McMaster University Employee Reviews

Job was great, co-workers were great.
Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 27, 2016
It was an enjoyable, short contract position within the Dept. of Surgery and the Dept. of Otolaryngology. The job was great, co-workers were great. Had to leave for a permanent position elsewhere.
Overall Good Employer for Student
McMaster Altitude Program Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
I worked during my time as a student. It had extremely flexible hours, but there was little opportunity for promotion, or raises. While well managed, there were a variety of levels of workers that you'd be working side by side with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Working Atmosphere, Flexible Hours and Time Off
Cons
Little opportunity for moving up
Overall its good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  HamiltonSeptember 14, 2016
I like the overall environment. It is a nice place and people are friendly. Co-workers are nice as well and they help. You can find everything inside the campus so you rearlly leave the place
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 9, 2016
Worked seven hours daily.
Positive and rewarding enviornment to work in.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Hardest part was dealing with patients who can sometimes be temperamental.
ECE Dept full of lazy professors
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 13, 2016
Relaxed Environment, nice place to do your grad studies. However you have to work independently since most probably your supervisor will not care much about you.
Wonderful environment and outstanding facility
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2016
I have had the privilege of being a TA for an Engineering Design course and a biomechanics course in Mcmaster University. I dearly loved the classroom setting in which I was able to interact with students on a daily basis and assist them in their assignments. The most difficult part of the job had to be preparing a tutorial and the best part was showing up to class and teaching.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Long hours of preparation beforehand
great place to work
Personal Support Worker Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 13, 2016
great company. love working there. I left because I went back to school to take my PSW course and wanted to work in my field. fabulous managers.
Pros
great workers
Cons
not enough overtime
Productive and Fun working Environment
Multimedia Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 9, 2016
Flexible work hours and encouraging environment for personal and career development. Well managed and filled with like-minded positive people.
Excellent Instituition for Learning, growing, and working
Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 6, 2016
McMaster University provided a wonderful environment for growth and learning, helping me build my skills, whilst being able to contribute to the University.
It Was a Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 2, 2016
I used to love working at McMaster University. The staff was valued and felt that they contributed to the success of the department - then the management in the department changed and it became a job. We weren't valued, We didn't feel we mattered, and bullying took place. And the union was next to useless.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
The management
Great place to go to school
Research Student (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 17, 2016
It is a great place to go to school and provides unique opportunities for all of its students. It is a very enjoyable place to be.
Very productive and a helpful aid for younger students
Co-op Mentorship Program Mentor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 7, 2016
It was great mentoring younger students from first, second and third year at McMaster University that are looking for co-op placements as part of their Bachelor of Technology program. I guide and assist these students in finding these positions and helping with preparation for interviews and key aspects about certain employers worldwide.
Productive and fun place to get a project completed
Student (Former Employee) –  1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, OnatrioMarch 14, 2016
This project was completed within our school labs and there were a lot of late nights trying to get everything working, but in the end our product was exceptional.
An interdisciplinary workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2016
This university has a character to engage staff/faculty and students to do projects and achieve the best of results. THe new board are putting an effort to make this place one of the highest ranked campuses in Canada.
Inspiring environment with hardworking fellow students
VP Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2016
 Demonstrated organizational and budgeting skills through planning events and performances which were delivered on time and on budget.
 Developed exceptional leadership skills through coordinating twenty-five club members which resulted in receiving four performance invitations from different organizations, as well as two sponsorships
Place to learn
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Professors are always supporting you and helping you to achieve more.I had a fun time learning new things. The office was amazing and really flexible.
Valuable management and research experience
Senior Graduate Student and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
- learned how to manage large group of students
- learned many basic science technical skills
- most enjoyable part is co-workers/peers
- most enjoyable is solving problems encountered in research project
Progressive university that isn't always stuck with ancient teaching methods
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
There isn't much to complain about working at a public university. Good amenities such as gym, swimming pool, squash courts.
RLS Employment
House Programming Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent work environment with an amazing group of co-workers. Great way to work while balancing demands of university.
Student Placement Coordinator
Data Systems Coordinator, Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2016
I was not very happy with the way things were run. There was next to no instruction, no training for the position I filled and felt very disrespected within the office as a newcomer.

4.2