Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking a Sales Manager of Corporate and Family to lead the Corporate and Family team to grow Me to We’s Corporate, Family and Adult travel division. The Corporate and Family team is responsible for the sale and coordination of Me to We Volunteer Adventure trips for corporate groups, families, and adults to destinations including Kenya, India and Ecuador. The Corporate and Family team is formed of two separate divisions, including:
1. Engagement – responsible for the sale of trips and continued re-engagement of all guests for further integration in Me to We and Free The Children opportunities; and
2. Coordination – responsible for the coordination and execution of all adult trips post sale and through execution of the trip in country.
As a personable, professional and motivated leader, the Sales Manager of Corporate and Family will oversee the entire team and manage a team of high performing individuals, with a primary focus on sales and engagement. The successful individual will lead, measure and guide the sales team to meet aggressive growth targets and ensure that proper strategy is in place to meet these growth targets, including the consistent evaluation of pipeline and creation of opportunities. This individual will also be responsible for direct sales and may hold key partnerships or build relationships with adults, families and corporate individuals through email and telephone outreach as well as in-person meetings and presentations, from initial trip engagement through participants’ return from a trip. Finally, the successful candidate will ensure the Corporate and Family team as a whole operates in a unified fashion, and will ensure that the Coordination team receives full support in order to improve efficiency and results from a coordination perspective.
The successful candidate will possess expertise and experience in sales and ideally in travel.
This is a one year contract for maternity leave. There is a six (6) month probationary period for this position; upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Me to We’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). Salary range between $50,000 - $55,000
Please quote “Sales Manager , Corporate & Family” in the subject line.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us in May, 2013.
Sales and Engagement
Proportion of Time Spent per week 70%
- Work with the COO and CEO of Me to We to define yearly sales targets. Director remains ultimately accountable to the organization for the Corporate and Family team meeting its monthly and annual matrix targets
- Train the sales/engagement team, including with respect to sales tactics, product information, and key demographic profiles. Ongoing refinement of sales team, including through call shadowing.
- Responsible for strategy and execution of pipeline generation for both family and corporate clients in order to ensure sales targets can be achieved, including through strategic partnerships with other Free The Children and Me to We teams, new business development strategies, re-engagement strategies and other tactics.
- Specific focus on aggressive growth within the corporate market through new business development strategies alongside Me to We’s Associate Director of Corporate and Family.
- Report regularly to COO/CEO regarding team’s sales, pipeline and strategy.
- Consistent refinement and improvement of the team’s use of Salesforce to improve efficiency and strategic sales, including through the creation of reports, creation of measurement dashboards, maintenance of products and review to ensure all data included in Salesforce is clean and follows SOPs.
- Work aggressively on the phone and via email, alongside the sales team, to meet annual sales targets, meet organizational priorities, and develop new business through proactive engagement activities.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of customer engagement and relationship building with maturity and professionalism, focusing on high-touch relationships and meaningful conversation.
- Host presentations, pitching volunteer trips to new and existing adult, family and corporate clients, and pre-departure sessions for existing clients.
- Attend events and speaking engagements for the purpose of networking and promoting Me to We Trips (possible evening and weekends), generating interest and prospects
- Establish customer satisfaction and loyalty with our existing clients through post-trip follow up, supporting travelers through continued engagement with Me to We and Free The Children, and seeking referrals for future trips engagement.
- Liaise closely with other Free The Children and Me to We departments and directors to ensure stakeholders are given the opportunity to engage in Me to We Trips and all opportunities across organizational stakeholders are maximized.
- Consistently look for and execute on opportunities to cross sell other Me to We products and services.
- Find personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture.
Operations and Coordination Support
Proportion of Time Spent per week 10%
- Help to streamline current systems, technologies and SOPs for the coordination team, ensuring that new systems used across the organization are adopted within the Corporate and Family Engagement Team.
- Ensure consistent use, by the team, of Me to We’s client management tool, Salesforce, consistently refining the team’s use of the system to improve efficiency and reporting.
- Act as an escalation point for coordination team or client issue resolution.
- Ensure smooth operations internally, amongst engagement team, coordination team and in-country teams in Kenya, India and Ecuador with respect to adult trips programming.
- Support the CEO of Me to We with financial reconciliation and planning.
Proportion of Time Spent per week 10%
- Hire team members, screening resumes and applications for potential candidates, as appropriate.
- Train team members with respect to sales tactics, product information, and key demographic profiles.Ongoing refinement of sales team, including through call shadowing.
- Lead individual check-ins from an HR perspective as well as regarding job performance, and provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to staff as applicable.
- Lead individual and team check ins to review team metrics and goals.
- Run regular team meetings, sharing departmental and organizational priorities and ensuring team is properly set up for weekly priorities and action items.
Proportion of Time Spent per week 10%
- Liaise on all creative projects, promotional and marketing materials pertaining to Corporate and Family experiences.
- Manage any PR opportunities alongside PR team pertaining to Corporate and Family experiences.
- Liaise with all other Me to We and Free The Children departments to ensure strategic working relationships are maintained and teams are properly supported by the Corporate and Family Engagement team as required.
- Work with the We Day team to ensure that Corporate and Family Engagement priorities are reflected across all We Day events and that Corporate and Family team members are appropriately staffed at all We Day events.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of retail or sales experience and minimum 2 years of management
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage clients on the phone & in person.
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team member, but also as a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization.
- Positive, flexible and a “get-it-done” attitude.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and online research.
- Highly organized, strategic and resourceful
- Reliable individual willing to travel across North America with various event opportunities
Indeed - 21 months ago