Position Available: Retail Store Manager
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking a Retail Store Manager to manage the operations of the Me to We store and drive sales within the store and through other revenue channels. This role also oversees an Events Coordinator as well as part-time staff and volunteers. The Manager of Consumer Engagement will report directly into the Associate Director of Consumer Engagement.
This position is based out of the Me to We Store (223 Carlton Street) with a work week from Tuesday – Saturday based around store hours. A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please quote “Retail Store Manager” in the subject line
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the Me to We philosophy.
- General Store Operations (20%)
- Track accurate foot traffic
- Manage the floor to gain insight into customer needs and wants
- Manage the store meeting spaces as well as in store events (including volunteers) and communicate with those involved effectively and proactively
- Communicate success with team members (Conversions, Up Sells, and Exceptional Customer Service, etc.)
- Managing Part-time Staff (25%)
- Create staff schedule on a bi-weekly basis
- Manage payroll
- Hiring part-time staff
- Provide consistent informal and formal training
- Communicate the direction of the organization whether it be key messaging, promotion items or other
- Ensure the team meets targeted sales goals & foot traffic to conversation ratios
- Create an environment of consistency, reliability, and accountability
- Role model of superior customer service
- Merchandising (20%)
- Liaise with Associate Director on creative vision for window and product displays in the store, ensuring organizational focus
- Execute the vision with approval from Associate Director
- Keep store looking fresh and immaculate
- Inventory Management (10%)
- Monitor inventory, product sales, and general supplies – reordering when necessary and reordering proactively
- Events Management (25%)
- Planning and executing all internal events
- Overseeing the Events Coordinator to ensure there is a strong external event pipeline
- Planning and creating visual merchandising displays
- Creating and maintaining event packing lists
- Reconciling event revenue
- Training staff on event execution and procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Significant experience working in a retail environment (sales and/or customer service experience is an asset)
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience training and supervising staff
- Eye for merchandising
- Ability to work and succeed with minimal direction
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team player, but also a forward thinking self-starter
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization.
- Positive, flexible and a get-it-done attitude.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and online research.
- Resourceful, self-motivated and energetic
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.