McMaster University Employee Reviews

great place to work
Member of team responsible for facilitating (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 September 2016
all around great place to work, friendly staff, very oraganised, free lunches, never doing the same thing the job always changes. opertunitys are endless
Job was great, co-workers were great.
Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 September 2016
It was an enjoyable, short contract position within the Dept. of Surgery and the Dept. of Otolaryngology. The job was great, co-workers were great. Had to leave for a permanent position elsewhere.
Overall Good Employer for Student
McMaster Altitude Program Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 September 2016
I worked during my time as a student. It had extremely flexible hours, but there was little opportunity for promotion, or raises. While well managed, there were a variety of levels of workers that you'd be working side by side with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Working Atmosphere, Flexible Hours and Time Off
Cons
Little opportunity for moving up
Overall its good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton14 September 2016
I like the overall environment. It is a nice place and people are friendly. Co-workers are nice as well and they help. You can find everything inside the campus so you rearlly leave the place
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 September 2016
Worked seven hours daily.
Positive and rewarding enviornment to work in.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Hardest part was dealing with patients who can sometimes be temperamental.
ECE Dept full of lazy professors
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 August 2016
Relaxed Environment, nice place to do your grad studies. However you have to work independently since most probably your supervisor will not care much about you.
Wonderful environment and outstanding facility
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 July 2016
I have had the privilege of being a TA for an Engineering Design course and a biomechanics course in Mcmaster University. I dearly loved the classroom setting in which I was able to interact with students on a daily basis and assist them in their assignments. The most difficult part of the job had to be preparing a tutorial and the best part was showing up to class and teaching.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Long hours of preparation beforehand
nice place
Casual worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 July 2016
Operate pot/cutlery/washing machines. Receiving and stocking supplies, food and products. Load/unload products in and out of freezer and cooler
great place to work
Personal Support Worker Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2016
great company. love working there. I left because I went back to school to take my PSW course and wanted to work in my field. fabulous managers.
Pros
great workers
Cons
not enough overtime
Productive and Fun working Environment
Multimedia Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 June 2016
Flexible work hours and encouraging environment for personal and career development. Well managed and filled with like-minded positive people.
Excellent Instituition for Learning, growing, and working
Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2016
McMaster University provided a wonderful environment for growth and learning, helping me build my skills, whilst being able to contribute to the University.
It Was a Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2016
I used to love working at McMaster University. The staff was valued and felt that they contributed to the success of the department - then the management in the department changed and it became a job. We weren't valued, We didn't feel we mattered, and bullying took place. And the union was next to useless.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
The management
Enjoyable work environment
Junior Pharmacy Associate (Current Employee) –  McMaster University, ON17 May 2016
Pleasurable work environment, allowing for growth and learning in the prospective field of pharmacy and the general health care environment. Focuses on pre-pharmacy school admissions. Coworkers work together as a team in order to make decisions for the group as a whole.
Great workplace for students
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 April 2016
Excellent customer service
Great Teamwork
Great leadership training
Managers ensure that employees are satisfied and ready for work
Co-workers make the workplace enjoyable to work
Learned a lot about handling matters in pressurized situations
Great place to go to school
Research Student (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 April 2016
It is a great place to go to school and provides unique opportunities for all of its students. It is a very enjoyable place to be.
Very productive and a helpful aid for younger students
Co-op Mentorship Program Mentor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 April 2016
It was great mentoring younger students from first, second and third year at McMaster University that are looking for co-op placements as part of their Bachelor of Technology program. I guide and assist these students in finding these positions and helping with preparation for interviews and key aspects about certain employers worldwide.
Great Place to work
Event Staff Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2016
- nice working environment
- flexible work schedule
- friendly supervisors
- not physically demanding
- meet a lot of great people
Pros
Great environment
Cons
N/a
Awesome workplace
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working there. They offered very flexible hours and were very student friendly.
The most enjoyable part was the people who work there. It is an awesome group of students.
The worst part was some of the people that we had to interact with over the phone.
Productive and fun place to get a project completed
Student (Former Employee) –  1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Onatrio14 March 2016
This project was completed within our school labs and there were a lot of late nights trying to get everything working, but in the end our product was exceptional.
An interdisciplinary workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2016
This university has a character to engage staff/faculty and students to do projects and achieve the best of results. THe new board are putting an effort to make this place one of the highest ranked campuses in Canada.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McMaster University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3