyond traditional retail pharmacy alone, this employer may provide that long-term opportunity for you as they focus on retail, long-term care and specialty services. Compensation packages are extremely attractive and offer strong benefits. The organization is renowned for their dedication to supporting pharmacy staff to ensure optimal service is provided to all customers and employees are engaged and fulfilled.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for:
- Providing accurate verification and authorization of prescriptions while working in a high-volume, team-oriented non-retail pharmacy environment, coordinating the pharmacy team and ensuring productivity is maintained
- Communicating with those involved in a patients' care including family members and care facilities to ensure medication regimens are understood, and questions are answered clearly in a consultative manner
- Utilizing computer systems to manage information and create reports as needed
- Representing corporate values and ensuring compliance with corporate, legal and professional standards.
Requirements for Success:
Applicants must possess the following credentials, experience and skills:
- Bachelor-level degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed Pharmacist (Licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario)
- A minimum of 2 years' full-time experience as a Staff Pharmacist with experience in a hospital or long-term care pharmacy environment and a strong management background, preferably in a non-retail environment
- Team player, strong organizational skills, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal), computer proficiency
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews for this role will be contacted immediately.
For more information about MediPharmDirect's specialized recruitment services, or to submit a general application, in confidence, for future consideration for Staff, Management or Executive Pharmacy roles with our clients, please visit www.medipharmdirect.com. Please note: MediPharmDirect recruits for confidential opportunities on a frequent basis - not all positions are posted publicly!