Position Available: Manager of Coordination, Youth International Volunteer Trips and Take Action Camp
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking a Manager of Coordination. This dynamic, hardworking individual will oversee the day-to-day operations of Me to We’s International Youth Volunteer Trips and Take Action Camp. The success of the Me to We School & Youth Coordination Team is measured (at both the departmental and organizational level) by the safety, quality and efficiency of each program. The Me to We School & Youth Coordination Team seeks a strong leader who will continually strengthen these objectives and strive for constant improvement of these life-changing experiences for Me to We participants.
The position is based out of Me to We Offices in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please quote “Manager of Coordination” in the subject line
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the Me to We philosophy.
The Manager of Coordination is required to maintain a balance in perspective focusing internally on team operations and externally on customer service. Customer service is our bottom line, all day-to-day operations and long term strategies must be made keeping customer service as our top priority.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the following Me to We experiences: Youth International Volunteer Trips and Take Action Camp. This involves overseeing a team of trip and camp coordinators who are responsible for managing their own portfolio of clients, in addition to managing your own small portfolio of VIP clients.
- Host weekly check-ins with each coordinator to provide support, coaching, problem solving, and course correction
- Responsible for creating and delivering ongoing and quarterly training sessions to ensure coordinators are seeking the highest level of quality and accuracy in their work (especially as this relates to external communication)
- Ensure accuracy and quality of all steps of the trip or camp coordination process and all client correspondence utilizing our client management tool – Salesforce
- Ongoing processing, tracking and reconciliation of all payments by program participants
- Responsible for the weekly reporting and analysis of team progress and finances, ensuring they are accurate and complete.
- Maintain frequent communication with country teams in regards to programmatic logistics (on a weekly or bi-weekly basis)
- Work closely with the Engagement and Leadership teams to ensure alignment towards shared goals
- Foster a sense of community among the team members within the context of our organizational core values
- Assist Director and Associate Director of Coordination on HR matters: i.e.: interviewing new hires, providing course correction of team members in regards to behavioural misalignment, addressing quality of work, etc.
- Foster a culture built on achieving excellence in customer service
- Work with external stakeholders (educators, parents, students) and country/regional offices to provide tailored programs that enhance the leadership development and volunteerism of youth
- Support coordinators in proactively reaching out to all clients and reactively responding to all clients inquire to ensure their trip and camp coordination timelines are met and expectations exceeded.
- Follow up with evaluations of our programming, offer a support network for participants after the trip in consultation with the trip facilitation team, and host feedback phone or in-person conversations with parents/youth.
- Report to and work with Associate Director of Coordination to ensure alignment of team focuses and program expectations to ensure we are providing all clients with a safe and seamless experience
- Manage all proactive and reactive customer service issues, and work with your senior management team on escalated customer service and risk management issues
- Seek support from Associate Director of Coordination with coordination related issues, determining what/when issues need to be escalated to Director of Coordination and/or Executive Director of Trips
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills in a professional capacity
- Proven ability to take initiative and manage high-stress situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen interest in logistics and coordination
- Strong ability to develop rapport with team members
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as public speaking skills
- International travel experience
- Personal values that match Me to We and FTC core values
- Possess a Bachelor degree preferably in Political Science, Economics, International Development/Relations, or another related field
- Experience working with basic word processing and financial software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and knowledge of databases
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Working knowledge of Salesforce an asset
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.