Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work, management not so great
team member (Former Employee), BeestonJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: lovely customers
Cons: no gratitude from management
you never get any training on any department so its difficult and stressful when you first start working there. theres no thanks given, if you give an inch they take a mile and continue to expect more all the time.
learned a fair bit in my time but thats all from making mistakes from not being shown anything.
loved it
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJanuary 10, 2016
call numbers check tickets help customers work the bar work the restraunt do front of house money checks safe checks wish i could of stayed longer
fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), BroadstairsNovember 4, 2015
Pros: free lunche and the staff
Cons: long hours and terrible managers
the admin at mecca where lovely and I couldt of worked with better people everyone was so friendly it was such a good envirment to work, because of the people they made me want to work hard in the team spirit a typical day was always the same bar work kitchen work running food or cleaning also helping customers, but the managers made me feel like I wasn't up to the job, the made me feel small even though I worked I done all the extra hours and helped them a lot.
productive work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGSeptember 8, 2015
fun work place and a good environment and friendly co workers to work with duties in this role was cleaning toilets and wipeing tables and hoovering the floors
team work and friendly
team member (Former Employee), westwood crossSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: lunch not long enough
mecca is a fun place to work always able to work well in a team, always get jobs done on time, friendly environment, always kept me busy which I loved everyone works well together and always helped on an other, I liked the various jobs so I could know what im best at and what I needed to work on. I enjoyed taking away all the skills I learnt I enjoyed that I made friends and always had a positive experience and environment.
exerlant place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), wrexhamAugust 27, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: low wage
staff were really nice and helpful towards others,
management was always there on hand for help and advice.
and there was always chance to climb the ladder within the company.
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Wrexham, WLSAugust 20, 2015
Varied role.

Hard work but fun

Service sector

Variable hours. Customer focused and knowledge

Worked in different departments including bar area, kitchen and shop and bingo calling
Bar Work
Front of House Manager (Former Employee), DewsburyJuly 29, 2015
it was a job were you did numerous other jobs in one,front of house,bar and service work,team working,cleaning,security,
typical day early mornings cleaning-break until lunch games and then work through till late on in the evening
customer satisfaction services,handling monies,comunication ,being a team player or on my own
fun and challenging every day
Senior Team Member (Former Employee), GraysJuly 23, 2015
Everyone worked as a team and we all learned how other departments worked apart from our own and learning new skills along the way. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and we had a great rapport with most of them. Fun place to work
Fun workplace
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee), sittingbourneJune 26, 2015
Pros: only working mornings
Cons: having to fill in a weekends
Over the past 13 years that i have worked for mecca bingo i enjoyed waking up in the morning to know that i will satisfy the customers on a daily basic, my co-workers were fantastic and was happy with every decision I made to make the day run more smoothly, I enjoyed every aspect of my job as it was making customers experience more enjoyable with a clean and comfortable place to have fun.
My Workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee), lutonMay 20, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: long hours
With Mecca Bingo everyday is different. It Varies. it can be good can be bad. the customers are great which i enjoy. meeting new people and the regulars also
Good Job to start a career
Team Leader/ Duty Manager (Current Employee), Luton, BedfordshireMay 11, 2015
Pros: Achievements and team development
Cons: Long Hrs
A typical day at mecca for me is very long hours but most days rewarding and productive. Mecca keeps you on the go all the time.

I have lurnt so much in the 7 years i have worked here and started all the way at the bottom, from team member up to team leader, events manager and duty manager.

my co-workers when they are on the ball are such an amazing team with lots of different personalilties.

the hardest thing about my job is that its very long hours and dont spend alot of time at home but the reward thing is achiving all my goals individually and as a team.

my mind is always coming up with new iders and my office is full of projects i really want to try if i had the funding to deliver them

the 1 thing i can take from my career at mecca is i have made some brilliant friends along the way and i met my husbond here to
nights and weekends
Team Member (Current Employee), Bolton, ENGMay 7, 2015
Pros: a free main session once a month
Cons: late nights, weekends, rubbish pay and no staff
worked here for 16 years , now getting made redundant. had some great managers over the years. wont miss the job as its nights and weekends but will miss the lovely friends that ive made.
Mecca was ok but not great
Team Member (Former Employee), Saint Peters, ENGMay 6, 2015
Pros: It paid the bills
Cons: Too much Favortism
Working for Mecca was ok but management was really Kronyistic and treated their favourites better than other employees.
Management in my club are second to none
Cashier .. Admin (Current Employee), StaffordshireMay 4, 2015
Pros: Part of a team
Cons: Long hours (take some getting used to ..)
I've been in Mecca for two weeks and got to say this is a complete change for me always worked a Monday to Friday 9to 5 but Mecca offers me the unsociable hours I need. My club is brilliant the management and staff are amazing, the training isn't as structured as liked but in a club with not a lot of staff and a lot to do there are not many people that can be spared to babysit the newbies but they understand we are new and help us out as much as humanly possible. My manager is brilliant and makes me feel totally at ease that I'm new and will make mistakes but not to beat myself up about it etc . Some reviews are awful but not all clubs are the same so please do not take the bad reviews as a generalisation . If you are considering a career in Mecca yes there are long shifts but the club and its team members are a family and if you can cope with the hours you will be welcomed with open arms .
awful company to work for
team member (Former Employee), north eastApril 30, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: split shifts, long hours, lack of training, bullying management team
I took this job after being advised by friends not to work for them, so wish I had listened, honestly this is the worst company I have ever worked for, you work long hours with split shifts and little to no training is given, and if you ask for additional training you get ignored then reprimanded for asking, I was very often left on the floor looking after 400+ people on my own with never anybody around to help, then I was pulled in the office to ask why I had missed hands that were up, lost count of the times staff were investigated or disciplined for the least little thing, team leaders on the other hand get away with everything and are very clicky. The management team including team leaders are a joke they don't respect there staff, talk down to you and don't listen, you never get any praise or thanks from managers or team leaders and managers are just bullies who will always back there management team(team leaders) every time when something happens and even told me that to my face, don't know where they get the managers from. Breaks if you were lucky you got a 10 minute break. Unless there was an artist on in the club you wouldn't see a manager after 9pm. Staff morale is very low and the turn over of staff is high, the only good thing about the job was the customers. Word of advice DONT WORK HERE.

mecca bingo
Team member (Former Employee), ipswichApril 29, 2015
Pros: good team work
Cons: not enough hours
it was a very nice environment , i enjoyed working there, it was like a second family ,i enjoyed learning new things... i would of liked to have learnt more.
Can have fun, but don't go into management.
Team Leader (Former Employee), sittingbourneApril 12, 2015
I worked at Mecca for over 5 years

Cons: The hours are long and unsociable. Customers are very rude and arrogant. No money is put into maintenance or hygiene. The management is a complete joke. They employ managers who have never worked in the role, and will put no effort into wanting to learn anything. Most of the staff run the club.

Pro: The staff are friendly. They work very hard to do what they can to help each other out. Overtime is paid (not all companies do that). Rota's can be flexible.
Free main session once a month to play at another club.
50% off food and drink.
fun work place
Front of House Staff (Former Employee), Southport, ENGMarch 26, 2015
long but fun
how to work in a team
good management
friendly family atmosphere
mecca bingo was a great place to work
Mecca Luton is a terrible place to work
team member (Current Employee), Luton, ENGMarch 24, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: management, unprofessional
I thoroughly enjoyed the first month, until the pair wears off and you see how hideous it is underneath. Lots of staff but never anyone around to help you when it's busy. "management" are shoddy and have no idea what they're doing. They are good friends with some of the team members so expect them to be talking about you tothem
I enjoyed working with the customers it was the best part but the overall running of this club is terrible and staff have a bad attitude and very full of themselves.