McMaster University

McMaster University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment
Office of Chief Human Resources Officer, Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 8, 2014
Great way to transition from University to practical working experience.
Allows for creativity
Lecturer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great food on campus
Cons: parking services
I loved working with talented 3rd and 4th year students.
I fully appreciated the complexities of the task with
respect to the student culture, the faculty needs
and the supervisor's dual role.
I wasn't a fan of the parking authority. I also felt
the online part of the job posed too big a risk to
both my students and myself.
Also, they need a job center – more... for music students--also
debt counselling.
And finally, the commute was ugly on so many days--hardest
winter ever.

Otherwise, music students, faculty and admin at McMaster U.
kick some ****! – less
Productive and releaxed
Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 22, 2014
Part-time job as a Student.
Valuable learning experience. Very good opportunity to learn University IT services infrastructure.
Great employer
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 7, 2014
Teaching 1st year undergraduate students was fulfilling.
It is a very nice place to work and study.
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioMay 7, 2014
The school provides good resources for students and employees.
Great place to work with great people
University Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 30, 2014
Working as a Teaching Assistant for McMaster university was a great experience. The team I worked with was highly professional, and full of wonderful people to work.
I would recommend McMaster university for any of my fellow co-workers looking for a job without a second thought
Productive and Helpful connections
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2014
Flexible hours, got all the help I can get from fellow coworkers and professors, all were helpfull
TA - review
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 27, 2014
It was an incredible experience to be able to teach your peers and aid their understanding in someway by relaying on what I learned from my education at Mcmaster University
very good school
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2014
good research environment, good supervisor, good research funding
The work and the people were inspiring.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Remotely from homeApril 24, 2014
The work was done independently of each other and yet the collaboration, great communication and assistance was always forthcoming. I would work with any of these people or anyone at McMaster again.
Excellent research culture
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2014
Pros: work culture, management, life balance
Excellent autonomy. I was able to come into the lab and work on my own schedule so long as tasks were completed. Coworkers were great. Opportunities for growth dependant on work completed.
Masters Degree
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 17, 2014
I am pursuing my Masters degree in Chemical Biology. Currently, I work on the determination of Aβ oligomers binding sites within HSA domains. The experimental protocol includes NMR and fluorescence experiments.
very productive
Support Staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: free snacks and lunch
Cons: walking distances
I am the Lead Floater for McMaster during the MCC medical exams. I delegate duties to other floaters during the day where we run documents from clinic to clinic throughout McMaster and other various duties.

This position is a very demanding role since it's important for the clinics to run as smoothly as possible from start to finish.

During these – more... exams I work close to 24 hours in 2 days.

The hardest part of this job is how many different areas there are to look after. Usually there are 8-10 different clinics happening at once. – less
A great universty to study Chemical egineering
Chemical Engineering Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: good education
Cons: ave to work really hard
McMaster university is a great place to study Chemical engineering. So far is one of the top university in chemical engineering because of its quality delivering of education and its unique choice of course materials that are basically industrial application based. Thus giving students a taste of the industry well in time.
Great working environment
Masters Candidate/ Invigilatior (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 17, 2014
A great reputable university with very distinctive degrees and programs. forward thinking initiatives in teaching and research and always aiming to achieve the highest standards of education and delivering solution.
McMaster Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 14, 2014
As a graduate research student in Physics I felt supported and encouraged to excel in my studies and research projects.
Busy but lots of opportunities to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), HamiltonMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: lots of work
Very busy, full of work, but management had provided the necessary support, and they showed appreciation toward the effort.
The University with a lake in its "back garden"
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 26, 2014
The TA experience was the most impressive one during my master's program. Multiple tasks are required to be finished within a limited time, including leading tutorials, marking assignments and discussing of essays. Through talking with the cute first year undergraduate students, we also developed valuable skills to communicate effectively with others – more... and learned to know the needs of the students. – less
Educational and enjoyable workplace
Social Psychology Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2014
I lead seminars of approximately 30 students to review and discuss materials from lecture. After that I hold an office hour for students with more complex questions that do not relate directly to the seminars. I've learned and improved on many skills doing so. These involve public speaking, presentation preparation, and keeping lines of steady communication – more... with my students. All of the teaching assistants are managed by professor Glavin. He does an excellent job of outlining what must be accomplished and gives us a great deal of flexibility in how we meet these goals. My co-workers are both knowledgeable and helpful. We are a team in helping each other to succeed. The most difficult part of the job is marking. It can be long and sometimes tedious. However, it is a small price to pay for the experience. The most enjoyable part by far is leading seminars. Interacting with students to solve problems is very rewarding. – less
Good part-time student employment
Teaching Assistant, Business (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 17, 2014
As a full-time student being a TA is great for developmental and monetary needs.

1 2 3 4