McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association Employee Reviews

Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Red Deer Family Development
Family Development (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 February 2017
I really enjoy working for Mcman. The supervisors are helpful and understanding of employees with families. They did a great job training me and gave excellent feedback throughout my first year. I would recommend working at Mcman to anyone.
Pros
Work family
Cons
N.A
Agency with integrity and professionalism.
Healthy Families & FASD Outreach worker (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB17 January 2017
Working independently with clients to provide support and assist them in accessing services that will aid them in gain and attaining their goals for a healthy and positive life style.
Pros
Great agency all around
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 September 2016
The job was okay but stressful sometimes. Management really helped out. pay was average though for the stress you go through but then again the company did all they could to help out.
Pros
Company cares about their employees
Cons
average pay
Not your "a typical" job
Team Leader, shared living (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 April 2016
Very challenging with co-workers. Individuals with less then average skills working with clients with challenges equals managing chaos.Working with clients, was the only positive side. Management either doesn't see what's happening or in some cases are overwhelmed and choose to not do anything to address problems. Didn't feel appreciated during my short time there. Wasn't worth their while to even talk to me to get more information on why I wanted to resign. I guess in the end they showed who they really are. Would never choose them as an employer ever again.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Co-workers, management, poor training, support sporadic
McMan in Drayton Vally
Family Development Worker (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB13 December 2015
I worked at McMan in Drayton Valley as a family support worker. Management was inconsistent, went through three supervisors before finally bringing up the inconsistencies to higher management... Was terminated without just cause after bringing it up. I was expected to be on call for a constantly changing schedule allowing no time to even attend a doctors appointment. I was the only employee, no support. No training and overall... Just a terrible experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unable to schedule anything around work, clients are not priority, badly managed
Friendly and quiet
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2015
The people I worked with were really nice and very friendly, they were very specific on what needed to be done. Communication was very excellent.
Pros
Breaks were a bit longer
McMan Summary
worker II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton18 March 2014
During a typical day at work I meet with individuals out in the community to advocate and connect to community as well as teach skills towards independence. I've learned that there are a variety of resources available to individuals with disabilities.