Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hated it.
Receptionist/General Assistant (Former Employee), WolverhamptonMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Variety
Cons: Sparatic hours
The hours of work are all over the place which is not for me. I love having a structured routine. Also i had problems with certain people there. Made my life a misery. Let their position go to their head and used it to intimidate people. Not just myself but other younger girls who worked there at the time. Very catty atmosphere. Like being at school again. Not the same at all mecca bingos though as i know bilston mecca quite well and its nothing like it was at wolverhampton. Good thing about the job was variety. Very rarely nothing to do. Bar work, cafe work, sales, calling,reception duties etc.
Senior Team Member (Former Employee), SouthportMarch 9, 2016
Pros: could be really rewarding job
Cons: no rewards, manager like dictator
Good place to work but if you have a family the hours are too long and management are inflexible, I learned a lot at my time and I was close to being a manager as I knew all departments and could run them without any help, my co-workers where like family to me so much as it was like being at home but could be a pain as everyone knew each others business, hardest part of the job was the 8 hours - 12 hours none stop running around shifts with little break in-between,
most enjoyable part of the job was the staff when we got on it was the best place to work and also customers could be very nice
fun workplace
Team member (Former Employee), Chadwell HeathMarch 1, 2016
i learned that i could do anything that i put my mind to and take on new challenges, i got on well with my team members and management
productive and fun workplace
Cashline cashier (Current Employee), StevenageFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: great company
Cons: long hours
Every day has new challenges, however the team are fantastic at working together, the best part of the job, getting to know the customers.
First Job
Team Member (Former Employee), Kirkland, ENGJanuary 25, 2016
I worked within a large team on a day to day basis where communication with colleagues and managers as well as various customer types was key to working at a professional level. I gained skills in communication and teamwork which I learn to suit to the circumstances which I was to be faced with.
I was also required to work alone, this allowed me to set myself objectives to hit sales targets for specific times of the day.
fun place to work, management not so great
team member (Former Employee), BeestonJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: lovely customers
Cons: no gratitude from management
you never get any training on any department so its difficult and stressful when you first start working there. theres no thanks given, if you give an inch they take a mile and continue to expect more all the time.
learned a fair bit in my time but thats all from making mistakes from not being shown anything.
loved it
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJanuary 10, 2016
call numbers check tickets help customers work the bar work the restraunt do front of house money checks safe checks wish i could of stayed longer
fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), BroadstairsNovember 4, 2015
Pros: free lunche and the staff
Cons: long hours and terrible managers
the admin at mecca where lovely and I couldt of worked with better people everyone was so friendly it was such a good envirment to work, because of the people they made me want to work hard in the team spirit a typical day was always the same bar work kitchen work running food or cleaning also helping customers, but the managers made me feel like I wasn't up to the job, the made me feel small even though I worked I done all the extra hours and helped them a lot.
productive work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGSeptember 8, 2015
fun work place and a good environment and friendly co workers to work with duties in this role was cleaning toilets and wipeing tables and hoovering the floors
team work and friendly
team member (Former Employee), westwood crossSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: lunch not long enough
mecca is a fun place to work always able to work well in a team, always get jobs done on time, friendly environment, always kept me busy which I loved everyone works well together and always helped on an other, I liked the various jobs so I could know what im best at and what I needed to work on. I enjoyed taking away all the skills I learnt I enjoyed that I made friends and always had a positive experience and environment.
exerlant place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), wrexhamAugust 27, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: low wage
staff were really nice and helpful towards others,
management was always there on hand for help and advice.
and there was always chance to climb the ladder within the company.
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Wrexham, WLSAugust 20, 2015
Varied role.

Hard work but fun

Service sector

Variable hours. Customer focused and knowledge

Worked in different departments including bar area, kitchen and shop and bingo calling
Bar Work
Front of House Manager (Former Employee), DewsburyJuly 29, 2015
it was a job were you did numerous other jobs in one,front of house,bar and service work,team working,cleaning,security,
typical day early mornings cleaning-break until lunch games and then work through till late on in the evening
customer satisfaction services,handling monies,comunication ,being a team player or on my own
fun and challenging every day
Senior Team Member (Former Employee), GraysJuly 23, 2015
Everyone worked as a team and we all learned how other departments worked apart from our own and learning new skills along the way. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and we had a great rapport with most of them. Fun place to work
Fun workplace
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee), sittingbourneJune 26, 2015
Pros: only working mornings
Cons: having to fill in a weekends
Over the past 13 years that i have worked for mecca bingo i enjoyed waking up in the morning to know that i will satisfy the customers on a daily basic, my co-workers were fantastic and was happy with every decision I made to make the day run more smoothly, I enjoyed every aspect of my job as it was making customers experience more enjoyable with a clean and comfortable place to have fun.
My Workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee), lutonMay 20, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: long hours
With Mecca Bingo everyday is different. It Varies. it can be good can be bad. the customers are great which i enjoy. meeting new people and the regulars also
Good Job to start a career
Team Leader/ Duty Manager (Current Employee), Luton, BedfordshireMay 11, 2015
Pros: Achievements and team development
Cons: Long Hrs
A typical day at mecca for me is very long hours but most days rewarding and productive. Mecca keeps you on the go all the time.

I have lurnt so much in the 7 years i have worked here and started all the way at the bottom, from team member up to team leader, events manager and duty manager.

my co-workers when they are on the ball are such an amazing team with lots of different personalilties.

the hardest thing about my job is that its very long hours and dont spend alot of time at home but the reward thing is achiving all my goals individually and as a team.

my mind is always coming up with new iders and my office is full of projects i really want to try if i had the funding to deliver them

the 1 thing i can take from my career at mecca is i have made some brilliant friends along the way and i met my husbond here to
nights and weekends
Team Member (Current Employee), Bolton, ENGMay 7, 2015
Pros: a free main session once a month
Cons: late nights, weekends, rubbish pay and no staff
worked here for 16 years , now getting made redundant. had some great managers over the years. wont miss the job as its nights and weekends but will miss the lovely friends that ive made.
Mecca was ok but not great
Team Member (Former Employee), Saint Peters, ENGMay 6, 2015
Pros: It paid the bills
Cons: Too much Favortism
Working for Mecca was ok but management was really Kronyistic and treated their favourites better than other employees.
Management in my club are second to none
Cashier .. Admin (Current Employee), StaffordshireMay 4, 2015
Pros: Part of a team
Cons: Long hours (take some getting used to ..)
I've been in Mecca for two weeks and got to say this is a complete change for me always worked a Monday to Friday 9to 5 but Mecca offers me the unsociable hours I need. My club is brilliant the management and staff are amazing, the training isn't as structured as liked but in a club with not a lot of staff and a lot to do there are not many people that can be spared to babysit the newbies but they understand we are new and help us out as much as humanly possible. My manager is brilliant and makes me feel totally at ease that I'm new and will make mistakes but not to beat myself up about it etc . Some reviews are awful but not all clubs are the same so please do not take the bad reviews as a generalisation . If you are considering a career in Mecca yes there are long shifts but the club and its team members are a family and if you can cope with the hours you will be welcomed with open arms .