Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me To We is seeking a Sales & Engagement Specialist to join the Corporate and Family Engagement team to grow our corporate, family and adult travel portfolio. As a personable, professional and motivated individual, the Sales & Engagement Specialist will be part of a larger team responsible for the sale of Me to We’s trips to Kenya, India and Ecuador to adult stakeholders, with an emphasis on corporate and family clients. This individual will build relationships with adults and corporate individuals and organizations through email and telephone outreach as well as in-person meetings and presentations, from initial trip engagement through participants’ return from a trip, consistently supporting and encouraging participants in developing holistic connections to Free The Children and Me to We.
The position is based out of Me to We’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). A minimum two year commitment is required. There is a six (6) month probationary period for this position; upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please quote “Sales and Engagement Specialist, Corporate and Family Engagement” in the subject line.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us in May, 2013.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the Me to We philosophy.
Proportion of Time Spent 80%
- Work aggressively on the phone and via email to meet annual sales targets, meet organizational priorities, and develop new business through proactive engagement activities.
- Create new prospects and follow-up with leads in a timely way to ensure the highest level of success and service.
- Manage existing corporate relationships including reengagement in trips opportunities and employee engagement in order to full trips which have been secured.
- Host presentations, pitching volunteer trips to new and existing adult, family and corporate clients, and pre-departure sessions for existing clients.
- Attend meetings and calls with existing corporate clients to maintain relationships.
- Attend events and speaking engagements for the purpose of networking and promoting Me to We Trips (possible evening and weekends), generating interest and prospects.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of customer engagement and relationship building with maturity and professionalism, focussing on high-touch relationships and meaningful conversation.
- Prepare customized trip and travel experiences for clients, including customized itineraries, costing, and enhancements/add-ons (additional safaris, coastal visits, etc.)
- Participate is regular team call times to outreach to new leads in an organization way.
- Sell airfare and RBC Insurance to trip participants.
- Establish customer satisfaction and loyalty with our existing clients through post-trip follow up, supporting travellers through continued engagement with Me to We and Free The Children, and seeking referrals for future trips engagement.
- Prepare post trip reports and analysis for corporate clients, for the purposes of reengagement.
- Liaise closely with other Free The Children and Me to We departments to ensure stakeholders are given the opportunity to engage in Me to We Trips, and project manage files as appropriate between Me to We and Free The Children.
- Consistently look for and execute on opportunities to cross sell other Me to We products and services.
- Find personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture.
Recording Weekly Progress:
Proportion of Time Spent 10%
- Record all steps of the engagement process utilizing our client management tool - Salesforce, reporting progress weekly.
- Consistently using Salesforce reporting as a tool to measure goals, success and personal progress.
Proportion of Time Spent: 10%
- Liaise closely with Coordination team to pass on relevant client information for a successful trip experience.
- General trip operations following sale of trip: i.e. confirmation of bookings, processing payments, obtaining registration paperwork from trip participants, etc.
- Answer client FAQs ongoing prior to trip departure.
- Ensure proper post-trip follow up is completed, in particular collection of referrals and re-engagement in additional Free The Children and Me to We opportunities, to establish long-term relationships with the organization.
- Review post-trip reports and debriefs.
- An articulate, self-motivated team player with proven past success in building client relationships and driving sales, you possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous sales and employment experience, following graduation.
- Knowledge of and/or employment experience in the travel industry and/or a personal passion for travel
- Strong understanding and experience with corporate clients, adults, and families from a sales or relationship management lens.
- Excellent adherence to strict timelines.
- Formal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage clients (parents, adults, corporate executives) on the phone & in person.
- High degree of flexibility; open to working evenings and weekends as needed
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented department.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, maturity and professionalism, with a proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to seek new opportunities and think creatively.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability.
- Able to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team member, but also as a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and knowledge of Salesforce.
- International travel experience is an asset.
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Possession of a valid driver's license is preferred.
- Willingness to obtain TICO certification (if candidate has not yet been certified)
What is required to be successful in this role?
- Excellent phone communication skills, with the ability to handle high phone call volume.
- Focus on revenue driving activities.
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve our sales strategies and tactics at every stage of the engagement process.
- Belief in the value of the Me to We Trips experience.
- Expertise and experience in travel.
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.