Position Available: Manager, Youth Engagement
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking a Manager of Youth Engagement to join our growing sales team. This individual will manage a team to reach sales targets for Me to We’s Youth Trips overseas and Take Action Camp. Like a coach with players, the Manager of Youth Engagement sets the pace and provides clarification on all tactical initiatives designed to manage our clients (youth and their parents) and acquire sales.
The Manager of Youth Engagement should be an accomplished salesperson with a proven ability to lead a team, possess strong communication skills, and have a passion to mentor and inspire others. By enhancing the team’s production, the Manager of Youth Engagement, creates a winning culture which helps retain our best engagement team members. The successful candidate will work with great people in a positive working environment which values making a meaningful impact.
The position is based out of Me to We Office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street) with an immediate start date. A minimum two-year commitment is required. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistance Program.
Please quote “Manager, Youth Engagement” in the subject line
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the Me to We philosophy.
Daily Operations and Training:
- Review team performance with a high degree of accountability, utilizing the CRM tool Salesforce. Identify challenges and strategies, addressing performance metrics in weekly check-ins with team members.
- Provide structured and ad-hoc one-on-one coaching, listen in on calls, create sales trainings, and mentor all staff to ensure they meet or exceed quotas – create a positive sales culture within the team.
- Lead individual check-ins at the beginning of the week to review previous week performance, mentor pipeline strategy, set individual goals and action items for the week.
- Run the daily team huddle before call time. Review the previous day’s sales numbers, changes in strategy, and ensure that all leads have been followed up with urgently.
- Track and share insights on staff performance regularly to the Youth Engagement Director.
- Ensure the team remains focused on activities which are closest to the dollar, protecting the team’s time.
- Act as an escalation point for client or staff issue resolution.
- Plan & execute new staff on-boarding, ensuring a quick transition into the Youth Engagement Team and new staff are able to quickly produce results.
- Act as an example for the team by managing a small portfolio of clients, periodically making phone calls during call time. Manage high-touch clients coming through the department.
- Maintain an up-to-date account of your team’s sales pipeline, activities, and closes, reporting insights to the Youth Engagement Director in a weekly check-in.
- Formulate and execute the department’s sales strategy, tracking results and having an ability to quickly develop creative new strategies in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Liaise with other departments to generate leads and strengthen pipeline, maintain quality control with internal and external leads.
- Lead trainings for other departments to increase quantity and quality of leads and referrals.
- Find and select events/conferences to attend for lead generation and organize staffing.
- Lead and maintain a winning sales culture, where team members feel continued personal development and job satisfaction.
- Personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of sales experience
- Bachelor‘s degree or commensurate experience
- Proven ability to manage and motivate high performing teams
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team member, but also as a self-starter
- Ability to take initiative - developing new opportunities and thinking creatively
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision
- Excellent adhering to strict timelines and attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player with all levels of management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience engaging others through presentations, public speaking and/or facilitation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Experience travelling or volunteering abroad is an asset
- Experience working with educators or youth is an asset
- Flexibility to travel to conferences in North America, representing Me to We
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
What is required to be successful in this role?
- The ability to set clear expectations and hold individuals accountable.
- Meet and mentor staff on a daily / weekly basis, focusing on team production.
- Utilizing Salesforce to maintain a disciplined focus on team pipeline and sales performance.
- Create and lead a positive sales culture within the Youth Engagement team.
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve our sales strategies.
- Belief in the value of Me to We trips and camp experiences.
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.