Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
Could this full-time, permanent career opportunity provide you, or someone you know, with a better opportunity in terms of desired job focus, lifestyle, career growth and/or compensation maximization? Call us today to learn more! 905.536.0630
Job Title: Dispensary Manager
Job Status: Full-time, permanent
Hours: Dispensary Manager would work at least 35-40 hours per week within the opening hours of the pharmacy, which include Monday-to-Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 8am-7pm and Sunday 12 noon - 7pm (weekends are on a rotating basis and the Manager would be required to work 1-2 weekends per month)
Workplace Location: Berwick, Nova Scotia
MediPharmDirect has been trusted to assist another of Canada’s leading Pharmacy employers with their search for a full-time, permanent Dispensary Manager in Berwick, Nova Scotia. Our client is a strong, stable and growing pharmacy group that provides Nova Scotians with exceptional care and pharmacy services from their various pharmacy locations. The professional staff at this particular pharmacy location provide pharmaceutical services to residents of a lovely smaller town in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. The pharmacy is a newer location with an established team of skilled pharmacy assistants, technicians and pharmacists and a new and outstanding Operations Manager. The Dispensary Manager will be part of the new management team and will manage pharmaceutical service delivery and day-to-day dispensary operations.
This full-time, permanent position offers:
- Hourly pay rate range of up to $60/hr (rate of pay based on experience)
- Benefits program (100% employer-paid)
- Generous vacation entitlement
- Licensing and insurance and annual CE fees paid
- No midnight shifts
- An outstanding team to work with including a new management team!
- Our client has a policy in place to assist with some of the costs of relocation, if required
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Dispensary Manager ensures optimal patient care and client service beyond expectations while representing corporate values and ensuring compliance with corporate, legal and professional standards. The Dispensary Manager manages aspects of a pharmacy operations including but not limited to:
- Pharmacy team management (all functions including recruiting, hiring, training, performance evaluation and development)
- Representing the pharmacy and company overall with clinical and business professionalism, friendliness/approachability, service orientation, drive, and a “can-do” attitude
- Overseeing clinical activities and providing clinical services to patients in-pharmacy
- Maintaining and developing new relationships with potential patients/clients to develop new business for the pharmacy (spending some time outside of the dispensary and in the community to build new business relationships and opportunities)
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the pharmacy by supporting the pharmacy team with dispensing and patient counseling activities, clinical decision making and more
- Maintaining strong workflow/productive operations; finding/creating efficiencies
- Creating and maintaining the accuracy and privacy of records and reports; other duties as assigned…
Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor-level degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed Pharmacist (Licensed to practice in the Province of Nova Scotia)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Pharmacy Manager with a total of 5 or more years' experience as a Licensed Pharmacist
- Strong understanding of people management/employment standards
- Strong leadership and business skills (including new business development experience)
- Self-motivated, driven, energetic and enthusiastic with a customer service-oriented mindset
- Team player, strong organizational skills, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal), computer proficiency
How to Apply:
Please respond directly to this advertisement or contact Jennifer Andrew, Recruitment Director, in strict confidence, at 905.536.0630, or by fax at 1.888.409.1839
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted immediately.
For more information about MediPharmDirect's specialized recruitment services, or to submit a general application, in confidence, for future consideration for Staff, Management or Executive Pharmacy roles with our clients, please visit www.medipharmdirect.com. Please note: MediPharmDirect recruits for confidential opportunities on a frequent basis - not all positions are posted publicly!
Please note: Job description and other details are provided for informational purposes only.