Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

Not family friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire17 March 2017
Although the job was a very easy job, the commitments expected of you were not good if you have a family.

Every day was different

Management was constantly changing. In the 15 months i was there there were 4 different managers so you can build a good relationship with one and they move to another club
Pros
1/2 price staff meals
Cons
not good if you have a family
Fun workplace
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset28 February 2017
Food prep
Working in the bar or kitchen for the shift e.g cooking, pot wash, running food, serving on the bar
Cashier/ floor staff- sorting winnings and cashing up at end of shift checking claims
Pros
Free lunch after 6 hours, good staff relationships
Cons
Split shifts
very fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Romford, Essex, UK27 February 2017
work was easy laid back and fun. it builds confidence and promotes both team work and individuality. makes you better at dealing with customer problems
Productive workplace
Customer servive assistant/ handyman (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk23 February 2017
Mecca bingo was a very fun place to work,it has a new main share holder now and they are very money orientated which has dampened the role considerably.
Pros
Half price food, good holidays, good rates of pay
Cons
Unsociable hours
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bradford, UK22 February 2017
I enjoyed working at mecca bingo, it was always a lively, enjoyable atomasphere.
I learnt to work behind a bar and pour drinks, it was the kind of job where you had to smile at the lucky winners.
summary
Team member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire16 February 2017
A typical day as a team member I cleaned the bingo hall, I worked in the cashline, I learned • Cash line – Collect and give out change to customers
• Cash line – Collect and count money from zone machines
• Cash line – Put leaflets out on tables to help advertise and promote the bingo
• Helped and gave customers the best advice when required – strong customer focus
• Cleaned tables and hoovered
• Worked well as part of a team
• Was required to study and undergo ongoing assessments throughout the year
• Gained Mecca Liquor License accreditation and Food Hygiene certificate
• The role required me to have a good understanding of equality and diversity
• This role allowed me to develop my understanding of managerial performance and behaviours
the environment was very poor as a lot of bad behaviour and it wasn't treated as a job, the hardest part of the job was trying to persuade people to work together as a team and follow the rules and regulations which weren't followed. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet and know regular customers and gaining the experience and skills.
Pros
very challenging, identify levels of structures
Cons
no structor. too much aggression
Loved staff and customers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cross Gates13 February 2017
Hard work with a great team and lovely customers that made the job enjoyable.Managers were a problem and I felt that if your face didn't fit you did not advance in the job.I also felt that the management had no empathy or support for staff that needed it.
Awful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent7 February 2017
Terrible workplace. Manager is useless and there is never any staff working. Customers treat you like dirt and so does the management....AVOID.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Overworked and Underpaid
learning
Senior Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southend on Sea, UK5 February 2017
This job had a pros and cons.I learnt a lot whilst working here not just within the industry but about myself. The hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours we worked but the best part of the job was meeting loads of different characters.
Busy and fun place of work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham31 January 2017
Going to work was an enjoyable experience, meeting a wide variety of customers daily was ecxiting and I worked with a good team of staff. Timing was extremely important in this job making sure customers recieved the correct payments in good time of claiming and making sure new customers were reassured how to pplay the game and what was expected of us as well as them. Management was always present and could be called upon should there have been a problem that needed addressing.
Definitely a learning curve
Kitchen Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Beeston, Nottinghamshire8 January 2017
Usually, my job consisted of prepping food for customers for later on in the day, checking stock, and doing the stock rotation. There was always something to do. The management in my opinion was poor, and did not allow for circumstances which could not be helped, I saw little compassion or consideration towards me as a person. Some of the staff there can be particularly rude, and insulting. It was very hard to work as part of a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction I got with customers.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, Work arranged parties
Cons
Lack of organisation, lack of communication, and staff that can be rude and insulting.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire4 January 2017
It was a very good working place except of low staff and stress it was difficult to enjoy the work , the customers were the best thing about working at Mecca
Pros
Customers
Cons
Short staffed
good to work four
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 January 2017
good place to work for all the staff go to get along with and the management was really easy to talk to and I liked work there because I got to talk to people at the place
Pros
all round
Cons
not really
Fun workplace great team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire28 December 2016
This place is out going and fun place to work while you are at work you get to enjoy it. There are various areas you can work in and it's also flexible on hours.
Fun work
Team Leader duty manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 December 2016
It was great no day was the same meet great people the job was good got to learn lots of different skills I was made to feel part of Mecca an part of a team
Pros
Discount meals
Terrible
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire27 November 2016
Under staffed, poor working conditions, Managers have a bad attitude, staff are unhelpful... overall the worst place I have ever worked in.
Pros
Cons
split shifts, certain members of staff get to choose what they do, long hours. under staffed, rude customers
organised workplace
Team Member (Bar and Kitchen member) (Former Employee) –  Doncaster24 November 2016
Great staff
fast paced work
fun customers
management approachable
no two days were the same
lots of variation
the hardest part of the job were the split shifts as you would start at 10 in the morning, two hour break and back in till 10 at night.
Review of Mecca Bingo Employment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees15 November 2016
Having been in the role for the best part of my working life, there are many pro's and con's. A great starting job to learn basic skills and to give a taste of a working environment; however, there is not enough for a long-term career development. I believe I am capable of more, willing to do more, to achieve.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Split Shifts, Lack of Motivation, No Great Career Prospects
terrible place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 October 2016
I worked in mecca bingo for 3 months and left due to management not doing anything about my problems, i also worked there with my mum and my mum left after 3 years of being there due to management.

I really enjoyed working in the bingo, learning different roles and getting to know the regular customers.
I learnt alot of things while i was there, cashline, bar work, cash handling, waiting on, cook & front of house.
Pros
learning different roles
Cons
management not doing anything about your problems
fun workplace
Bingo Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port3 October 2016
good place of work. customers are very friendly, staff are always willing to help out if in trouble. The hardest part of the job is the hours. every shift is a split shift from 12 pm until 11 pm latest. although it means a very long 2 hour break in between shifts. each month you get a free bingo voucher to use at any other club and with that you can get a free drink and half price on meals or deserts.
Pros
free bingo
Cons
split shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mecca Bingo. Our community is ready to answer.