We are looking for a contract IT Service Management Process Specialist, here are some of the requirements of this position.
Category: Service Management Processes
Role: IT Service Management Process Specialist
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Toronto
Hours: Primarily 7.25 hours per day with occasional temporary changes to schedule,
Including, possible overtime.
The primary purpose of this role is to execute the day to day process activities for the assigned
process area ensuring its quality, integrity and appropriate maturity through adherence to ITIL
Practices, and implemented COBIT controls.
This role supports the Process Manager to design, implement, operate, measure and
Continuously improve the process(i.e) assigned.
- Executes daily operational tasks of the process areas.
- Oversees process records in the IT Service Management toolset in order to ensure
compliance to process controls and requirements.
- Respond to requests for information and provides process support to participants as
- Performs compliance monitoring and escalation.
- Facilitates and or participates in process related meetings such as Major
Problem/Incident Reviews, Change Advisory Board.
- Provides back up support for the Process Manager of one or more IT Service
- Acts as a SME for their process area in order to provide input to continuously improve
and better manage client’s IT Services.
- Assist in the development and delivery of formal process training, provide mentorship as
- Support the integration of all key ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) liaising with other Process Managers, Specialists and IT resources.
- Recommend ESM tool requirements and enhancements to better support the process.
- Contribute to and support the assessment and maturity of the Problem Management
process through regular audits and reviews.
- This position requires a minimum of a university degree, college diploma, or equivalent in an IT related field and related work experience in an medium sized IT department practicing ITIL/COBIT processes.
- Specific, detailed knowledge in the assigned process area is required.
- Specific, detailed knowledge and experience in process improvement projects through
the use of the Six Sigma (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)methodology.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in operational process activities and/or
improvements in specific IT process areas. Evidence of knowledge and practical use of
process improvement tools such as Cause and Effect diagrams, Pareto Analysis, Root
Cause analysis, Service Level Agreement (SLA's), Performance metrics etc.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL best practices framework.
- Well organized with strong analytical skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills combined with the ability to effectively work with all levels of staff and management.
- Proven project management and leadership skills. Ability to work as part of a team.
Results oriented. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) and its deployment in an organization would also be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a medium sized IT Operations environment.
Required Technical Skills:
- ITIL v. 3.0 Foundations;
- Advanced ITIL training in assigned process area desirable;
- Six Sigma training desirable;
- Considered highly proficient in Visio, MS Project and the Microsoft office suite;
- Facilitation skills;
- Project Management skills;
- Training/Coaching skills;
- Skills and experience using ServiceNow and BMC Remedy are required.
- Skill and experience using Navvia is desirable.
Please submit your resume for consideration.