Position Available: Leadership and Aboriginal Programming Facilitator
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children, our best friend and charity partner who was recently named a Top Employer for Young People and the other half is reinvested to grow Me to We.
Me to We seeks an experienced full-time Trips Facilitator to join our team in Kenya. The Kenya Trips Facilitator will educate and empower youth to affect positive change in their communities and around the world by facilitating international volunteer experiences.
The compensation includes a base salary of $1500 per month (CAD) which includes accommodations.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the e-mail address listed.
Please quote “Kenya Trips Facilitator” in the subject line.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Safely lead a group of up to 30 individuals through a hands-on volunteer experience within Me To We and Free The Children facilities in Kenya
- Facilitate motivational, high-energy workshops with youth of various ages, education levels, backgrounds and interests
- Coordinate all logistics for trip including lodging, transportation, and meals
- Promote youth activism through public speaking engagements
- Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with adults who support the youth
- Maintain regular e-mail and phone contact with a large network of youth
- Develop youth-friendly curriculum for secondary and elementary school students
- Act as a positive role model for all youth through your words and actions
- Work cooperatively as part of a dynamic team as well as independently
- Represent Me To We with a high level of professionalism, passion and dedication
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of international development and extensive experience in developing countries
- Ability to manage logistical coordination with our team of Kenyan staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills through academic, professional or personal life
- Experience mentoring, teaching or otherwise supporting youth
- Ability to work inclusively with people of diverse ages, backgrounds, interests and abilities
- Valid passport, no criminal record; First Aid certification is preferred
- Beginner fluency in Swahili, with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to the language
- Proven ability to take initiative and manage high-stress situations
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills
- High level of passion, energy, creativity and a great sense of humour
- Working knowledge of two or more languages
- Writing, playing and/or performing music, art, drama, spoken word etc.
- Travel experience, willingness to travel, valid passport
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.