We are looking for a contract Manager, Strategic Sourcing, here are some of the requirements of this position.
Role: Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Toronto
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing specializes in Operational Procurement and Alternative Service
Delivery Programs and will be responsible for providing procurement management for all
outsourced and in-house projects, technology team outsource projects, and project development
teams including planning, scheduling, implementation, vendor management and tracking
requirements. The Manager will also be responsible for facilitating partner engagements resulting in appropriate contracts, quality delivery to Client’s standards via partner oversight engagement models, and ensuring Client receives effective post deployment support via governance & structure models for contracts.
- Responsible for procurement for complex programs and projects. Right from the designing and development, through to the production and contract lifecycle management.
- Responsible and manages the creating of Procurement strategies for contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Planning and scheduling of procurement project goals, milestones and deliverables.
- Defining procurement requirements and planning the project life cycle deployment.
- Defining procurement resources and schedule for project and program implementation.
- Supporting and providing advice to the project engineering team and managing conflicts within the different groups.
- Performing team assessment and evaluations.
- Negotiate Non-Disclosure, Master Services Agreements and Contract T&C’s.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to develop Contractual cost models and financial information for on-going cost tracking.
- Lead relationship discussions within the context of a Partner Due Diligence and on-going
reviews of all Client projects.
- Build strong relationships at Partner Director and CXO level within partners.
- Reports relationship status on a timely basis and builds key metrics to evaluate Partner
- Enhance Account Governance & Structure templates and contribute to strategic policy
- Program Manage workflow with multiple Strategic Partners – Product Pipeline, Demand
- Chair Monthly/Quarterly Relationship and Operational Meetings.
- This position requires a minimum education level equivalent to a University degree in
Business Administration, working towards a designation in Procurement.
- This position requires a minimum of five (5) years Procurement/ASD management
experience in a Public or Private enterprise environment.
- Proven ability to Manage Service Level, Vendor Management and Performance Metrix.
- Sound knowledge of Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ),
Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Tenders (RFT), purchasing methods and
- Effective analytical, value analysis skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and research skills.
- Proficient in PeopleSoft or equivalent purchasing systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of AGCO regulations and the Gaming Control Act.
- Proven experience in RFX/producing contracts and agreements.
- Working knowledge of Provincial Government purchasing policies and procedures an
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills supported with an ability to deal effectively with all levels of management, staff and external vendors.
- Ability to interpret and implement corporate policy in all corporate purchases.
- Sound judgment, decision making, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with changing priorities.
- Ability to function in and commit positively to a working team environment is mandatory.
Please submit your resume for consideration.