Position Available: Me to We Speaking Coordinator
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children, our best friend and charity partner who was recently named a Top Employer for Young People and the other half is reinvested to grow Me to We.
Me to We seeks a strong and talented Speaking Coordinator who will be responsible for organizing and coordinating logistical details for Me to We Speakers.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
- Housing option
- Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Me to We’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for two years. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Liaise and coordinate activities between speakers, Executive Office, clients, event organizers and speaker bureaus
- Utilize SALESFORCE database software to maintain client contacts and manage events/details for bookings
- Compile and research information for speaking engagements
- Compile and send pre-event materials to clients
- Ensure superior customer service is provided to internal stakeholders/departments and external relationships that meet organizational core values
- Collaborate with other departments, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Assist at speaking engagements as support when required
- Front desk relief duties when required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business College or University Degree
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
- Be able to multi-task in a demanding and fast work environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with basic word processing and financial software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, databases)
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and inter-personal skills
- Willing to work long hours and be a dedicated member of the team
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude (no job is too big or too small)
- Reliable, and able to set and meet deadlines
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.