We are looking for a contract Program Manager , here are some of the requirements of this position.
Role: Program Manager
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Toronto
The Program Manager is accountable to manage the successful delivery of strategic, high impact
and high risk projects that form a Program. These projects have complex inter-relationships and
dependencies that, when taken together, present significant corporate risk. This will be
accomplished by using the established Client program, project and portfolio management
methodologies to establish a well defined scope and objectives, to coordinate resources from
multiple cross-divisional teams and external clients/business partners to ensure programs remain
on time and on budget. The Program Manager will act as the single point of contact, senior
advisor and spokesperson on the selection, implementation and support of the Program. The
Program Manager is accountable for the effective delivery of technology and business services
required to deliver a new Program at Client.
- Work within an existing defined Program framework that includes multiple projects and
streams of work; managing complex interdependencies.
- Direct several internal (sourced from functional departments) and external resources,
including vendors, to meet program needs; negotiate resources, mitigating resource
issues or conflicting priorities in a manner that supports program success factors.
- Manage program plans that follow Clients Program/Project Management methodology.
- Communicate regularly with all program and project stakeholders, from team members to
executive management, ensuring appropriate messages are conveyed.
- Develop and manage the program budget by assessing, identifying and quantifying
program-related expenditures and costs.
- Create and communicate detailed program plans, identifying resource requirements,
program milestones, dependencies, risks, key success factors, as well as
communication, training and launch plans.
- Monitor program activities against approved scope, schedule, budget and quality and be
proactive in taking corrective action for deviations from plan.
- Create and get approval in advance for changes to program scope, schedule and
- Participate in post-project reviews with project teams within the program and incorporate
lessons learned into the program for continuous improvement.
- Participate and contribute to CPG (Corporate Project Governance) continuous
improvement in Project and Program Management for greater service excellence.
- Coach and mentor others, conduct learning and/or knowledge sharing sessions.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- Education level of a University degree, college diploma or equivalent in business,
information technology or other related field.
- At least 15 years business experience in medium to large organizations; 10 years’
experience managing complex transformative programs with multiple projects (including
business transformation, legacy application development, COTS, Software as a Service,
etc.) with a high degree of strategic alignment, complex interdependencies, multiple.
interfaces, organizational change management, business process change, regulatory
compliance, internal controls, risk management, and technology deployment.
- Broad based knowledge of leading and managing teams.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with managing vendors on medium to large capital
projects required; with a well-balanced knowledge of human resources and technology
- Experience directing large, multi-disciplined teams in the implementation of large scale
business and information technology solutions.
- Significant experience in strategic, tactical and operational planning and budgeting. * Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with demonstrated
Ability to communicate effectively with senior levels of management and external
- Ability to ensure clarity of vision and alignment to key objectives.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to
work effectively in a multi-disciplined team environment and managing changing
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and
- Expert knowledge and proven project management skills including; project integration
management, project scope management, project time management, project cost
management, project quality management, project communication management, project
procurement management, project human resource management, organizational change
- Effective in facilitating large group work sessions.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project, MS Visio, Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of the Lottery and/or Casino Gaming or similar industry is an asset.
- Experience working in a public sector environment is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation is an asset.
Please submit your resume for consideration.