Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world.
Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to
We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the
positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children, our best friend and charity partner who was recently named a Top Employer for
Young People and the other half is reinvested to grow Me to We.
The Me to We Coordination Team is seeking a dynamic, hard working, driven individual with strong
organizational and customer service skills to join our department as an International Trip Coordinator.
This individual will help to empower youth through overseeing the coordination, planning, logistics, and
execution of Me to We’s International Trips. This individual will manage a portfolio of international
volunteer trips that will require them to build relationships with educators, headmasters, youth and
parents through in-person meetings, phone conversations, email correspondence and presentations.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry
level coordinator roles:
- Housing option (available only in Vancouver and Toronto)
- Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Me to We’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for two years. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
Proportion of Time Spent 55%
- Register participants with the Canadian/US Embassy, collect all medical, health insurance and
dietary information prior to the trip departure
- Create content for packages and resource materials for all countries to which Me to We travels
- Assist in the preparation of our Me to We Facilitators pre-trip be ensuring the accuracy of the
contents of their trip documents, hosting a thorough pre-trip briefing, and providing Facilitators will
all resources and information to ensure the success and safety of the trip
- Assist in the preparation of our Country Offices through the accurate recording of all trip and
participant specific medical, travel and logistics related information
- Ensure the timely payment of all trip experiences through the collection, processing and financial
management of each client’s account
- Manage fundraising projects (e.g. Personal fundraising pages, Artisans Fundraising Kit)
- Manage the trip bursaries process (e.g. applications, selections, registration for trips, etc.)
- Oversee the registration of all trip participants, ensuring that their application documents are
completed on time and accurately.
Proportion of Time Spent 40%
- Work with external stakeholders (educators, parents, students) and country teams to provide
tailored programs that enhance the leadership development and volunteerism of the international
- Proactively reach out to all clients to ensure their trip coordination timelines are met and
- Respond to all client inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Provide engaging and comforting pre-departure presentations to external stakeholders,
confidently communicating the logistics and safety details of your client’s Me to We Trip.
- Consistently seek to go above and beyond the client’s expectations
- Follow up with evaluations of our programming, offer a support network for participants after the
trip in consultation with the trip facilitation team, and host feedback phone or in-person
conversations with educators/headmasters
Recording Weekly Progress
Proportion of Time Spent 5%
- Track all steps of the trip coordination process and record all client correspondence utilizing our
client management tool - Salesforce
- Ongoing processing, tracking and reconciliation of all payments by schools and trip participants
- Providing weekly trip status and financial updates to your manager
- Work alongside fellow Me to We Trip Coordinators, Domestic Programs Coordinator and
Administrative Coordinators to ensure the accuracy and quality of the client’s experience
- Report to and consult with the Manager of Coordination
- Assist the Me to We Coordination Team with airport arrivals and departures
- Answer questions about Me to We’s School & Youth experiences from interested youth, parents
- Provide support with additional programs within the Coordination Team. In particular assisting
with the coordination, planning, logistics, and execution of Me to We Take Action Camps and
Customized Leadership Trainings
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Keen interest in logistics and coordination
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills through academic, professional or personal life
- Proven ability to take initiative and manage high-stress situations
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player and work well independently
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills
- Personal values that match Me to We and FTC core values
- Possess a degree preferably in Political Science, Economics, International
Development/Relations, or another related field
- Experience working with basic word processing and financial software (e.g., Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel) and knowledge of databases
- International travel experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- TICO certified – Travel Industry Council of Ontario (Me to We will provide training and certification
if the successful candidate does not currently hold this certification)
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people,
unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our
core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be