Position Available: Youth Engagement Coordinator
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking a Youth Engagement Coordinator to grow our Open Trips and Take Action Academy programs. As a natural driver, the Youth Engagement Coordinator works to build relationships with youth and their parents through outreach on the phone, finding new clients and growing our sales pipeline of new prospects. We are looking for someone that has an engaging personality with strong phone communication skills. Me to We is a growing team with a lot of opportunity.
The position is based out of Me to We Offices in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
A minimum two-year commitment is required.
The compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the e-mail address listed
Please quote “Youth Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Proportion of Time Spent 75%
- Work aggressively on the phone to meet sales targets, and develop new business through proactive engagement activities.
- Responsible for calling clients and sending information via email.
- Understands the importance of phone communication, with a strong phone call to email ratio.
- Create new prospects and follow-up given leads with a sense of urgency to ensure the highest level of success and service.
- Supporting customers on the phone throughout the relationship; helping with fundraising as needed, seeking customer feedback: taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Discuss client needs and craft relevant solutions.
- Liaise closely with Coordination team to pass on relevant client information for a successful Open Trip or Academy experience.
Recording Weekly Progress
Proportion of Time Spent 5%
- Record all steps of the engagement process utilizing our client management tool - Salesforce, reporting progress weekly.
Front Line Outreach
Proportion of Time Spent 20%
- Run Me to We booths at trade shows, conferences, events, and speeches, capturing strong youth/parent leads for Open Trips & Academy. Averaging one day per week.
- Consistently look for and execute on opportunities to cross sell other Me to We products and services.
- Provide additional support on outreach activities (phone calls, emails, etc.) during busy periods.
- Finding personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture.
What is required to be successful in this role
- Excellent phone communication skills, with the ability to handle high phone call volume.
- Focus on revenue driving activities and maintaining a sense of urgency.
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve our sales strategies and tactics at every stage of the engagement process.
- Belief in the value of Me to We Open Trips and Academy experience.
Skills and Qualifications
An articulate, self-motivated team player with proven past success in building client relationships and creating sales, you possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous sales or retail experience.
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage clients (youth, parents) on the phone & in person.
- High degree of flexibility; open to working evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong ability to seek new opportunities and think creatively.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented department.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability.
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team member, but also as a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and knowledge of Salesforce.
- Reliable individual, willing to travel to conferences in Ontario, Canada, and the United States to represent Me to We.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- International travel experiences an asset.
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world. If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit. If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.