We are looking for a contract Manager, Change Management , here are some of the requirements of this position.
Sub-Category: Organizational Change Management
Role: Manager, Change Management
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Toronto
Play a key role in helping organizational change initiatives meet business, schedule and budget
objectives. This person will focus on the critical people side of change. The primary focus will be creating and implementing organizational change management plans that minimize employee
resistance and maximize employee engagement. The Manager, Change Management will work
to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes
impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
- Develop organizational change management strategies to support the overarching
Change Management Modernization strategy.
- Apply a structured organizational change management approach and methodology for
the people side of change caused by projects and change efforts.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop
specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted organizational change management plans –
including a communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and
resistance management plan. Work with project teams and business leaders to integrate
organizational change management activities into overall work plans. Work with
communication, training, HR and OD specialists in the formulation of particular plans and
activities to support change.
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Be an active and visible coach to organizational change sponsors and leaders.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency
of individual organizational changes.
- Identify on-going resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field or equivalent business experience.
Organizational Change Management certification (Prosci) preferred. Project
Management and Coaching training are a plus.
- Eight (8) + years of progressive business / organizational change management
experience in a complex environment.
- Experience facilitating large-scale organizational change, coupled with knowledge of
organizational change management principles and methodologies. Experience leading
the development of organizational change management strategies, approaches and
tactics with a variety of different business units.
- Coaching leaders and managers on effective employee engagement practices and
developing practical approaches to developing people management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and facilitation skills. Strong active listening skills. Ability to
build and assess communication strategies and tactics to maximize impact.
- Savvy influencing and collaboration skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a highly matrixes environment and build, lead and facilitate collaboration across functional teams.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process;
experience with ADKAR is a plus.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills. Strong analytic and decision making
- Must be a team player who is able to work with and through others using their strong
influencing skills to drive toward a common vision or goal despite contextual
ambiguities .Must thrive in an ambiguous working environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Must have strategic orientation and strong business acumen with outcomes and
- Sound to advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Strong Risk Management knowledge including assessment of people-side risks and
identification and development of mitigation strategies and escalation processes.
Please submit your resume for consideration.