Medavie Blue Cross Employee Reviews in Canada

Company in Chaos
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickMarch 17, 2016
The company needs management overhaul. They clearly do not know what they are doing. Expect a lot of office politics. They have lost management over the recent years due to their poor vision.
you think that you have a good secure job....
former employee (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 29, 2015
If you're not part of the "country club" you won't make it in this federal department. The private side of the company may be different. If you're looking for job security might not be the place to work. As I have been gone for 2 years and still hear about people being let go continuously.
Pros
free medical benefits, weekends off
Cons
terrible office politics, poor management
Awsome enviroment
Customer Service Representative Pharmacare (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 23, 2015
Amazing co-worker, great team work. The environment was amazing to work in and I enjoyed it very much. Co-worker were very willing to help and amazing support for first time workers.
good work place
distribution clerk/reception (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New-Brunswick CanadaJanuary 15, 2015
answered phone at reception then opened mail and distributed mail, then went back to both reception for an hour each, then did my own work when done if time helped others to finish there work. it's really hard to explain the work because it is very sensitive ( government work) but basically prepared checks and statements to be mailed out every day over 3,000 sometimes a lot more, and helped others to do the same
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
if changing jobs in company you have no option to go back to old job if it doesn't work out
Good Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSOctober 31, 2014
Overall when compared, Job security is not there.
Work culture is very encouraging
Call Centre Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSOctober 15, 2014
I would take calls and explain a customer's medical coverage.
Pros
paid benefits
Cons
lack of good leadership
Good for entry level
Provider Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 8, 2014
good first time job as a new graduate, entry level position, decent salary, very good benefits
Nice Company to work!!!
QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 18, 2014
I have worked for Blue Cross for only 3 months. Good people and Good work environment. There is no any kind of embarrassments or bullying at work place. Good balance with work and life. Team members are very helpful.
Pros
lots of room to learn and great work environments
Cons
some management decisions are worst for consultant.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DartmouthMarch 18, 2014
Assisting clients with enrolling in Pharmacare Program. Explaining the Family Pharmacare program to new clients. Filing applications and renewal forms for Senior Representatives. Helping pharmacies with confirming drug coverage for specific drugs. Efficient in various office tasks such as photocopying, filing, MSI programs, etc
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 19, 2013
Everyone was very welcoming and made you feel a part of a team. Medavie is a great company to be employed with and has helped me develop certain skills along the way.
A family oriented environment
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeApril 9, 2013
A typical day at Medavie Blue Cross was hard working, but, had a relaxed atmosphere. I learned how to balance work and my homelife, as my role as a Claims Analyst sometimes required long hours during the busy Fall/Winter season. Management were supportive of us, my co-workers and I always worked as at team helping each other out when the workload fell behind.The hardest part of the job was trying to bring down the work volumn, and the most enjoyable part was when we accomplished that mission.
Productive and a fun place to work
VIP Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEOctober 25, 2012
Great people to work with.
Management is great.
Co-workers overall are great to work with.