Medeo is a web and mobile software application company that connects doctors and patients through video technology. We are bringing innovation to the Canadian health care industry. We are looking for an early team member with proven DevOps skills who will be responsible for the availability, reliability and security of our platform. You will work with our security officer to audit and maintain own our cloud-based infrastructure.
What we’re looking for (must have):
- You need to love what you do.
- Deep knowledge of Linux or Unix system administration (ubuntu preferably).
- Extensive experience deploying, optimizing and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications.
- Database experience (master/slave replication, data modeling, SQL writing, schema migrations, ETL processes, troubleshooting, optimization).
- Experience with automation technologies like Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with webserver configuration and optimization (nginx, Unicorn, Apache, Passenger)
- Ability to work with the engineering team to design and deploy the cost-effective infrastructure suitable to the application.
What we’re giving bonus points for:
- A healthcare software background. Do you know what HL7 means?
- Experience using version control systems like Git.
- Working knowledge of load/function testing tools.
- PCI Compliance Policies and auditing.
- Lives in Vancouver, BC or willing to relocate
- Design, code, maintain automated deployment recipes
- Maintain production and staging environments for internal and client use.
- Use Development Operations methodologies to facilitate: agile software development, frequent releases, cloud systems automation, and quality assurance automation.
- Ensure that engineering systems being designed are analyzed for security vulnerabilities.
- Develop tools and systems to automate detection and resolution of site issues.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Do good. Contribute to a service that will help people in your community receive on-demand, quality healthcare.
- Be a part of something big. We are going to shake up the way patient care, doctor-to-doctor communication and data management is done.
- We offers competitive compensation, equity and benefits packages. Leadership opportunities are available to those who prove themselves capable.
Yes: resume, github id, salary expectations
No: cover letters, long emails.