We are looking for a contract Documentation Technical Writer, here are some of the requirements of this position.
Role: Documentation Technical Writer
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Toronto
Hours: Primarily 7.25 hour per day however there may be the requirement for temporary
changes to schedule, including overtime.
The Documentation Technical Writer will participate in either operational or project based
initiatives to create or update technical and project management documentation across IT. The
writer will be required to collect the required technical information from existing documentation,
interviews with subject matter experts, workshops, etc.The audience for this documentation can be either internal or external users, and can include user manuals, technical manuals, process and procedure documentation, technical drawings, flow charts, project management artifacts etc.
- Creation of technical project and user documentation, including procedures and processes at the specified experience level.
- Creation of online material for internal or external websites for communication or information content.
- Creation of process flow charts and swim lanes to accompany procedure manuals.
- Creation or update of technical drawings using Visio and other technical drawing tools.
- Hosting of workshops and 1/1 interviews with subject matter experts to capture necessary technical information.
- Creation or update of project management artifacts.
- This position requires a minimum education level of a college diploma in the Information
Technology or Business writing field, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Information Technology technical writing.
- Awareness of current IT technologies and terminology.
- Awareness of ITIL and COBIT concepts.
- Awareness of project management process concepts.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Knowledge and experience in developing on-line documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with communications protocols.
- Knowledge and experience with tools for the creation, distribution and maintenance of project and user documentation including MS Office (Word, Power point, Excel, Visio).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal skills
- Experience with office automation suites, presentation tools, and at least one authoring
Package. A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
Please submit your resume for consideration.