Position Available: Public Relations Manager
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is a new kind of social enterprise for people who want to help change the world with their daily choices. Through our media, products and leadership experiences, we support Free The Children‘s work with youth creating global change. Every trip, t-shirt, song, book, speech, thought, smile and choice adds up to a lifestyle that’s part of the worldwide movement of we.
Me to We is seeking a Public Relations Manager who will report to the Director of Public Relations. The candidate should have two to three years of experience working in public relations, with experience in consumer/packaged goods media relations, and have strong communications skills, both verbally and written.
The position is based out of Me to We Offices in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). A minimum two year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the e-mail address listed
Please quote “Public Relations Manager” in the subject line
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the Me to We philosophy.
- Report to the Director of Public Relations
- Manage and mentor a shared Public Relations Coordinator
- Plan and execute all public relations activities for Me to We – ranging from launching a new Trip offering, to helping to raise the profile on one of our Me to We Speakers
- Work closely with internal business units; understand their business objectives; and create sound Public Relations strategies and tactics to support them
- Assist in media material development and key message development
- Participate in media training sessions for organizational spokespeople
- Coordinate, prepare and facilitate interviews with Me to We spokespeople and various ambassadors
- Assist in day-to-day team management
- Administer the highest level of quality control
- Available to work evening and weekends where necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two to three years of experience working in Public Relations
- Agency experience an asset, with a focus on consumer packaged goods and services
- Strong relationships with lifestyle/travel media an asset
- Experience in and proven understanding of successes in media relations and social media
- Capable of demonstrating strong diplomatic and critical listening skills
- Extremely organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Proactive with the ability to provide prompt follow through on projects
- An organized self-starter, with the ability to work well both independently and as a team
- Ability to accept specific direction, with a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, Journalism, English or PR-related discipline and/or relevant experience in the field
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.