Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
MediPharmDirect Inc. has been trusted to assist another of Canada’s leading Pharmacy employers with the recruitment of a full-time, permanent Pharmacy Manager in Peterborough, Ontario. Our client has been providing Canadians with exceptional care and service from their various pharmacy locations for decades. If you have interest in expanding your pharmacy career beyond traditional retail pharmacy alone, this employer may provide that long-term opportunity for you as they focus on retail, long-term care and other specialty services. Compensation packages are extremely attractive and include strong benefits. The organization is renowned for their dedication to supporting pharmacy staff to ensure optimal service is provided to all customers, and employees are engaged and fulfilled.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a busy non-retail pharmacy environment. As the leader of the Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Manager sets the standard for service and optimal patient care while representing corporate values and ensuring compliance with corporate, legal and professional standards. Duties in this role include, but are not limited to:
- New prescription and refill dispensing and patient consultation
- Pharmacy personnel management (scheduling, interviewing, performance evaluation, etc.)
- Working with other managers, corporate support staff and pharmacy staff to provide exceptional service to clients, maintain inventory, ensure accuracy and control costs
- Creating and maintaining the accuracy and privacy of records and reports
- ...and other duties as assigned
Requirements for Success:
Applicants must possess the following credentials, experience and skills:
- Bachelor-level degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed Pharmacist (Licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Pharmacy Manager in a high-volume retail setting with experience in long term care or hospital pharmacy OR 2+ years Staff Pharmacist experience specifically in long term care or hospital pharmacy with strong leadership background and a desire to advance
- Demonstrated leadership skills, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal), computer proficiency
- Minimum of two work references (supervisory) are required
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews for this role will be contacted immediately.
For more information about MediPharmDirect’s specialized recruitment services, or to submit a general application, in confidence, for future consideration for Staff, Management or Executive Pharmacy roles with our clients, please visit www.medipharmdirect.com. Please note: MediPharmDirect manages several recruits that are confidential in nature - not all opportunities are advertised, so reach-out to us today!