Busy medical muitidisciplinary clinic seeks one (1) professional front desk receptionist for family medicine, walk-in medical, chiropractic and other health services for integrated health clinic downtown Toronto.
- Permanent, full time position available immediately
- Hours: 11 pm - 7pm Monday to Friday with revolving Saturdays
- Responsible for the front desk customer service, patient intake, reception of a health centre to ensure both a smoothly functioning office and excellent patient relations.
- Working with others in a team environment.
- Professional communication at all times
Essential Job Functions:
- Reception for a medical, chiropractic, massage therapy clinic with multiple health practitioners.
- Welcome new and existing patients and visitors, in a very friendly, welcoming, approachable manner
- Receive high volume of phone calls and be able to prioritize calls and real-time patient interaction
- Operate point of sale transaction terminal for accepting cash, credit and debit payments.
- Schedule patients for treatments, laboratory tests, medical examinations, and consultations.
- Relay information to patients regarding preparation for laboratory tests and examinations.
- Maintain familiarity with OHIP insured services.
- Inform patients of costs of care being provided, and guides them to appropriate resources for further information, guidance, or assistance.
- Answer telephone, screens callers, relays messages
- Open, sort and screen mail.
- Operate computer to access electronic medical records, schedules and other basic office support software.
- Use automated systems to access, enter, and edit patient information.
- University degree
- Attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to work well without constant supervision
- Must be able to use professional communication over phone, written word, and in person
- Very strong computer proficiency and the ability to multitask
- Complete fluency of the English language, including excellent spelling and grammar
Submit resume via email including a cover letter explaining:
1. What strengths you would bring.
2. What relevant healthcare experience you have and how it relates.
3. Why you would be the ideal candidate for this position.
Candidates for interview will be contacted via reply email.